Home

Madden NFL 20 Gameplay Videos - Raiders vs. Jets & Saints vs Rams (@EricRayweather)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 20 Gameplay Videos - Raiders vs. Jets & Saints vs Rams (@EricRayweather) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2019, 03:24 PM   #65
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: New Madden 20 Gameplay from EricRayWeather

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmetcalfe
If this is the case why in the world would he be showing gameplay video against the CPU in COMP mode??
I guess not really a question you can answer Josh but these guys releasing gameplay early knows how dissected this game is and you’d think they’d take things like game modes and difficulty more into account.
Because, it makes them look good? (teasing)

It's what these guys play....and frankly, take that video into context. Where us 'sim' guys are going....WTF....I see tons of opportunities for H2H where a user opponent has to switch defenders and make plays. If the AI-controlled coverage for Comp was full blankets like we want on sim, then the opportunity for good user skills will dry up a lot more. In essence, that wider coverage is creating opportunities for user 'skill gap' to come into play.

They're showing the game off...but to a VASTLY different audience with VASTLY different expectations.

Last edited by JoshC1977; 07-23-2019 at 03:26 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2019, 03:24 PM   #66
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Don't forget to hit that LIKE button, and PLEASE smash that Subscribe button. Hit me up in the comments and I'll try and get back with ya. As always, thanks for watching.

It's the same thing every single video.
Better than EA Sports Tiburon flew me out yada yada
Old 07-23-2019, 03:25 PM   #67
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Not a big fan. It looks really like 19 which for me is the worst madden to date.
Old 07-23-2019, 03:26 PM   #68
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
Not a big fan. It looks really like 19 which for me is the worst madden to date.
You are 100% wrong and off the mark with that as far as Madden 20 is concerned.

I take it you didn't experience the beta.
Old 07-23-2019, 03:26 PM   #69
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Better than EA Sports Tiburon flew me out yada yada
At least when you hear that they flew someone out or are sponsoring the video then you know they aren't trying to hide any bias in the video.

― Plato
Old 07-23-2019, 03:27 PM   #70
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
He is probably playing on an easier difficulty, but from my time in the beta, the gameplay is very open this year. It was offense offense offense every game. I'm not sure if they nerfed the defense any or if the new improved run blocking and RPO's are just that powerful, but it playing online or against the CPU in the beta it was rather easy to sustain drives for me.

On another note, why do we still see the Comp/Att for QB's? Show the completion % or other stats. No broadcast is going to show the completions and attempts numbers.
What? Wow, my experience over my 30 hours or so with the beta was quite the opposite, very little offense either from myself or the CPU. In fact, I was thinking it was going to be pretty unpopular with a lot of people if they kept it so low scoring and defensive oriented.

Most of my scores were very low on 5 minutes. I did like it though because I was thinking once I started playing longer quarters the scoring would just be perfect. But I was thinking "man I dunno, people are going to be mad they can't score and the CPU doesn't do too well either, too low scoring??"

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-23-2019, 03:30 PM   #71
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
It may look like it but plays nothing like it. Have to actually play it and you'll see.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2019, 03:31 PM   #72
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
What? Wow, my experience over my 30 hours or so with the beta was quite the opposite, very little offense either from myself or the CPU. In fact, I was thinking it was going to be pretty unpopular with a lot of people if they kept it so low scoring and defensive oriented.

Most of my scores were very low on 5 minutes. I did like it though because I was thinking once I started playing longer quarters the scoring would just be perfect. But I was thinking "man I dunno, people are going to be mad they can't score and the CPU doesn't do too well either, too low scoring??"
Maybe I was just too used to how tight we had coverage on the PC or how much stronger we had the pass rush, or even how much more difficult we made the run game, but I thought playing the beta was way too easy on offense. It was very fun, I saw plenty of improvement, and it felt nice, but it was definitely way too easy to move the ball on default All-Pro. With the Redskins in CFM I was guaranteed to have 300-400 yards rushing if I was just playing the game like I normally would. Any outside running play with Adrian Peterson was going to be a huge gain. Stretch plays I thought were even stronger in the beta than they were 19. The coverage was not tight(I was probably used to the modded gameplay and the tight coverage there).

Then going online and playing as Brees and the Saints or Brady and the Patriots, I was able to just dink and dunk my way down the field every drive.

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »