Home

Sim Play and Franchise fans. It is time to make a stand

This is a discussion on Sim Play and Franchise fans. It is time to make a stand within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2020, 02:49 PM   #33
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Sim Play and Franchise fans. It is time to make a stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphinx
Unless I missed it, did they even announce anything for franchise yet? I'm not expecting much but shouldn't we wait for a blog about it before determining the game is trash?

Sent from my HD1925 using Operation Sports mobile app
Nah, because its a pattern. Year in and year out this is what we see:
1. Initial info is released. No news on franchise, but new feature "x" is revealed/hyped
2. People are bummed, but some comment that we should wait, maybe they are saving big franchise news for later
3. Big franchise news never comes
4. In the end new feature "x" turns out to be the biggest addition to the game

They don't save big reveals for later. What is revealed first has always told us the focus of the game.
Old 06-16-2020, 02:54 PM   #34
Pro

Devaster's Arena

OVR: 0

I already skip every 2-3 years for a new purchase of Madden. I'd have to see some incredible updates from watching other people play on youtube/twitch before I invest in Madden 21 after purchasing Madden 20. There just isn't enough new content for franchise mode to warrant buying Madden every year. The only significant new content every year are that year's class of rookies. But usually there aren't significant changes to franchise mode itself year-on-year.

And none of the Eagles or other rookies excite me, so that won't get me to buy Madden 21. Would really have to be some incredible updates to franchise. Otherwise I am perfectly content playing Madden 20.
Old 06-16-2020, 03:09 PM   #35
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
Good point. Just look at what Marcus Rashford achieved in the last few days with social media.

Sadly, there's too many MUT kids on social media talking about how they already pre-ordered to get these packs. Franchise players are always drowned out by the MUT crowd and their seemingly bottomless wallets.
The whole infinite loop of buying packs year after year after year, doesn't that ever get old? And expensive? Maybe it's just me...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2020, 03:11 PM   #36
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Last time I bought madden new was madden 12. Last time I bought madden used was 18. Didn’t even play a single down of 19 or 20. All I had to do was read the madden bowl was won without throwing a pass to know I made the right decision.

Don’t wait for some official boycott. If you don’t like madden, don’t waste your time.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 06-16-2020, 03:13 PM   #37
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Nah, because its a pattern. Year in and year out this is what we see:
1. Initial info is released. No news on franchise, but new feature "x" is revealed/hyped
2. People are bummed, but some comment that we should wait, maybe they are saving big franchise news for later
3. Big franchise news never comes
4. In the end new feature "x" turns out to be the biggest addition to the game

They don't save big reveals for later. What is revealed first has always told us the focus of the game.
Thank u. Same routine every year lol
Old 06-16-2020, 03:13 PM   #38
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerDodger
The whole infinite loop of buying packs year after year after year, doesn't that ever get old? And expensive? Maybe it's just me...
Its popularity astounds me. Like I get it, I really do. But the fact that every 12 months you have to start from scratch and people just accept that is what is crazy.

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Old 06-16-2020, 03:18 PM   #39
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeDunkz
Its popularity astounds me. Like I get it, I really do. But the fact that every 12 months you have to start from scratch and people just accept that is what is crazy.
Obviously we're not spending money, but I do roughly the same thing with my Franchises multiple times a year. Starting from scratch, playing the same games, winning countless playoff games and super bowls, drafting and resigning players, etc...

Whether it's MUT of CFM, people love building teams. That's why we keep coming back to it. I don't trash MUT players. It's not my thing, but that doesn't mean it's bad. I will never understand purchasing packs, but who am I to question how someone else spends their money.

At the end of the day I think what we really want is for Franchise to get equal attention. MUT isn't the enemy of Franchise. It's generating income for the game, which improves gameplay, updates, graphics, etc. The hard thing is seeing MUT get updates all year long and franchise and modes like QB1 left with the same bugs that they had at release and not getting significant updates year over year.
Old 06-16-2020, 03:18 PM   #40
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphinx
Unless I missed it, did they even announce anything for franchise yet? I'm not expecting much but shouldn't we wait for a blog about it before determining the game is trash?
There was a blurb about Face of the Franchise - which runs on top of Franchise mode - but no there have been no details released about the traditional team-building Franchise mode itself to this point.

I'm in the same boat as you; I'm exclusively a franchise mode player and I'm pretty much unfazed by the high-level reveal today. I'll be waiting on a Franchise blog as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »