Home

Should we be ok with broken man coverage going into next Gen???

This is a discussion on Should we be ok with broken man coverage going into next Gen??? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-11-2020, 08:08 PM   #1
MVP

simbayless's Arena

OVR: 2
Should we be ok with broken man coverage going into next Gen???

I don't get it why do they (EA) always get a pass every year when we question the broken man coverage.Think about it we are asking for better coverage in 2020 basic flaw they choose to ignore.All pro 2k8 makes thus game like the little engine that could.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2020, 12:14 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Should we be ok with broken man coverage going into next Gen???

Quote:
Originally Posted by simbayless
I don't get it why do they (EA) always get a pass every year when we question the broken man coverage.Think about it we are asking for better coverage in 2020 basic flaw they choose to ignore.All pro 2k8 makes thus game like the little engine that could.
I buy the game because I like it. If you buy the game despite not liking it, you are 100% of your problem.
Old 01-12-2020, 12:19 AM   #3
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

This Madden is the best man coverage has been in years tho.

Commissioner
After Work Football League
(Xbox Series S/X)
AWFL Discord
AWFL Daddyleagues
Old 01-12-2020, 12:28 AM   #4
Pro

Devaster's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aestis

Good to hear. Can you play man double on a particular receiver? That defensive play used to be in playbooks years ago. I think the only way you can do it now is manually editing a zone route to cover a receiver.
Old 01-12-2020, 01:25 AM   #5
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devaster
Good to hear. Can you play man double on a particular receiver? That defensive play used to be in playbooks years ago. I think the only way you can do it now is manually editing a zone route to cover a receiver.
It was broken several years ago, if you choose double WR with #1 CB, it just didn't line up properly.

You are allowed to spotlight a WR and this will typically draw a safety over the top.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2020, 05:38 AM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aestis

The amount of times I’ve seen a DB turn the complete wrong direction or let a WR cut directly across his face would suggest that man coverage is far from acceptable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-12-2020, 11:38 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 19

The term “broken” is in the same boat as Realism.
It’s based off of the End Users perspective and what the game does/provides for them.

Specifically to this topic, the issue is “Balance” which to me can be thrown in the same boat as well because there’s millions of perspectives of what “Balance” would be when playing the game.

Balance can be viewed from...
- Difficultly/Challenge level
- Animation fluidity/context
- Win/Loss %’s of outcome
- Fun Factor

If you go to any Sports game forum, you’ll see that “all” Sports games has its issues dealing with the Balance of above, especially from the hard core players of that title.

I remember years ago Madden’s “Balance” state for defensive coverage had terms like “Psych” applied to it. lol

The “wonkiness” we may see in a Sports game is developers trying to apply “Variability” to the Balance aspects above.

That’s just the nature of dealing with “millions” of code line (along with the animation/audio banks and online functionality) that make these games function as we’re playing them.
Touch one aspect/area and unintentionally/indirectly cause an issue/hiccup in another.

This is Balancing, not so much broken.
Old 01-12-2020, 12:15 PM   #8
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
The term “broken” is in the same boat as Realism.
It’s based off of the End Users perspective and what the game does/provides for them.

Specifically to this topic, the issue is “Balance” which to me can be thrown in the same boat as well because there’s millions of perspectives of what “Balance” would be when playing the game.

Balance can be viewed from...
- Difficultly/Challenge level
- Animation fluidity/context
- Win/Loss %’s of outcome
- Fun Factor

If you go to any Sports game forum, you’ll see that “all” Sports games has its issues dealing with the Balance of above, especially from the hard core players of that title.

I remember years ago Madden’s “Balance” state for defensive coverage had terms like “Psych” applied to it. lol

The “wonkiness” we may see in a Sports game is developers trying to apply “Variability” to the Balance aspects above.

That’s just the nature of dealing with “millions” of code line (along with the animation/audio banks and online functionality) that make these games function as we’re playing them.
Touch one aspect/area and unintentionally/indirectly cause an issue/hiccup in another.

This is Balancing, not so much broken.
Bingo, nobody takes those factors above when trying to point out someone is wrong. They maybe getting different results entirely based on those balancing factors. A simple YMMV would do. lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »