Home

"There's Loads of Madden 21 News Soon ... But Here's The Best Part"

This is a discussion on "There's Loads of Madden 21 News Soon ... But Here's The Best Part" within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-11-2020, 11:42 AM   #25
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: "There's Loads of Madden 21 News Soon ... But Here's The Best Part"

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
I agree
All these bandaid fixes are nothing when the core gameplay needs to rebuilt from ground up. When there is an exploited play/sequence, Madden usually essentially eliminates it. I didn't play Madden 20 much, but I know stretch runs were a big issue. So you know Madden 21 will almost nullify stretch runs.
I don't like the forced focus on the Frostbite Engine. When EA forced their games to all to use Frostbite, I knew it was a bad idea. It was built for Battlefront. Instead of fixing gameplay, they just added RPM and abilities on top of poor foundation. Instead of working on Franchise, they develop Longshot and FoTF to show off the Frostbite engine. I think they are continuing on with Frostbite heading into next gen.
Hopefully they do take a step back and fix gameplay engine.

I was thinking the same thing with the Frostbite engine, it's a first person shooter engine, not a sports engine.

I feel the Longshot project was to lure new children to spend their allowance or minimum wage on the game. For the key madden players it took away from the core issues within the game that needed to be addressed without the use of duct tape and a hammer.

IF EA wants a Longshot, at least make it more of a sand box high school to college to NFL experience.

Last edited by 4thQtrStre5S; 05-11-2020 at 11:46 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2020, 07:40 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
I was thinking the same thing with the Frostbite engine, it's a first person shooter engine, not a sports engine.

I feel the Longshot project was to lure new children to spend their allowance or minimum wage on the game. For the key madden players it took away from the core issues within the game that needed to be addressed without the use of duct tape and a hammer.

IF EA wants a Longshot, at least make it more of a sand box high school to college to NFL experience.
Yeah it was crazy that they forced all their games to have it besides Live(which shows how they prioritize that game) . I get the whole sharing tech and if you fix frostbite issues with one game makes it easier for others. Hopefully they build new engine for next gen.
I'm a big career mode player. I have bought 2k for MyCareer since I liked their career mode and not a hardcore Bball fan. But I would never buy Madden for what Longshot was. I get wanting to show off Frostbite, but having a 3 hour interactive movie with little gameplay and no replay ability. I played the Longshot once in 18 and skipped 19 and FoTF.

I don't want these career modes that are short interactive movies or linear cheesy story lines. Just give the PS2 era Superstar mode with interactive cut scenes that portrays normal athlete experiences.
Old 05-12-2020, 03:27 AM   #27
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S

Also, I have never talked to a football coach that recommended to his players to leave their feet to make a catch. EA/TIB, stop having receivers jumping for every ball. This is a ridiculous animation that serves no purpose in football, except to get a player's ribs broken. It is also a poor method of creating incomplete passes, with the WR/HB/TE jumping into a hit just to have the ball knocked out.

Also - The swat/tip passes for INTs...This is a very weak and trashy way to force INTs. Stop the gimmicks! Looks like a bunch of volleyball players setting up shots on defense.

As a football coach I agree 😁
Old 05-12-2020, 07:13 AM   #28
Rookie

Madden can't even get things right that were in the game in previous console generations. Many of the abundant flaws with Madden have nothing to do with the tech in the console, and everything to do with greed, ineptitude, and laziness.

What part of the console hardware stopped them from including 5th year options for rookie contracts for years and years, for example? Much of Madden is poorly thought out and even more poorly executed. New tech isn't going to change that.
Old 05-12-2020, 09:07 AM   #29
Rookie

I really hope that the only reason the said "the best part" is because of NDA and clickbait.

Look we will know way more in 30 days than we do now. I think the fact it is coming to Switch is a positive step.

As for Franchise, over the last few years so many suggestions have poured into EA and been met with "yeah, uh, that's something we want to look at for future titles." A new console generation should not be the problem here. Personally, I would ditch FOTF and Superstar KO and keep the Franchise as Owner/Coach/Player but have the player mode the FOTF instalment. For all the faults 2K have with VC, their modes are VASTLY better.
Old 05-12-2020, 08:05 PM   #30
MVP

Madwolf's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagaspo
Madden can't even get things right that were in the game in previous console generations. Many of the abundant flaws with Madden have nothing to do with the tech in the console, and everything to do with greed, ineptitude, and laziness.

What part of the console hardware stopped them from including 5th year options for rookie contracts for years and years, for example? Much of Madden is poorly thought out and even more poorly executed. New tech isn't going to change that.
See I think it's worse than that. I don't think the devs are lazy, I believe that the real issue is the suits at the top of the food chain decide what to invest resources in, and all they know is 5th year options in Franchise don't make them dollars bills on the spreadsheets.

How else do you explain losing lead devs over crap like QB1 or whatever it was 2 years ago they wasted 2 years of resources on?

Would any rational sports dev waste time on adding Battle Royal to a NHL game like they did last year?

The devs aren't the problem. It's the pinheads that are looking at the spreadsheets.
Old 05-12-2020, 09:52 PM   #31
MVP

BlackBetty15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madwolf
See I think it's worse than that. I don't think the devs are lazy, I believe that the real issue is the suits at the top of the food chain decide what to invest resources in, and all they know is 5th year options in Franchise don't make them dollars bills on the spreadsheets.

How else do you explain losing lead devs over crap like QB1 or whatever it was 2 years ago they wasted 2 years of resources on?

Would any rational sports dev waste time on adding Battle Royal to a NHL game like they did last year?

The devs aren't the problem. It's the pinheads that are looking at the spreadsheets.
I would also chalk a good portion of our frustrations to the EA BoD and Higher management. They continuously find ways to get rid of “free thinkers” like Ian Cummings and replace them with Corp “Yes man” Managers of Madden. We have literally zero interaction or news from developers and management, they prioritize weak advertisement teams that have zero idea the full gambit of games they show off. After all the amount of advertisement EA pays for and pays their marketing staff, why would they let their product do the talking initially and then fluff up the game with marketing as release nears. It’s a Corp issue and EA isn’t the only ones that blow this so it’s somewhat standard.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2020, 05:30 PM   #32
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

If Madden isn't changing engines then there is no hope. Unreal Engine 5 looks awesome. EA has yet to compete with Unreal's quality

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »