Home

Weather Reports

This is a discussion on Weather Reports within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2019, 03:56 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Weather Reports

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I defend EA a lot on here in these forums but I agree that this is really indefensible and needs fixed.

There's more to weather than simple precipitation. Temperature can play as big of a role, if not more, than that actually.
Temperature does have an affect on gameplay, not a huge one, but I believe anything over 85 or below 32 changes the rate of fatigue drain/regen. I don't remember the specifics, but it was something I messed with when modding the game last year.

― Plato
Old 07-29-2019, 04:12 PM   #18
MVP

underdog13's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Temperature does have an affect on gameplay, not a huge one, but I believe anything over 85 or below 32 changes the rate of fatigue drain/regen. I don't remember the specifics, but it was something I messed with when modding the game last year.
I remember a lengthy thread on a different site devoted to Madden 2008 PC modding that was looking into a "homefield advantage" effect that might've been built into places like Miami. Don't remember the conclusion of it, been a few years.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Old 07-29-2019, 06:59 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
If they don't fix the wind effect on the kicking game a weather report would be perfect to cancel out of the game and retry until you get calm winds. I thought a while ago too like underdog mentioned that temperature played a role in fatigue but wasn't sure if they carried into the recent games. At this point I'd be more concerned they'd break something if they made it have an effect, but getting a weather report or weather bug report would be nice.
Old 07-29-2019, 07:15 PM   #20
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JE11
It's not even close. The defense was superb during the beta. Both for user and AI. The defense is entirely broken in the current version of the game. Both for user and especially the AI.

It's a garbage game as it stands. Easily the worst in the last 5 years or so.

Hopefully they fix it soon.

Weird. On all pro sim, default sliders, 10 min quarters with no runoff, I held the Patriots to only 3 points in the 2nd half of the game I played last night. User D could be tightened up a little on default, yes, but nearly shutting out the Patriots for 2 quarters tells me that D is not broken at all.

As for the OP, a weather report would be cool. It's not worth banging the drum for me personally, but I can see why some would put it high on a list for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Born in '82, 49er Faithful since 1986!
Old 07-29-2019, 08:21 PM   #21
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealsmallville
Weird. On all pro sim, default sliders, 10 min quarters with no runoff, I held the Patriots to only 3 points in the 2nd half of the game I played last night. User D could be tightened up a little on default, yes, but nearly shutting out the Patriots for 2 quarters tells me that D is not broken at all.

As for the OP, a weather report would be cool. It's not worth banging the drum for me personally, but I can see why some would put it high on a list for sure.

It's the AI's defense that is broken. I can easily shut teams down. But I'm putting up 24+ points and over 250 yards in 24 minute games regularly. Now imagine what those numbers would be in a full 60 minute game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2019, 09:08 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by JE11
It's the AI's defense that is broken. I can easily shut teams down. But I'm putting up 24+ points and over 250 yards in 24 minute games regularly. Now imagine what those numbers would be in a full 60 minute game.

That means you're not playing with the right difficulty is all that means. Or you're using exploits. Or both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-29-2019, 09:15 PM   #23
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
That means you're not playing with the right difficulty is all that means. Or you're using exploits. Or both.

All-Pro, with sliders adjusted to greatly aid the CPU. Tried All-Madden, and in some ways it's more difficult, but I can still destroy the CPU's defense with slants whenever I need.

Plenty of videos out there of the broken defense. It's a widespread issue.
Old 07-29-2019, 09:29 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealsmallville

I can respect that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »