Home

Madden NFL 20 Impressions (EA Access / Launch, All Platforms)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 20 Impressions (EA Access / Launch, All Platforms) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2019, 10:12 PM   #81
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: Madden NFL 20 Impressions (EA Access / Launch, All Platforms)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Okay so I played against the Titans. Their RB and QB ran all over my Ravens. I must say the lighting is VERY GOOD this year. 1pm clear day games look like 1pm games. Last year all games looked like 6:30pm games. RPO's are awesome.
Agreed on the lighting, Skillz.

Are you playing on AP or AM?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2019, 10:19 PM   #82
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

OVR: 0

Love the addition of good stadium music. Already hearing a lot of the same songs as we hear on sundays, from Coldplay to Panic at the Disco. Great addition to the atmosphere.
Old 07-24-2019, 10:19 PM   #83
Hall Of Fame

AUChase's Arena

OVR: 35

I like that you can thread the needle on passes over the middle that might have been robo-MLB picked off in the past. You can also really see speed in the open field when players on defense are closing the gap.

The game looks great on PC, but I only have an i-5 and 1070ti so I'm sure a top of the line CPU/GPU blows it out of the water. The colors really pop and lighting is phenomenal.

I think I'll enjoy it for a bit, but ultimately get bored because Franchise seems kind of neglected. This game looks great and the game play is a lot of fun though so MUT players shouldn't have much to complain about.

At this point I'm glad I didn't pay outright for it and it comes with Origin Premier... don't mean to be a debbie downer, though.. it's fun for what it is.
Old 07-24-2019, 10:23 PM   #84
Hall Of Fame

AUChase's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
Idk if its bc ive been playing with bad secondaries but pass coverage is suspect. Seeing a ton of wide open guys on all pro sim

This is something I'd like to test. If you're using the Bucs like me then it might just be that the secondary ratings are awful. They seem to be really bad out of position and completely behind every play.
Old 07-24-2019, 10:26 PM   #85
Pro

ChampIsHere42's Arena

OVR: 6

Some of these impressions are starting to make me nervous. The whole CPU management issues, seen some posts about how the X Factors are OP..I know there was issues last year with the CPU not calling timeouts when they should or calling appropriate plays for the situation. I hope they can patch this. I really had high hopes after hearing some reviews of the beta..someone tell me its not as bad as i think..lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2019, 10:26 PM   #86
MVP

OVR: 0

Quick impressions:

+ decision by EA to cut walk to the line. I can see myself playing a lot more games with the time saved by this
+ I played on All Pro Sim Franchise preseason game and got 5 penalties in my first game, a big improvement from past games
+ graphics (lighting, player appearance and motion)
- no refs on the field
- still have the punt into the wind glitch
+ Superstar X-factors bring a lot to the game
+ presentation slight boost - really like the new design of sports ticker
- commentary uses lines from last year (when they talk about "venerable Soldier Field")
Old 07-24-2019, 10:30 PM   #87
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampIsHere42
Some of these impressions are starting to make me nervous. The whole CPU management issues, seen some posts about how the X Factors are OP..I know there was issues last year with the CPU not calling timeouts when they should or calling appropriate plays for the situation. I hope they can patch this. I really had high hopes after hearing some reviews of the beta..someone tell me its not as bad as i think..lol
I meant to post the good first, so to be clear, I think they're going in the right direction with these X factor guys. I LOVE the concept. I just noticed that it manifested very differently in my 2 games with the same teams on 2 different levels.

I'm going to need more time with AM to see if I can learn to play up to the level now that these SS guys are in the game. It could very well be that some additional time is all I need. I'd honestly have loved to see the SS guys a little more active on AP and a hair less on AM, so it could be a balancing issue...or it could be sample size.

I think for AM, they need to tune CPU QB accuracy down a bit and tune HUM CVG up a bit for sim style.
Old 07-24-2019, 10:36 PM   #88
Rookie

OVR: 1

Just played my first game. Seahawks vs Redskins.

Lost 27-21 in a fun game (all-pro).

* Player movement seems much better, like it a lot.

* No real presentation improvements besides the new scorebug. I'd love to see stat overlays similar to a real broadcast (or similar to the 15 year old 2k5 game)! Same graphic logo intros and walking by the stats on the way to the locker room.

* graphics are beautiful, but lags on the cutaway/wipes (Xbox 1).

* glad to see they fixed the puget sound water to make it look more realistic (last year looked like it was a carribean beach).

* will they ever have names on the sideline players again? Ridiculous. I know it doesn't matter but it's still annoying haha.

* Russell Wilson feels a lot better to play with this year and feels way faster than last year.

* no refs on the field is weird and just unacceptable in this day and age.

* They have the soccer end zones (no blue paint) for the game I played. Lame. I need my blue seahawks end zones. It will be cool if it's like real life and they don't do the blue end zones until November.

* I wish they had competition to press them to be better but I'll still enjoy this game.

Thanks!

Last edited by SeahawkSanders; 07-24-2019 at 10:44 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »