Home

Madden NFL 21 Video - New Pass-Rush Control, Ball Carrier Skill Stick, Open Field Tackling, Authenticity Improvements & More

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 21 Video - New Pass-Rush Control, Ball Carrier Skill Stick, Open Field Tackling, Authenticity Improvements & More within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-23-2020, 04:54 PM   #57
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Madden NFL 21 Video - New Pass-Rush Control, Ball Carrier Skill Stick, Open Field

Good video. Still need to see a few qtrs of some straight gameplay but I do like what was said in regard to contextual animations, ol/dl play and tackling.
Old 06-23-2020, 04:56 PM   #58
MVP

adriano's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Madden NFL 21 Video - New Pass-Rush Control, Ball Carrier Skill Stick, Open Field

My favorite part of the video was the the QB Release. Aaron Rodgers got the ball out
of his hand before he got smoked. A pet peeve of mine is when I attempt a pass,
the release is so long that I get sacked.

That roll out by Tua looked nice too. They seem to be aware of the running
game being too OP. They made sure the explain the open field tackling
was upgraded to counter the run game.

We'll see though.
Old 06-23-2020, 04:59 PM   #59
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
Yeah i can't imagine those have any purpose so i don't know why they're there. I think the whole thing could be sized down a little bit as well. It's taking up a lot of the screen. Visually it's very clean, but it could use some refinement.
Hopefully, it gets refined a bit before release (kind of like how Madden 13's was changed from unveil to launch). In addition to removing the arrows, I'd love to see some more font uniformity as well. I'd also appreciate the ability to turn off that "Savor The Moment" drop-down.
MLS: San Jose Earthquakes
EPL: Brentford FC

RIP San Francisco Deltas | 2017 NASL Champions

Last edited by ripcandlestickpark; 06-23-2020 at 05:15 PM.
Old 06-23-2020, 05:02 PM   #60
Rookie

the usual tweaks and improvements, I hope the receivers can actually catch the ball this time during a deep pass, rather than the QB overthrowing it or the defenders intercepting it.
Old 06-23-2020, 05:20 PM   #61
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Madden 21 Current Gen Gameplay Deep Dive

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Guys, 2007 was a long time ago.

If you all still want to talk about the 2K football video games, there's a whole forum for that now. I suggest you use it.

LOL so because 2007 was a long time ago their opinions are invalid? Seemed to me they were just counter arguing your counter argument.

It shouldn’t matter if it’s APF or NFL Gameday. They were making a point that Madden 21 absolutely looks and animates like a game they could have made in 2007.

But nah, let me take it to the 2K forum before I get banned for speaking bad about Madden.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2020, 05:21 PM   #62
Pro

I'm concerned about the pass rush control and ball carrier stick skills. EA has a history of poorly implementing features and I worry they will be overpowered and unrealistic like the x-factors/ss abilities.

A bit deflating to see "celebrate anywhere" as a gameplay bullet point. It would have been nice to see something regarding CPU AI, O-line play, offensive/defensive awareness, zone/man coverage, not being able to run the same play repeatedly, etc. Maybe all that is yet to come?

Personally, I hope there's a lot more coming, because with what's been released to date, it looks like a decent patch to me. Opinions will vary.
Old 06-23-2020, 05:23 PM   #63
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Re: Madden 21 Current Gen Gameplay Deep Dive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bankhead
As much as I love franchise mode I’ll say this, if the gameplay is on point and those warping and dumb AI issues are gone, maybe I’ll give this game a chance. Gameplay and AI logic is everything to me. The main gripe I have is, I’m still seeing too many instances of two man animations. I hope the physics they added are properly coded this and doesn’t require a patch to fix/nerf.
My position as well. I like that tackling has been addressed along with potential clean up of AI issues. I do hope OL sees some love in regards to threat pick up.
Old 06-23-2020, 05:29 PM   #64
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

I usually leave Clint alone these days, but I had to tweet at him about the Sherman breakdown tackle clip, where before the tackle happens another defender tries to pick off the pass despite being 5 yards behind the receiver.

This was fixed a few years ago, but it came back in 19 and 20. They have to fix that poor spacial awareness logic.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »