Home

Franchise sim stats kill the game!

This is a discussion on Franchise sim stats kill the game! within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2019, 02:11 AM   #1
All Star

OVR: 0
Franchise sim stats kill the game!

So I did a sim of franchise mode with EA access to see how sim stats are, and man are they bad to the point were I dont see how any one can play franchise mode this year if they dont get improved big time in a patch and sim stats seem to be something hard to fix with out missing up other stats so I really dont see it being fixed in a patch. I didn't play 19 but I have had most madden games over the last 10 years or so and this years sim stats are by far the worst I have seen. In the past they were mostly good. This year they are really really bad and not just the QB rushing yards but a lot of other stats are just way of.

Turnovers forced and turnovers over all are way to low. In the sim the team with the most tunovers only had 19 in real life last year 4 teams had 30+. Tackles are to low over all to. Also only 1 punt/kickoff return TD in the whole league. Yards per punt is way to high ever punter had a average of like 50-54 yards per punt. FG attempts way to low most FG attempts in the league was just 23. There were a few other stats way messed up to that I am forgetting about right now. But yeah I dont known how sim stats got so much worse then 18 and how they are like the worst they have maybe ever been.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2019, 03:17 AM   #2
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Re: Franchise sim stats kill the game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
So I did a sim of franchise mode with EA access to see how sim stats are, and man are they bad to the point were I dont see how any one can play franchise mode this year if they dont get improved big time in a patch and sim stats seem to be something hard to fix with out missing up other stats so I really dont see it being fixed in a patch. I didn't play 19 but I have had most madden games over the last 10 years or so and this years sim stats are by far the worst I have seen. In the past they were mostly good. This year they are really really bad and not just the QB rushing yards but a lot of other stats are just way of.

Turnovers forced and turnovers over all are way to low. In the sim the team with the most tunovers only had 19 in real life last year 4 teams had 30+. Tackles are to low over all to. Also only 1 punt/kickoff return TD in the whole league. Yards per punt is way to high ever punter had a average of like 50-54 yards per punt. FG attempts way to low most FG attempts in the league was just 23. There were a few other stats way messed up to that I am forgetting about right now. But yeah I dont known how sim stats got so much worse then 18 and how they are like the worst they have maybe ever been.

Sim stats can be modded on PC, so I think it can be done in a patch. It's all about priorities, and those will depend on what will sell and what the community is most vocal about.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Old 07-27-2019, 06:59 AM   #3
Pro

Sparkles's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
Sim stats can be modded on PC, so I think it can be done in a patch. It's all about priorities, and those will depend on what will sell and what the community is most vocal about.
Take a guess on where their priorities are lol
NHL New Jersey Devils
EPL Manchester United
NCAA FB Pittsburgh Panthers
NCAA BB Pittsburgh Panthers
Old 07-27-2019, 07:04 AM   #4

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkles
How about you tell us where their priorities are.
Old 07-27-2019, 07:50 AM   #5
Rookie

While I am certainly very annoyed that this is occurring, if it really is a complex fix like we’ve heard it is, then I think there are bigger fish to fry.

With pass coverage seemingly being very unreliable and buggy along with cut-logic (which players teams cut) being flawed, those types of things should take priority over sim stats.

Pass coverage is an actual in-game gameplay issue. If a gameplay element is not working, you won’t even want to make it to the end of a season to see the sim stats. 16 game season, plus playoffs, with non-functioning pass coverage? No thanks. I won’t make it to the trade deadline before I’ll want to throw my controller through my television.

Meanwhile, unless you’re doing 32 team control, the CPU gutting important players from rosters breaks immersion quite a bit. You might as well do a fantasy draft if franchise players and young prospects are just going to be cast into free agency by the CPU.

I’d rather see that Devonte Freeman’s rushing stats are off rather than see that his stats are fine, but he’s playing on the wrong team because the Falcons inexplicably cut their starting running back after the preseason.

Bad sim stats harm immersion and I’m guessing also progression (due to players possibly not meeting milestones). As stated above, while it does harm immersion, it’s less so than other things imo. Also, the effect on progression can be mitigated to some extent with adjustments to the XP sliders to make up for the missed or over-attained milestones goals.

Again, I wish sim stats worked. I hope they fix it. I strongly hope they don’t choose to fix it over more pressing issues.

Last edited by Jimbo12308; 07-27-2019 at 07:53 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2019, 07:53 AM   #6
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkles
Then maybe it’s time to switch to PC?
Well, wait until someone mods sim stats.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Old 07-27-2019, 11:29 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
How about you tell us where their priorities are.
Are you kidding? Their priorities are pretty obviously monetizing the game beyond the initial $60. Always have been. MUT is a cancer on Madden, but people eat that **** up.

Sure isn’t any semblance of immersion or improvements at all in Franchise mode.
Old 07-27-2019, 11:34 AM   #8

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockl3y
Are you kidding? Their priorities are pretty obviously monetizing the game beyond the initial $60. Always have been. MUT is a cancer on Madden, but people eat that **** up.

Sure isn’t any semblance of immersion or improvements at all in Franchise mode.
What immersion or improvements were made to MUT?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »