Home

Gridiron Notes June 21 QB Throwing Styles

This is a discussion on Gridiron Notes June 21 QB Throwing Styles within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2019, 11:47 PM   #33
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Gridiron Notes June 21 QB Throwing Styles

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
I understand that they can change it post-launch but they've had all year to differentiate it more than what it is so how likely is it that they're going to make that change? It's crazy that it's that way from launch. You're telling me that every starting QB in the NFL has the same delivery time besides Foles and Rodgers? There's no way. That doesn't even begin to touch on guys like Haskins, McCoy, Keenum, Manning, Jones, Fitzpattrick, Rosen, etc. who all are fighting for a starting QB jobs. So all of them must have the fast animation as well. That's ridiculous lol. Is Foles' delivery THAT much slower than the other 35+ QBs that they are labeling as potential starters?

Lol. Well, foles does have an extremely ‘deliberate’ windup that is a bit slower than almost all QBs I’ve seen in the past few years. So, it may actually be fair to say that. Had a helluva super bowl, though. And, that’s not to say he’s a bad qb, but he does have a slow elongated delivery. He’s a bit lanky, in general.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-23-2019, 12:22 AM   #34
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Meh, to each their own.

Yes, it was deeper with setting hot dog prices and parking prices, but Tony Bruno was nauseating for me.

The only thing I did button skip over were the mini training drill.
Tony Bruno was great. Also holdouts, player morale, full stat tracking, etc.

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Old 06-23-2019, 06:04 AM   #35
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
Lol. Well, foles does have an extremely ‘deliberate’ windup that is a bit slower than almost all QBs I’ve seen in the past few years. So, it may actually be fair to say that. Had a helluva super bowl, though. And, that’s not to say he’s a bad qb, but he does have a slow elongated delivery. He’s a bit lanky, in general.

Yeah, Foles is certainly “lanky.” They don’t call him BDN for nothing.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2019, 09:50 AM   #36
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
Yeah, Foles is certainly “lanky.” They don’t call him BDN for nothing.

Lol. I had to google that. Good for Nick. Lol.

Old 06-23-2019, 10:25 AM   #37
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeDunkz
Tony Bruno was great. Also holdouts, player morale, full stat tracking, etc.
That is where anything can be subjective to different people.

I wasn't into and still not into stat tracking. Agree with the player morale part, but I've been a button presser all the time with presentation type elements of the game if I can including Bruno.

I enjoy getting into the games more than the backend stuff and just don't have the time to spend on it, but realize others enjoy both, have the time to spend on it and respect that.
Old 06-23-2019, 11:06 AM   #38
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
That is where anything can be subjective to different people.

I wasn't into and still not into stat tracking. Agree with the player morale part, but I've been a button presser all the time with presentation type elements of the game if I can including Bruno.

I enjoy getting into the games more than the backend stuff and just don't have the time to spend on it, but realize others enjoy both, have the time to spend on it and respect that.

I loved the idea of the Bruno show, but I think it was just that I didnt like Bruno. Lol. I can’t remember if it was his voice, what he said, how he said it, or all of the above. But, I distinctly remember being interested in the idea of a radio show, listening to it a few times, and then turning it off completely because I just could not listen to that man anymore! Lol.

But, really, even in today’s social media world, a radio show would be an excellent addition for the simple fact that it can play in the background while you’re scrolling through menus, updating contracts, looking at stats, etc. Some people have said they don’t want a weekly wrap up show because they wouldn’t watch it. From ea’s perspective, a weekly wrapup would take time and resources to get right. A radio show is simply audio in the background. This is not hard from a design standpoint. They already do plenty of audio from Gaudin and Davis throughout the year, why not try another radio program, or call it a ‘podcast’ to be up on the times. Hopefully, get someone better than Bruno, lol, and simply have it playing in the background while in CFM. He can talk about current stat leaders in your CFM, current playoff chances for teams, who’s hot and who’s not type of thing. Upcoming draft choices. He can talk about heisman hopefuls. Geez, the more I talk about his, the more I want this. Lol. And, honestly, from a design standpoint, this shouldn’t be that difficult. They would have to allocate resources to create it and then record voice tracks similar to Gaudin and Davis.

But, yeah, again, for the record, Bruno was AWFUL! Lol.

Old 06-23-2019, 11:12 AM   #39
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
I loved the idea of the Bruno show, but I think it was just that I didnt like Bruno. Lol. I can’t remember if it was his voice, what he said, how he said it, or all of the above. But, I distinctly remember being interested in the idea of a radio show, listening to it a few times, and then turning it off completely because I just could not listen to that man anymore! Lol.

But, really, even in today’s social media world, a radio show would be an excellent addition for the simple fact that it can play in the background while you’re scrolling through menus, updating contracts, looking at stats, etc. Some people have said they don’t want a weekly wrap up show because they wouldn’t watch it. From ea’s perspective, a weekly wrapup would take time and resources to get right. A radio show is simply audio in the background. This is not hard from a design standpoint. They already do plenty of audio from Gaudin and Davis throughout the year, why not try another radio program, or call it a ‘podcast’ to be up on the times. Hopefully, get someone better than Bruno, lol, and simply have it playing in the background while in CFM. He can talk about current stat leaders in your CFM, current playoff chances for teams, who’s hot and who’s not type of thing. Upcoming draft choices. He can talk about heisman hopefuls. Geez, the more I talk about his, the more I want this. Lol. And, honestly, from a design standpoint, this shouldn’t be that difficult. They would have to allocate resources to create it and then record voice tracks similar to Gaudin and Davis.

But, yeah, again, for the record, Bruno was AWFUL! Lol.

The Good Morning Football guys would be great, and probably not as expensive as Shannon Sharpe and Skip Bayless and the like.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Old 06-23-2019, 08:18 PM   #40
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Quote:

lol first off, careful what you're googling. Secondly, I totally get that. He is slow, but I think it's crazy how they chose to differentiate between Qb's and the best they came up with was:
  • Tier 1 - 1 QB
  • Tier 2 - 34+ QB's
  • Tier 3 - 1 QB
Like what's the point of differentiating if basically everyone is the exact same? How is that worth the effort?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »