Home

Tony Bruno Interview W/Ryan Moody

This is a discussion on Tony Bruno Interview W/Ryan Moody within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-08-2020, 03:32 PM   #17
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Tony Bruno Interview W/Ryan Moody

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Actually, for EA, it might be more difficult than you realize.

Here is a short interview from just last year with someone that used to work on older FM. He said it was difficult to transition old stuff from FM to the new technology they put in the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWsb5pjh6Ic
Same thing Bruno said in that interview. Them dudes put in a lot of work. It may not be the work we want sometimes. But they work.
Old 07-08-2020, 03:40 PM   #18
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
Same thing Bruno said in that interview. Them dudes put in a lot of work. It may not be the work we want sometimes. But they work.
I've always said that our priorities are not always the priorities of the "suits."
Old 07-08-2020, 03:47 PM   #19
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Honestly, I hear what the Franchise guys are saying...I count myself among them. But, my question is how deep do we want it to be? I bought NFL Head Coach 09 about a month ago and sat down for the first time and played it the other day...and man it was a grind lol...and I'm talking the things you have to do BEFORE you even get on the field. I'm currently playing Madden 07 on OG Xbox in Franchise and even with the Tony Bruno Show, Gameplanning, Practice, Scouting etc...it's a relatively simple and easy process with not much time being spent on it. As much as I want a deep immersive Franchise mode, I just don't know if I have the time or energy to play let's say a Franchise where the GM aspect was as deep as NFL Head Coach 09 and then still having to play the game.
Tiburon has offered options to automate all the off-field work in franchise since Madden 18. I think the one exception is rookie scouting (someone correct me on that if I'm wrong).

To that end, I assume then any new features Tiburon might add in the future, they would also add levers to automate that work if you didn't want to do it.
Old 07-08-2020, 03:49 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
I've said it before, EA has plenty of talent. To get a job at EA you are generally going to be good at your job. The whole argument that the devs are lazy and are too busy throwing paper basketballs into the trashcan instead of fixing the issues is just silly. EA has talent, but talent can only do so much when suits want the game to be catered towards one crowd, or when they only get X amount of resources when they need Y amount, and so on. EA Sports titles suffer because of inefficient management throughout the chain, not because they are lazy workers.

― Plato
Old 07-08-2020, 03:55 PM   #21
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Tiburon has offered options to automate all the off-field work in franchise since Madden 18. I think the one exception is rookie scouting (someone correct me on that if I'm wrong).

To that end, I assume then any new features Tiburon might add in the future, they would also add levers to automate that work if you didn't want to do it.
It's not just about what you HAVE to do but also the clutter.

You can automate 95% of the items in MyLeague for 2k and yet you still have to deal with menu after menu. It's absolutely horrible to navigate and a total turn-off to anyone who just wants a fun franchise without the spreadsheets. It's like walking into the house of a Hoarder...good luck finding the stove if you want to cook.

If you can rectify that issue...maybe there is a chance....but I'm skeptical.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2020, 03:56 PM   #22
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

*Teyo Johnson interview intensifies*
Old 07-08-2020, 04:01 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I've said it before, EA has plenty of talent. To get a job at EA you are generally going to be good at your job. The whole argument that the devs are lazy and are too busy throwing paper basketballs into the trashcan instead of fixing the issues is just silly. EA has talent, but talent can only do so much when suits want the game to be catered towards one crowd, or when they only get X amount of resources when they need Y amount, and so on. EA Sports titles suffer because of inefficient management throughout the chain, not because they are lazy workers.
Hmm maybe your right but do u honestly believe the suits are telling them dont put small things such as stat tracking history in franchise mode? That seems kinda lazy to me i could be wrong tho
Old 07-08-2020, 04:06 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe

I’ve tried playing a season with automation, and it just exposes what a joke AI is when it comes to running a team. Shoehorning season mode into franchise has been a big fail. The AI is crap, and automating everything makes it maddening.

Early in last gen I gave up on franchise mode and went with season modes with trades and injuries off (because AI sucks) and just played out games in all sports games. But as those modes were dropped, I never found using franchise modes as worth the headache.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »