Home

Is Madden 20 the best Madden ever ?

This is a discussion on Is Madden 20 the best Madden ever ? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2019, 11:38 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Is Madden 20 the best Madden ever ?

Through my eyes, it has a chance to be if CPU clock management, coverage issues still present, LB pass reactions, (without going back to the holy-leaping-linebacker days), CPU handling of the no huddle and the annoying camera-pausing upon making pre-snap adjustments are remedied.

Overall smoothness of gameplay, pass touch and trajectories and vastly improved game plan play call set up capabilities are all welcome additions. Although I am in the minority, I do miss the feel of the user RPM one-cut that was present in Madden 19. I do not miss the ghost tackles....
Old 08-29-2019, 12:26 PM   #10
MVP

It's a decent game although I feel myself getting bored before the NFL season even starts. Did start playing early this year though. Off the field is so mundane. When i compare madden to past madens i have to consider what the technology of the time allowed. There are the mid ought maddens that i would put at an 8 or 9 out of 10 for what they were doing with the technology available. I would now put them at a 3 in that regard even though they do many things better than those games. Madden went full arcade this year giving players super powers and a lot of people like that which is fine and rate it high as a result. To me it is an average Madden.
Old 08-29-2019, 12:43 PM   #11
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

I don't really like to give an assessment until all the patches are done because these can really be the determining factor.Thete are still important issues as noted.

I like 16 because all the penalties worked,sliders worked well and cpu AI and play calling and importantly late game management were very good.Of course a lot of small improvements were made to CFM in the last 4 years to make it suffer in that regard.

20 still has a good chance though I believe.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2019, 01:00 PM   #12
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr18
I don't really like to give an assessment until all the patches are done because these can really be the determining factor.Thete are still important issues as noted.

I like 16 because all the penalties worked,sliders worked well and cpu AI and play calling and importantly late game management were very good.Of course a lot of small improvements were made to CFM in the last 4 years to make it suffer in that regard.

20 still has a good chance though I believe.
Agree gr18.

For me 16 and 20 are clearly in the top 3 for me of all time in the Madden series. I can still pop in 16 and play it today. That is pretty telling of how good that game still is.

20 is the best gameplay overall and the biggest game changer is the player differentiation/X Factor/Superstar abilities and the ratings spread. really a massive improvement to the entire ebb and flow and strategic aspect of playing football.

Finally.

First console football game IMO to finally get this going.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 08-29-2019, 10:59 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Just like comparing athletes across eras it is hard to compare games across console generations.

Madden 05’s gameplay cannot touch Madden 20, but for the hardware of its day 05 was truly outstanding.

For it’s time 05 was better than 20. But comparing the two independent of when they were released 20 is far superior gameplay wise
Old 08-29-2019, 11:32 PM   #14
Rookie

Without a doubt
Old 08-30-2019, 03:07 AM   #15
MVP

tru11's Arena

Madden 05 was better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2019, 03:46 AM   #16
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

I quit buying Madden several yrs back, due to how bad the game had gotten, and the lack of effort by EA. But I decided to get it this yr, and Im enjoying it. The CPU end of half and end of Game clock management is the only thing that is frustrating, and them doing nothing to fix it.

Yeah, Franchise mode could be deeper, especially for someone like me who only plays offline Franchise. As I could care less about playing online or that myCareer stuff in this game or any other sports game. But Madden 20 is the best its been in a very long time. It being several yrs since I had bought it, its hard for me to remember back to when I bought this game every yr. I miss being able to set the prices of tickets, and stuff, but had heard it had to be taken out due to breaking some other aspects of the game, now whether thats true, who knows, they may very well just be saying that, as you cant trust any of these game makers now days regardless whether its EA, NBA2k or MLBTS. But if it was breaking other aspects of the game, then Im glad it was taken out.

I do know some people are going to complain regardless, its that way with any sports game, so I dont pay much attention to all the whiners, who complain yr after yr, but yet buy the game on day1 yr after yr. All in all Madden 20 is pretty darn good. Im happy I bought it, as long as they dont break it with a million patches trying due to those online whiners, which happens with NBA2k too each yr too, they will have me back as a yearly customer.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »