Home

What's Hot and What's Not in the Madden 20 Beta

This is a discussion on What's Hot and What's Not in the Madden 20 Beta within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2019, 07:01 AM   #41
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: What's Hot and What's Not in the Madden 20 Beta

Quote:
Originally Posted by testorz
i've been playing madden since the 16-bit genesis and snes days and while graphically the game has changed, the game play for the most part has not changed all that much.
It doesn't sound like you played the beta, then.

Night and day difference even between 19 and 20, and it's not even close.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2019, 07:38 AM   #42
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphinx
Yep, about the only thing I didn't like about the gameplay was qb's were too accurate. But that will end up being tuned down I am sure and if it's not, we have a slider for that. Plus, the sliders actually seemed to be working fairly well when I was experimenting with them. But for me default all pro for once felt like a challenge and a lot of that was because of the superstars and x-factors. I am really looking forward to the full release.
Historically, adjusting the QB Accuracy slider has helped a bit, but the true "fix" is adjusting the Short, Medium, and Long pass accuracy ratings for each QB. People don't like to do that, bit it does yield more realistic completion % and also better looking mis-throws on the field. Player rating adjustments have always been a better way to get realism in gameplay vs sliders...but an unpopular one.

C
Old 06-19-2019, 08:04 AM   #43
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by testorz
i've been playing madden since the 16-bit genesis and snes days and while graphically the game has changed, the game play for the most part has not changed all that much.
I don't agree with that at all. Have you played all the Maddens recently. They've changed quite a bit imo.

Playing:
Old 06-19-2019, 09:19 AM   #44
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReal Milticket
I don't agree with that at all. Have you played all the Maddens recently. They've changed quite a bit imo.
Classic case of someone who has watched some videos and not played any of the recent games. Not a clue but thinks they know..

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-19-2019, 09:34 AM   #45
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
^^^Too much to quote but that's 100% on the money. The X Factor/Superstar system is great and anyone that i've seen that's spent time in the game testing it loves it. They really nailed the execution.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphinx
I could not possibly disagree more with your assessment of where the game is at. Did you play the beta? The X-factor player were done extremely well and made a difference in how you play. As a cfm player, I thought they were one of the best additions madden as made in years. Finally stars stand out, which is something I would argue, we've never had in madden. If you're strictly talking MUT, then you might be on the wrong boards, I don't know how many of the guys around here are worrying about how balanced a pay for reward mode is.

I have to say to those who didnt play the beta but are worried these people saying these things are not telling the truth for some reason. I have been and will continue to be tough on EA for things they fail at. I had serious questions and stated so on these forums that the Xfactor stuff would be OP (i also said this about RPOs ).

I actually played the beta, and im here to tell the doubters , if they keep those things how they were in the beta, neither x factors or RPOs are OP. Xfactors was not something i saw engaged 2-5 times per game . Mostly just once , IF even that ( on sim mode in franchise, i never touched h2h online). However , what i felt really made a difference was , you now will be paying much closer attention to whom is lined up against you on the other side of the ball and where they are lined up at. However it in no way felt OP . It was great really i thought .

I played as Jags. Jaylen Ramsey is an xfactor. He had to cause 2 incomplete passes his way to engage it . But even when he did that, one completion his way disengaged it, and it didnt take that long for that to happen. In no way did it ever feel like it was OP for me or against me .

This is honestly the best ( not perfect) madden gameplay i recall ever playing . I am glad they proved me wrong ! Now if only they could do this type of improvements to franchise......

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2019, 09:37 AM   #46
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
It doesn't sound like you played the beta, then.

Night and day difference even between 19 and 20, and it's not even close.
It really is not even close. Anyone who touched the beta knows and states this .

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 06-19-2019, 09:38 AM   #47
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
I have to say to those who didnt play the beta but are worried these people saying these things are not telling the truth for some reason. I have been and will continue to be tough on EA for things they fail at. I had serious questions and stated so on these forums that the Xfactor stuff would be OP (i also said this about RPOs ).

I actually played the beta, and im here to tell the doubters , if they keep those things how they were in the beta, neither x factors or RPOs are OP. Xfactors was not something i saw engaged 2-5 times per game . Mostly just once , IF even that ( on sim mode in franchise, i never touched h2h online). However , what i felt really made a difference was , you now will be paying much closer attention to whom is lined up against you on the other side of the ball and where they are lined up at. However it in no way felt OP . It was great really i thought .

I played as Jags. Jaylen Ramsey is an xfactor. He had to cause 2 incomplete passes his way to engage it . But even when he did that, one completion his way disengaged it, and it didnt take that long for that to happen. In no way did it ever feel like it was OP for me or against me .

This is honestly the best ( not perfect) madden gameplay i recall ever playing . I am glad they proved me wrong ! Now if only they could do this type of improvements to franchise......
And if only they don’t “fix” it with patches. I may turn off automatic updates if it can be done.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Old 06-19-2019, 09:39 AM   #48
Rookie

ijumpedthegun's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
Historically, adjusting the QB Accuracy slider has helped a bit, but the true "fix" is adjusting the Short, Medium, and Long pass accuracy ratings for each QB. People don't like to do that, bit it does yield more realistic completion % and also better looking mis-throws on the field. Player rating adjustments have always been a better way to get realism in gameplay vs sliders...but an unpopular one.

C
I get why it's unpopular. It takes forever and you have to commit to doing it with every new incoming draft class.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »