Home

How's Your Franchise Going: Madden 21 Edition

This is a discussion on How's Your Franchise Going: Madden 21 Edition within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-04-2020, 07:52 PM   #313
Pro

Cory Levy's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How's Your Franchise Going: Madden 21 Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterattle11
Now that “next-gen” is out I’m thinking about starting a franchise! Bengals, Dolphins, Bears, and Broncos are the teams I’m trying to decide between. Which team should I go with?!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Depends on whether you want to already have your franchise QB installed (Bengals/Dolphins) or if you want to have to search for one (Bears/Broncos unless you are a Locke-r).

Personally, I'd vote for the Bengals. I always root for the teams that have never been more than fodder for the rest of the league plus Burrow is a great personality to build around.
Old 12-04-2020, 08:56 PM   #314
Pro

OVR: 8

Is franchise on next gen better or more improved than current gen? I've heard the franchise mode is basically the same as it was in Madden 20 so I haven't made the upgrade yet.
Old 12-05-2020, 11:17 AM   #315
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Levy
Depends on whether you want to already have your franchise QB installed (Bengals/Dolphins) or if you want to have to search for one (Bears/Broncos unless you are a Locke-r).

Personally, I'd vote for the Bengals. I always root for the teams that have never been more than fodder for the rest of the league plus Burrow is a great personality to build around.

I like the idea of playing with a young qb, I do like drew lock and would like to keep him if I play with Broncos. I played a few games with bengals in a franchise mode and realized that there aren’t any 2021 draft classes to download, I would typically use tfg’s draft class for the first year.... so that really sucks because I doubt he will put that kind of time in for a next gen draft class.... I think Miami would be the hardest team to play with out of the 4, so I’m thinking of going with them. Really bad oline and not so good dline either in the game.... young and a lot of draft picks.... cincy has good players on offense at skill positions so they are pretty easy to play with.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2020, 06:20 PM   #316
Pro

Las Vegas Raiders
Season 1 - Derek Carr had a roller coaster season and we failed to make the playoffs going 6-10. Jacobs had a decent year rushing for just over 1100 yards. Meanwhile Henry Ruggs III went nuts in year one with over 1100 yards receiving and 11 TD.

Season 2 - Derek Carr again was up and down, however we had a full healthy season from Tyrell Williams, and Bryan Edwards. Our offense was impactful but, Trent Brown struggled to stay on the field. Jacobs had another amazing season coming in second in the rushing yards category. Las Vegas got to the last week of the season, and lost in convincing fashion to LA Chargers. This loss pushed Las Vegas from 4th seed to couch potatoes.

Season 3 - We drafted a QB in the second round, and a running back in the 4th two guys that have exceeded expectations. We have spent a majority of our draft picks on the defense, and offensive line but to see our tailback explode in partial usage for 1100 yards. Jacobs who spent a portion of the year hurt returned to rush for nearly a thousand yards. Ruggs III, went for 1800+ Yards and had a ridiculous 28 TD year. We finally made the playoffs where we knocked off, the Colts in the wildcard round. We then lost to the Browns, in Divisional Round.

We lost Josh Jacobs to free agency, and replaced him with Devin Singletary. However, we have Derek Carr for one more season and last season rookie QB whom we gave the reigns. After leading us to from a 30-deficit in week 17. Oscar Fernandez may want the starting spot. We have a talented offense with Singletary, Carr/Fernandez, Ruggs III, Edwards, Renfrow, Waller... But my defense which is slowly improving is being led by Johnanthan Abram, Damon Arnette Jr., Trayvon Mullen, Maxx Crosby, Carl Nassib. We have some young talent at LB and just added Bobby Wagner this offseason.

After John Gruden retiring. We hired Anthony Lynn, and hope to make a return to the playoffs. After 6-10, 8-8, 9-7 we hope this is our breakout season.
Old 12-07-2020, 09:21 AM   #317
Rookie

In my first year in New England, i made two trades. Traded a draft pick for Anthony Miller of the Bears and one to the Rams for Gerald Everette. These two upgrades alone where enough to propel the pats to a 11-5 record and the second seed in the AFC playoffs. Miller went from normal dev to superstar with a 93 catch 1400yrd, 13td season. Cam came in 3rd in MVP voting with a 4600yrd 39td season. But also threw 13 picks. We win a playoff game vs Jacksonville 😂 and lose in the next round to eventual SuperBowl champions the Chiefs. Now comes the offseason and all the trouble starts. Free agency goes great, then the draft rolls around and i watch as the Chargers select Justin Fields at 3. And the Bengals select Zach Wilson at 4. The cowboys select Trey Lance at 9. WTF!!!! I was under the impression they improved drafting logic this year. Guess not! Killed my immersion and now i wanna start over and control all 32 😔
Old 12-08-2020, 07:22 PM   #318
MVP

speedkills's Arena

Started a new franchise for my PS5 new gen version.

2020 Green Bay

After a tough week 3 loss at the Saints, the 2-1 Packers returned home to host the 2-1 Falcons on Monday Night Football.

Julio Jones was lost for the season the week prior so I didn't have to worry about him. On the other side, Aaron Rodgers and Davante Adams took the opportunity to put on a clinic in prime time:

ATL 13
GB 41

Last edited by speedkills; 12-09-2020 at 03:28 AM.
Old 12-09-2020, 04:07 PM   #319
Rookie

nolesfan3's Arena

OVR: 6

My favorite part of the football season after the games is the coaching carousel and offseason. I think it is always interesting to see what and who teams covet when they are looking for that new spark. With that being said, I want to give you the background for my Madden franchise on next gen. I am going to be starting with the 2020 playoffs. I simulated up to Week 17 and saved. From there, I simulated the final week of the season and made note of the teams who fired their coaches. I then reloaded the season at Week 17 and became owner of those teams who fired their coaches and the teams who have already let go of their coaches. (Texans, Lions, and Falcons) When I simulated the last week of the season again, I retired the owners and took control of those teams as custom coaches.
On a Google Sheet, I added the fired coaches to the already 40 coaches I have listed. That list consists of NFL coordinators, college coaches, former NFL players, and my created coach. On that list, I gave each coach a offensive and defensive playbook by writing down the 32 NFL teams in order and numbering them. I used random.org to generate a number 1-32 and whatever number came up I used the correlating team to assign that playbook to a coach. If the coach is a current coordinator in the NFL, I used the playbook for whatever side of the ball they are on, for example, Jack Del Rio would have a random offensive playbook but would have the Washington defensive playbook.
I decided on the new coaches by again using random.org. I used numbers 1-46 and whatever number was generated was the coach that got picked for the team. I assigned coaches based on a win loss record. Once all of the teams have their new coach, I made sure that the playbook and scheme matches up and set it to auto. The new coaches in the league will now run on their own, however I can easily switch to them if I need to change something in my offline franchise.
I usually prefer to play a few seasons just doing the game of the week and eventually diving once a lot of the NFL players cycle out, however I will take over a team whenever my custom coaches’ number comes up. I am trying to think of the best way to “broadcast” my fictional league. I do enjoy writing about but I have also thought about doing an audio podcast or doing a podcast over video on YouTube.
If you made it this far God bless you lol. No matter what you are doing with your franchise, I hope you are making the game work for you!

Go Noles!!

Xbox: NolesEM
PSN: ShowsOver
Old 12-09-2020, 08:41 PM   #320
MVP

speedkills's Arena

2020 Raiders

Playing as a custom coach with air raid / 3-4 storm schemes. Traded Derek Carr to Washington for a 2nd rounder in the preseason and imported my created 2nd year franchise QB.

But the story of the day was Henry Ruggs III making his NFL debut in week 1 at Carolina. Speed. Kills.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tTC9n9epUQ

gunslinger

Last edited by speedkills; 12-10-2020 at 07:32 AM. Reason: added url

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »