Home

Are there any M16 players still out there?

This is a discussion on Are there any M16 players still out there? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-30-2019, 04:58 PM   #33
Pro

OVR: 1
Re: Are there any M16 players still out there?

For the hell of it, I went back to M17 and played a few games to only remind myself how AP default is not tuned well. No CPU running game at all and too many INTs. Overall, mostly defense and boring.

Will try M19 again. M18 I remember not liking at all...way too easy on AP...so doubt I will try that one again, but maybe if I ever find time to kill. I know deep down inside I'm just going to go back to playing M16 and letting go of its flaws and just have fun. Life is too short, lol.
Old 12-31-2019, 12:02 AM   #34
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by picker19
For the hell of it, I went back to M17 and played a few games to only remind myself how AP default is not tuned well. No CPU running game at all and too many INTs. Overall, mostly defense and boring.

Will try M19 again. M18 I remember not liking at all...way too easy on AP...so doubt I will try that one again, but maybe if I ever find time to kill. I know deep down inside I'm just going to go back to playing M16 and letting go of its flaws and just have fun. Life is too short, lol.
You were playing OOTB? patches killed the running game because people complained CPU ran too well. May be you are getting used to Madden 20 which is more offensive oriented. I don't have any issues with Picks. If i have to say what is the ugly for Madden 2017 OOTB version i would say Stretch runs. Those can be a little OP. so i don't call them unless the strategy tell me to. I don't call by my by the way.
Old 12-31-2019, 12:40 AM   #35
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReal Milticket
I've posted a few pages back that I went back to 19 over 20 when I feel the need for a football fix. To bad the graphics/color palette in 19 is pretty bad to 20. Not sure what they were trying to do in 19 in the graphics department, but it's like night & day. I have to really tweak my 2080TI graphics card.
I might be misremembering, but I'm pretty sure Dustin/EquipmentGuru/Kane once mentioned that M19's color palette was an intentional, art direction choice. Same with the oversized shoulder pads on all players.
MLS: San Jose Earthquakes
EPL: Brentford FC

RIP San Francisco Deltas | 2017 NASL Champions
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2019, 01:19 PM   #36
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Are there any M16 players still out there?

Playing Madden 16 reminded me just how awful the player introductions are now compared to 16 when it had the CBS like authentic player intros.

Such cartoon crap now.

Sticks out like a sore thumb.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 12-31-2019, 01:33 PM   #37
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Playing Madden 16 reminded me just how awful the player introductions are now compared to 16 when it had the CBS like authentic player intros.

Such cartoon crap now.

Agree 100%. I wish they kept the realistic face pics on generated players. Yes, they kept using the same ones over and over again, but it added some realism and made the authentic player intros possible.
Old 12-31-2019, 01:47 PM   #38
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword

Such cartoon crap now.

No doubt. Jim Nantz & Phil Sims got old quick, but it actually felt like a realistic broadcast. Now there doing rock, paper, scissors in the player intros. I mean why....just why......

Gaudin & Davis are pretty good, but I'm hoping for a new crew by Madden 22.

Playing:

Last edited by Darth Aegis; 12-31-2019 at 01:53 PM.
Old 12-31-2019, 01:51 PM   #39
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
You were playing OOTB? patches killed the running game because people complained CPU ran too well. May be you are getting used to Madden 20 which is more offensive oriented. I don't have any issues with Picks. If i have to say what is the ugly for Madden 2017 OOTB version i would say Stretch runs. Those can be a little OP. so i don't call them unless the strategy tell me to. I don't call by my by the way.
No M17 patched. M17 OOTB for sure had a way better running game...too good, in fact, per the issues with stretches and tosses being OP. But still, it made for way more challenging game against the CPU. That plus they still had M16's way better fatigue system and the home/visitor game impact from M16 was still in there, making it harder to win on the road, which I liked. My issue with M17 OOTB is simply the bugs and poor defensive tuning...1/2 the sacks and fumbles not accounted for, way too few fumbles, difficulty getting INTs. If OOTB had been tuned better on defense, I'd still be playing it today.
Old 12-31-2019, 01:55 PM   #40
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReal Milticket
No doubt. Jim Nantz & Phil Sims got old quick, but it actually felt like a realistic broadcast. Now there doing rock, paper, scissors. I mean why....just why......

Gaudin & Davis are pretty good, but I'm hoping for a new crew by Madden 22.
Without a doubt Nantz and Sims gets old real quick, but for some reason, they don't bother me. It's just in the background and I don't pay attention to it, maybe because it feels natural, despite it's lack of variety. However, Gaudin and Davis irk me somehow...well, mostly Davis. I love the variety they have now in the lines, but it's just their voices (again, mostly Davis) that irritates me in a way that Nantz and Sims did not. Again, just personal opinion/preference. I agree, I hope they try out a new team soon.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »