Home

Madden 19 VS Madden 20 Expectations.

This is a discussion on Madden 19 VS Madden 20 Expectations. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2019, 05:45 PM   #1
Rookie

steeldee7's Arena

OVR: 0
Madden 19 VS Madden 20 Expectations.

I want honest feedback. Did we have the same expectations last year when Madden released. I remember loving the game play. Loving the new additions.
Loving the feel of the game then by December not even loading it up anymore.
I was so disappointed with the end game of Madden last year. I didn't even play for like three months. I feel the same level of excitement this year maybe even more. I also understand why. But does the rest of the community share my thoughts? Did you all feel this way about Madden 19 and have the same high expectations?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2019, 06:14 PM   #2
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Re: Madden 19 VS Madden 20 Expectations.

I didn't love M18 so i was cautious last year. I also didn't get to play the beta for 19.

Once the lighting bug got sorted out with M19 I loved it (up until the RB falling forward bug got intoduced late in the cycle that is lol). My hype is due in part to 19 being a lot of fun and also playing the beta. The beta was nuts. RPO's change the game. That's not hyperbole. They completely change the game. LB's not making superman INT's is huge. The gameplay in general just has a totally unseen level of polish on it that it's never had before. There's so many other things as well. The x-factors and star abilities actually differentiate quality players. The ratings spread totally changes the gameplay. The pass rush is incredible.

I enjoyed Madden 19. It's my 2nd most played Madden all time behind M15. I probably would've rated it around a 7.5 or an 8. With that in mind, Madden 20 (if it's like it was in the beta, which all signs point to it being after that stream yesterday) easily gets a 9.0-9.5 for me and I'm a huge CFM guy that is disappointed in the lack of additions to the mode. The stuff they did with gameplay is incredible and that's why my hype is so high.
Old 07-19-2019, 06:28 PM   #3
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Leading into launch last year, I thought Madden 19 was shaping up to be an iterative improvement on Madden 18 in most ways on the field. The three big-ticket items for me personally last year were things that aren't immediately noticeable when one opens the game: new Quarters coverage AI, franchise mode player archetypes / skill points / rebuilt progression, and the draft class editor. The new running controls were the most visible on-field change and, while noticed and appreciated, those weren't really revolutionary, and they didn't change the experience in a major way.

Madden 20, by comparison, looks like it's going to be a radically different game from its predecessor on the field. One can quite literally watch one pass play from M20 and know it's a different game from M19. The new modernized motion-heavy playbooks, run-pass options, and rebuilt pass rush would make the game much better on the field on their own. Throw in X-Factors on top of that; they make the best players really stand out, in doing so adding another layer to the on-field chess match. Going back to M19 after playing the M20 beta was, well, challenging. Franchise feels like took a bit of a backseat to gameplay this year, the opposite of last year. The quality of life improvements and other minor tuning changes and adjustments should add up to make it iteratively better, but with the jury still out on Scenario Engine there's not really one major new feature there yet to get excited about just yet. Even if Franchise were the exact same as M19, though, I'd still be super-excited to play M20 just for the major on-field additions and changes.

So yeah, tl;dr - I'm jazzed for Madden 20, whereas I was tepidly looking forward to playing Madden 19.
Old 07-19-2019, 07:16 PM   #4
MVP

scitychamps87's Arena

OVR: 3

My opinion is that expectations for '19 were really high with RPM and the supposed franchise updates and the game seriously disappointed. I buy Madden day 1 every year. Madden 19 was the worst Madden I've played since the early PS3 days of Madden 07 & 08.

I think with Madden 20, expectations might be lower after '19. However, after playing the Beta, this is the most well playing Madden gameplay wise since the PS2 days. It just has that fun element. The weight of the game feels much more realistic, but also smooth. Stars stand out from the rest. I think Madden 20 is poised to blow the expectations out of the water with respect to gameplay and graphics.

I think this gen is a history of incremental improvements.

'25 = Getting new gen ready.

'15 = new defensive controls

'16 = new receiver catches

'17 = new ball carrier moves

'18 = Frostbite graphics & ID the Mike.

'19= RPM but buggy and terrible lighting. Yet custom drafts.

'20= X Factors, RPM 2.0, great realistic feel. RPOs

Once you throw in the improvements of Gaudin and Davis as well as Big Decisions and Custom Draft Classes in Franchise as well as archetypes. I think this gen overall is an improvement. Not groundbreaking but a lot better than PS3 gen.

So excited for Madden 20. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app
--5 Time Stanley Cup Champions--
Old 07-19-2019, 08:54 PM   #5
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Madden 19 was a title I purchased after participating in the beta even though I wasn't happy with the direction the beta was going with player movement, pass rush, coverages, and animation interactions. The game played very stiff. Suction tackling. ineffective coverages which got worse after a title update that further destroyed Cover 4. My desire, my motivation to play the game was removed altogether after about 1 1/2 months though I continued to play because I love football.

Madden 20. Participated in the beta and knew almost immediately that I was in love. All the issues I had with previous Madden games, including superman Linebackers were eliminated. I felt motivated, not just to play M20, but to study and practice the game. The big concern after the beta was, are they going to nerf pass rush or bring back super LBs, etc?

M19 got progressively worse through the beta because it was reverting back to M18 gameplay thus showing no improvement in the key area I believe most important in football games, the gameplay.

The M20 post-beta time period had me concerned that the gameplay was going to regress once again. Thankfully all my concerns were washed away after listening to the recent M20 stream. Pass rush was not touched. Gameplay will remain as the beta.

In fact, with the addition of the TE block and release system, and the apparent addition of another blocking mechanic, I feel the gameplay will be even better than the beta. And with focus on blocking mechanics, I have to assume the pass is going to remain a strong point going forward. WINNING.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2019, 09:13 PM   #6
MVP

michaelhawj's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
Madden 19 was a title I purchased after participating in the beta even though I wasn't happy with the direction the beta was going with player movement, pass rush, coverages, and animation interactions. The game played very stiff. Suction tackling. ineffective coverages which got worse after a title update that further destroyed Cover 4. My desire, my motivation to play the game was removed altogether after about 1 1/2 months though I continued to play because I love football.

Madden 20. Participated in the beta and knew almost immediately that I was in love. All the issues I had with previous Madden games, including superman Linebackers were eliminated. I felt motivated, not just to play M20, but to study and practice the game. The big concern after the beta was, are they going to nerf pass rush or bring back super LBs, etc?

M19 got progressively worse through the beta because it was reverting back to M18 gameplay thus showing no improvement in the key area I believe most important in football games, the gameplay.

The M20 post-beta time period had me concerned that the gameplay was going to regress once again. Thankfully all my concerns were washed away after listening to the recent M20 stream. Pass rush was not touched. Gameplay will remain as the beta.

In fact, with the addition of the TE block and release system, and the apparent addition of another blocking mechanic, I feel the gameplay will be even better than the beta. And with focus on blocking mechanics, I have to assume the pass is going to remain a strong point going forward. WINNING.
i love gameplay so much especially RPM 2.0, RPO and Superstar X factors with abilities.. Pass Rush feel so good and realistic.. EA need to focus more on Franchise Mode for Madden 21 especially PS5 and Xbox Scarlett in November 2020
Old 07-19-2019, 10:06 PM   #7
Banned

I just hope finally in this year version that the linebackers don't catch better than the WR's...... Or the DB's being able to jump 30 feet in the air for the INT... Geesh..
Old 07-19-2019, 10:21 PM   #8
Rookie

ShadyFan25's Arena

I definitely had higher expectations last year. Especially after seeing how much RPM was being hyped before launch. I ended up liking most of what Madden 19 offered and enjoyed the draft class creator and the progression system in CFM. RPM and maybe even gameplay as a whole was really disappointing for me though. Something seemed off during every play. CPU RB's making weird cuts, my TE literally vanishing during pre-snap, players being tackled through the field, etc.

This year, my expectations are pretty low after hearing about the lack of major changes in CFM. Gamepley seems much better though so we'll see.

My expectations are really high for M21 though. CFM needs a complete overhaul. I'm really tired of hearing devs say "It's on the list, we'll get to it eventually." Look at what NBA 2k is able to add in a dev cycle, please invest in Franchise Mode.

Last edited by ShadyFan25; 07-19-2019 at 10:22 PM. Reason: Forgot a word

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »