Home

Brutal Review by Chris Jarrad: "Save your money for anything else"

This is a discussion on Brutal Review by Chris Jarrad: "Save your money for anything else" within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2019, 11:56 AM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Brutal Review by Chris Jarrad: "Save your money for anything else"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Fair enough but have you seen the run pass ratios these days? Teams are going empty and throwing it on 3rd and less than 3 all the time now.

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports
It’s not 1984 football anymore
Old 07-31-2019, 11:59 AM   #50
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

I honestly don't think madden 20 is as bad as some of its detractors are making it out to be. I also don't think madden 20 is as great as some of the people here at OS are claiming it to be. I logged three separate trials of 10 hours this weekend, and have had the full version since Monday morning so I have a lot of time with this game thus far.

If I was reviewing it fairly I would give it a 7/10. But you know what? Who cares if the game is not "great" because I am having a blast playing it. That's all that matters. For $60 I have a game that I will get at least a month and half to two months of enjoyment out of. Shoot, $60 is cheaper than any of my monthly bills. People just need to relax. If you don't feel like you will get $60 worth of enjoyment out of it than don't buy it. Pretty simple. Madden is what it is at this point. You either accept it and move on or you don't. I find reviews like the one in the OP to be super disingenuous and agenda driven. Not to mention a complete waste of time. The machine that is madden is a license to print money for EA and that machine isn't stopping for clown name chris jarrad so why even waste your breath lol
Old 07-31-2019, 12:00 PM   #51
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by openureyez
I think many people genuinely enjoy the game, but it’s just not for me. I want to be able to do normal football **** like run the ball from I form on 3rd and 2. Not pass the ball 95% of the time. Punt on 4th down. I think it’s me not EA at this point.
The NFL's changing, you still have a few teams that run a more traditional run heavy scheme but a lot of teams are starting to spread the field more. Also if you look at the metrics a lot more teams are going for it on 4th down.

To be honest though if you really want to just run some old school smash mouth football with a power run scheme it actually seems like it might be fun on 20 with how responsive the controls are this year.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2019, 12:12 PM   #52
Rookie

Dblock1111's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therebelyell626
I honestly don't think madden 20 is as bad as some of its detractors are making it out to be. I also don't think madden 20 is as great as some of the people here at OS are claiming it to be. I logged three separate trials of 10 hours this weekend, and have had the full version since Monday morning so I have a lot of time with this game thus far.

If I was reviewing it fairly I would give it a 7/10. But you know what? Who cares if the game is not "great" because I am having a blast playing it. That's all that matters. For $60 I have a game that I will get at least a month and half to two months of enjoyment out of. Shoot, $60 is cheaper than any of my monthly bills. People just need to relax. If you don't feel like you will get $60 worth of enjoyment out of it than don't buy it. Pretty simple. Madden is what it is at this point. You either accept it and move on or you don't. I find reviews like the one in the OP to be super disingenuous and agenda driven. Not to mention a complete waste of time. The machine that is madden is a license to print money for EA and that machine isn't stopping for clown name chris jarrad so why even waste your breath lol
This is what sucks the most to me. I would have this exact same mindset IF we had multiple games that could be "Not Great, but Fun" in different ways. But with madden being the only option its like if you don't find this one fun, you're SOL, better go back and play the last football game you did enjoy, which at this point could be 10-15 years old and is becoming exceedingly more difficult to play for a variety of reasons.. smh

Just miss having options...
Old 07-31-2019, 12:32 PM   #53
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

I would give the game a 5/10. The animations are pretty brutal. The AI which has always been bad feels like it's worse.

- Good QB's like Rodgers, Brady, etc. will sit in the pocket and not throw away the ball under pressure, they just backstep a few times, then take sacks.

- I'm beating a team 40-7 and they have 3 timeouts left with the clock at :25 seconds till the end of the game. The team getting destroyed actually takes all 3 of their timeouts with 25 seconds left and they're getting blown out.

- The screen passes are a legacy issue. When the QB throws the ball, the receiver catches it but he's in this weird animation and actually runs back a few steps toward their own goalline, before turning (which takes a couple seconds cause of the poor animations), and starting to run forward. By that time, the defender is right there and we take a loss of yards.

There are tons of other issues, but I feel like the game is worse than 19.
Old 07-31-2019, 12:35 PM   #54
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by openureyez
I think many people genuinely enjoy the game, but it’s just not for me. I want to be able to do normal football **** like run the ball from I form on 3rd and 2. Not pass the ball 95% of the time. Punt on 4th down. I think it’s me not EA at this point.
Very few teams in the real NFL make use of 2 RB formations, even on third and short.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/st...onnel-analysis

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/st...ber-backs-2018

You have very outdated ideas about what constitutes "real" football.
Old 07-31-2019, 12:38 PM   #55
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by testorz
I agree with this review 100%. EA only brought the exclusive NFL license just to ensure they would be the only ones making an NFL licensed game and by doing that they eliminated the competition and decided to rehash the same old game every year for $60.00

Where did they bring it?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Born in '82, 49er Faithful since 1986!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2019, 12:47 PM   #56
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
I would give the game a 5/10. The animations are pretty brutal. The AI which has always been bad feels like it's worse.

- Good QB's like Rodgers, Brady, etc. will sit in the pocket and not throw away the ball under pressure, they just backstep a few times, then take sacks.

- I'm beating a team 40-7 and they have 3 timeouts left with the clock at :25 seconds till the end of the game. The team getting destroyed actually takes all 3 of their timeouts with 25 seconds left and they're getting blown out.

- The screen passes are a legacy issue. When the QB throws the ball, the receiver catches it but he's in this weird animation and actually runs back a few steps toward their own goalline, before turning (which takes a couple seconds cause of the poor animations), and starting to run forward. By that time, the defender is right there and we take a loss of yards.

There are tons of other issues, but I feel like the game is worse than 19.
Not disagreeing with your with your opinion ES, but Arod isn't a QB that will throw the ball away, he has a history of waiting too long and giving up the sack, but I get your sentiment.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »