Home

Uncertainty Surrounds Madden 20's Superstar X-Factors

This is a discussion on Uncertainty Surrounds Madden 20's Superstar X-Factors within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2019, 11:02 PM   #25
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Uncertainty Surrounds Madden 20's Superstar X-Factors

This system is going to be excellent. Now there is an incentive to focus on key players in a game. Who double teamed Antonio Brown last season in Madden? I didn't. Doubt anyone realistically did it either. Now, it would be a great idea to double team him.

It may be a good idea to avoid getting sacked 3 times. I believe that is the magic number to activate one of the abilities?

In all honesty, as I see it, if you get lit up by an X-factor ability activating, that is all on you. Do better next time to stop the key player(s). You could also just drop down to rookie. lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2019, 01:38 AM   #26
Banned

I certainly hope abilities and x factor abilities are fully editable
Old 06-11-2019, 03:19 AM   #27
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
This system is going to be excellent. Now there is an incentive to focus on key players in a game. Who double teamed Antonio Brown last season in Madden? I didn't. Doubt anyone realistically did it either. Now, it would be a great idea to double team him.

It may be a good idea to avoid getting sacked 3 times. I believe that is the magic number to activate one of the abilities?

In all honesty, as I see it, if you get lit up by an X-factor ability activating, that is all on you. Do better next time to stop the key player(s). You could also just drop down to rookie. lol
I'd like to agree, but why does it feel like doubling won't achieve anything? I could be off but my impression of this system is X-Factor players are going to get theirs, you just have to hope your X-Factor guys getting theirs will swing the pendulum back hard enough.

Will we be able to effectively double team a defensive lineman?
Old 06-11-2019, 06:20 AM   #28
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
I'd like to agree, but why does it feel like doubling won't achieve anything? I could be off but my impression of this system is X-Factor players are going to get theirs, you just have to hope your X-Factor guys getting theirs will swing the pendulum back hard enough.

Thats the issue. We still aren't able to manually double a DLineman. Blocking still looked broken on some of those clips especially on one where the guard goes around the tackle to double team a rusher. It seems like your going to need to have a QB with the protected ability to help it. Said no X-Factor OL, but not sure if they confirmed no superstar OL abilities. If not, ratings will HAVE to counter it. If I have a elite pass blocker, I want fhat to counter the rushers.
Old 06-11-2019, 07:36 AM   #29
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
Thats the issue. We still aren't able to manually double a DLineman. Blocking still looked broken on some of those clips especially on one where the guard goes around the tackle to double team a rusher. It seems like your going to need to have a QB with the protected ability to help it. Said no X-Factor OL, but not sure if they confirmed no superstar OL abilities. If not, ratings will HAVE to counter it. If I have a elite pass blocker, I want fhat to counter the rushers.
It's a concern because the top OT's in the league rarely have bad games, even against elite rushers. Teams heavily gameplan an elite rusher out of a game as much as they can but I feel top OTs tend to beat top DEs more often than not. Most top D rushers feast on weaker competition.
Old 06-11-2019, 07:51 AM   #30
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza

I have seen a great HB block on an edge rusher so far. Granted that doesn't guarantee consistency. I am looking forward to seeing how ID Mike, sliding OL and blocking the RB work in M20.

I believe doubling may work, as I noticed one of the X-factors involving JuJu Smith-Schuster is named something like "double Team Me" and in the video he dominates 1v1 coverage while in the zone, which definitely seems that a double team is how to stop JuJu's x-factor zone. Thus there are counters even once a player reaches the zone.

We also have playcalling. If an Edge player gets in the zone, maybe run the opposite side or up the middle. Short passes. I believe the zones are a means to direct the user into necessitating key opponent players and making adjustments as would happen in real life, while also awarding players for using key players in their schemes where in past Madden games I could play a whole game with Antonio Brown sitting on the bench and still not feel a negative impact, or need to use him. Now I need and want to use him for what he can do for my team.

Last edited by 4thQtrStre5S; 06-11-2019 at 08:03 AM.
Old 06-11-2019, 08:13 AM   #31
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

I recall aholebert mentioning from EA Play that if you don't double AB, you could have a long day.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2019, 10:45 AM   #32
MVP

OVR: 19

Now that the initial wave of Madden Hyperbole has subsided some surrounding Player Abilities, I revisited the Deep Dive to get a better idea of what we’re dealing with.

Just some aspects to that can be overlooked during the initial reveal and immediate discussion following.

Waiting on response from Clint/Dev to clarify that most players in league will be under Normal/Star umbrella.

Along with the max Abilities a Superstar can possess.

Lastly, can a Superstar Ability be lost due to age/injury etc...
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 2421DD90-E70C-4E8A-BD41-3928E9425F65.jpeg (271.4 KB, 80 views)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »