Home

Is Madden 20 the best Madden ever ?

This is a discussion on Is Madden 20 the best Madden ever ? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2019, 06:08 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Is Madden 20 the best Madden ever ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Just like comparing athletes across eras it is hard to compare games across console generations.

Madden 05’s gameplay cannot touch Madden 20, but for the hardware of its day 05 was truly outstanding.

For it’s time 05 was better than 20. But comparing the two independent of when they were released 20 is far superior gameplay wise

My take as well. Like, yeah, compared to Madden ‘93 (my first Madden) it’s mind-blowing. But that’s not really what I’m comparing it to. I’m comparing it to where it “should” be relative to other games and the current tech, and as such, I dunno, it’s like a 7/10 or whatever, same as most maddens the past five or ten years.
Old 08-30-2019, 07:23 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 1

I’d have to say no. M20 might be the best of this generation but that really isn’t saying much. The standard has become quite low for football gaming in my opinion. For their time I feel 05, 06, 07 (ps2/Xbox) were better overall and seemed more innovative, deep and tried harder to emulate and immerse us into the NFL league. I feel they were being outdone by 2k on this front but there was more effort from Tiburon it seemed. Back in the earlier 2000’s Madden was building up their game each year and once we got to 05 it was really hitting its stride, but lacked a little bit on the graphics. Since the switch to the ps3/360 generation things seemed to flip as graphics drastically improved and the depth of the game faded away.

I think m21 and m22 have the potential to be awesome if they continue to build on what they have already in the game. It’s unfortunate the game is becoming more arcadish in style but I can overlook that if other aspects of the game really pick up. Their track record is horrible the last decade but because I’m such an NFL nerd and love team building/strategy I can’t let go.
Old 08-30-2019, 07:36 PM   #35

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

It’s a no for me as it simply does not have the feature set. We’ve had more complete installments from this series in the past.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2019, 07:44 PM   #36
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redsfan112
Anyone else feel offense is way to easy on all madden? I score easily almost every time. Also HB tosses cant be stop. Running in general is way to easy on all madden
When I was the Rams yes. Now that I use the Colts no. Lol
Old 08-30-2019, 10:07 PM   #37
Rookie

IMO Madden 20 is the best since 08
Old 08-31-2019, 03:18 AM   #38
MVP

coachmac75's Arena

Some very good points made.

Like any sports games it all comes down to sliders.
And madden wise as i said i exclusively play online league and nothing else.
So practice mode and user vs user games and that is all.

There are weakness LB middle of the field coverage for instance, now to be fair most LB in this game have low 60 ZCV and except if you have jags roster that is something to consider when you judge the outcome .

League user v user that problem partially disappear (because of mlb usering improving underneath and middle of the field coverage) and you can have real defensive battles (again with right sliders).

My only big frustration is with the fact they removed huddle, and the removal of some useful information for online sim lg (hot routes and previous play log) for me are the only big disappointment of this year version.

"Sad to say but trades in madden leagues come down to who can take the most advantage of the dumbest users" Jack Wallace
Old 08-31-2019, 03:08 PM   #39
MVP

Best ever? There’s no way it’s even Top 5. It’s not even football anymore. It’s a complete arcade fest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-01-2019, 11:03 AM   #40
Rookie

Giants4Life's Arena

I put in some playing time with this game yesterday and man....
Everything about this game is the lowest common denominator. All the modes other then MUT are the bare- bones minimum to be called a mode.

Especially, the new stuff of the past few years FoF, scenario engine, import a draft class, scouting, the draft, now player progression, contracts, heck even practice squads ... it’s MVP minimum viable product. It’s all out in like it took a day to develop. I can’t name a thing that they put into this game that is out is built out to be a fully flushed out mode lyu

This game is such a disappointment year after year. The best maddens were years ago. All this has to it is better graphics which is table stakes for modern games.

I’m Probably going back to 19 as 20 is almost unplayable in franchise mode right now with all the bugs

Get this exclusive license of EA for crying out loud!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »