Home

How's Your Franchise Going: Madden 21 Edition

This is a discussion on How's Your Franchise Going: Madden 21 Edition within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-16-2020, 06:53 PM   #281
Rookie

Resurrection403's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How's Your Franchise Going: Madden 21 Edition

I'm in year 4 of my Vikings rebuild. I've carefully spent all my resources on developing one of the leagues best D, rated 87 , and right now im sitting here watching the Broncos 81 offense eviscerate my D. I have yet to find any slider setting or combination that resolves this. It seems that ratings don't matter when you are human letting your CPU play vs the CPU ai.

It's almost impossible to properly explain how I feel like I've wasted my time on this game, and this franchise specifically. If ratings don't matter, then why am I team building?

I want to throw this game in the garbage but since I go the digital edition, I have to settle for being furious.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2020, 04:15 PM   #282
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resurrection403
I'm in year 4 of my Vikings rebuild. I've carefully spent all my resources on developing one of the leagues best D, rated 87 , and right now im sitting here watching the Broncos 81 offense eviscerate my D. I have yet to find any slider setting or combination that resolves this. It seems that ratings don't matter when you are human letting your CPU play vs the CPU ai.

It's almost impossible to properly explain how I feel like I've wasted my time on this game, and this franchise specifically. If ratings don't matter, then why am I team building?

I want to throw this game in the garbage but since I go the digital edition, I have to settle for being furious.
Doesn't matter what overall your defense is its like real life any given Sunday make adjustments my defense is rated 88 got torched on offense by Derek carr his offense rated 81

Sent from my SM-G960U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 11-18-2020, 09:57 AM   #283
Rookie

spfhelmiii's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:

I have experienced a bit of the same, but a question - when you're letting your DEF play as CPU-controlled, are you letting the play run but just not doing anything with the players, or are you simming?

I have found that using a "Slow" SuperSim is a different experience than just watching the play in the normal playmode. You could give that a try and see if it works better for you.

But otherwise I feel you. It does seem very difficult to build a great but balanced defense - seems like you need to go all-in in one way or another (e.g., focus on DBs who are either really great at man OR zone and stick to that strength, rather than DBs who are good at both; and if you want a good passrush, really overload with talent there rather than just having a few good players).
Old 11-18-2020, 11:36 AM   #284
Rookie

spfhelmiii's Arena

It's about time I scratched the itch and contributed to this.

Took over my 49ers and simmed the 2020 season. We ended up at 6-10, with the 13th OVR pick in the Draft.

BIG changes were made in the offseason. Kwon and Dee Ford were traded away for late draft picks, and Juice (who wanted really good $$) and Sherman (who wanted a 1 yr. deal for $15MM!) walked away in FA to the Jets and Jags respectively. Resigned Trent Williams, Tartt, Moseley and Verrett.

In FA, Joe Haden was my key acquisition (trying to add more depth to my secondary). I kept on Jimmy as the sole QB heading into the Draft (making sure that M21 reflected the fact that, as IRL, the 49ers can really cut him in the next two offseasons without owing him anything).

Prior to the Draft, I did make a few big moves - sending mid- to late-round picks for Roger Saffold (to start at RG) and Nwosu (to start at EDGE in Nickel/Dime opposite Bosa).

And then the Draft was major - I basically SOLD THE FARM to move up to No. 2 OVR (trading with NYG) and took JUSTIN FIELDS. (Truth of the matter is that he fell to No. 13, but I felt that was unrealistic, so I traded to NYG enough picks for future years (2022/2023) that it simulated the Goff/Rams trade-up). Got a few other good prospects - Bolton, Asante Samuel Jr. and T. Terry later on.

Jimmy had an OK start to the year, keeping us in playoff contention for a time... but finally another multi-INT game in a big game against the Rams (1st in the NFC) was the final straw. Justin Fields took over the next game, and ripped off two wins before dropping a WEIRD game against the Falcons (we had a sizeable lead, but Atlanta scored, forced a fumble recovery TD on the ensuing kickoff, and then forced ANOTHER fumble recovery TD on the next kickoff).

We're at 7-6, holding the last WildCard spot (thanks to the patch for letting me see the playoff bracket - very cool) and heading into huge games against Seattle, Houston and Arizona.

Already looking forward to the next offseason - Jimmy will be traded or cut, and Nwosu and Warner already signed extensions. I don't have really any draft picks of significance, but I should have cap room - may try to nab a young FA CB or trade for one who is on the last year of a large contract (the CPU typically gives good deals on those).

But it's the Justin Fields show now, with a talented team around him. Should be fun moving forward.
Old 11-18-2020, 03:40 PM   #285
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by spfhelmiii
It's about time I scratched the itch and contributed to this.

Took over my 49ers and simmed the 2020 season. We ended up at 6-10, with the 13th OVR pick in the Draft.

BIG changes were made in the offseason. Kwon and Dee Ford were traded away for late draft picks, and Juice (who wanted really good $$) and Sherman (who wanted a 1 yr. deal for $15MM!) walked away in FA to the Jets and Jags respectively. Resigned Trent Williams, Tartt, Moseley and Verrett.

In FA, Joe Haden was my key acquisition (trying to add more depth to my secondary). I kept on Jimmy as the sole QB heading into the Draft (making sure that M21 reflected the fact that, as IRL, the 49ers can really cut him in the next two offseasons without owing him anything).

Prior to the Draft, I did make a few big moves - sending mid- to late-round picks for Roger Saffold (to start at RG) and Nwosu (to start at EDGE in Nickel/Dime opposite Bosa).

And then the Draft was major - I basically SOLD THE FARM to move up to No. 2 OVR (trading with NYG) and took JUSTIN FIELDS. (Truth of the matter is that he fell to No. 13, but I felt that was unrealistic, so I traded to NYG enough picks for future years (2022/2023) that it simulated the Goff/Rams trade-up). Got a few other good prospects - Bolton, Asante Samuel Jr. and T. Terry later on.

Jimmy had an OK start to the year, keeping us in playoff contention for a time... but finally another multi-INT game in a big game against the Rams (1st in the NFC) was the final straw. Justin Fields took over the next game, and ripped off two wins before dropping a WEIRD game against the Falcons (we had a sizeable lead, but Atlanta scored, forced a fumble recovery TD on the ensuing kickoff, and then forced ANOTHER fumble recovery TD on the next kickoff).

We're at 7-6, holding the last WildCard spot (thanks to the patch for letting me see the playoff bracket - very cool) and heading into huge games against Seattle, Houston and Arizona.

Already looking forward to the next offseason - Jimmy will be traded or cut, and Nwosu and Warner already signed extensions. I don't have really any draft picks of significance, but I should have cap room - may try to nab a young FA CB or trade for one who is on the last year of a large contract (the CPU typically gives good deals on those).

But it's the Justin Fields show now, with a talented team around him. Should be fun moving forward.
Niner fan here i did play SF went undefeated won the SB in my first year re-signed alot of guys Coleman Williams Sherman Juszczyk End of the season i didn't have cap space at all I had to start over again this time taking over Indy now in my 3rd season got Sherman Ford Buckner and Warner(signed him in FA)

Sent from my SM-G960U using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2020, 11:20 AM   #286
Pro

3-1 with the Aints.

Looking to win at least 10 and lock in a playoff place.
Old 11-19-2020, 02:21 PM   #287
Rookie

Resurrection403's Arena

so i finally was able to get a slider set to where it was hard but also my D was playing at the level it should. i still see the opposing qb take too many sacks, like 3 or 4 a game, and they're ******** sacks too, but nothing can be done about that. the passing completion % is usually mid 60s, and it results in good games.

year 4 of my franchise as Minnesota, and my happy surprise, the Super Bowl was in US Bank and not New Orleans. I dont know if that was a glitch, but it made winning the Super Bowl that much better. The game was mostly a dud, my Vikings were 86 O and 89 D, the Bengals were 83/83. The NFC title game was incredible, beat the Giants 87/85 by a 4th quarter drive with 2 3rd and 2 4th down conversions, and an interception to seal it.

So I'm not sure what to do now. I think I may adjust my house rules to make my team building harder; the Vikings I had went from 79/76 to 86/89 in 5 years and thats probably a little faster than I'd like. But it was a fun experience, and now that I have a slider set that is really good (i hope) well see what project I do next
Old 11-20-2020, 10:05 AM   #288
Rookie

spfhelmiii's Arena

Quote:

So I'm not sure what to do now. I think I may adjust my house rules to make my team building harder; the Vikings I had went from 79/76 to 86/89 in 5 years and thats probably a little faster than I'd like. But it was a fun experience, and now that I have a slider set that is really good (i hope) well see what project I do next
On this piece, I think part of the problem is contract levels - feels like a lot of actual superstars don't require the sizable contracts that see IRL. So maybe the answer for you is that, when it comes time to re-sign players, take a look at IRL NFL contracts and mirror those.

BOOF on my 49ers franchise. I had a crazy game with Seattle that I dropped - Justin Fields (me, obviously) threw 3 early INTs ... but the key was that I could NOT stop Seattle's rushing attack. They gashed me for 280 rushing yards (!) - mostly running out of 3 WR sets against my Nickel and Dime and breaking off repeated long runs.

Ended up losing in OT, 45-42 - after falling behind with those 3 INTs, it became a shoot-out. Fields threw 4 TDs, and we had the ball in OT ready to score... until Wagner smashed Mostert causing a fumble, and they kicked the winning OT.

7-7, heading into MUST WIN games against Arizona and Houston. Currently not on the playoff bracket.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »