Home

The Immersion Breakers thread

This is a discussion on The Immersion Breakers thread within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2020, 02:09 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: The Immersion Breakers thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackrel829
It's just super weird to me that you'd buy a game, play it frequently, then go on the internet and complain about how much you dislike it.
Sounds like we, as a society, should eliminate the bottom half of every review scale. I can’t wait to see Tenet and the grade it somewhere between 5-10, because paying customers have no right to give a negative review!
Old 09-02-2020, 02:11 PM   #18
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
It's just super weird to me that you'd buy a game, play it frequently, then go on the internet and complain about how much you dislike it.

And EA 100% aren't lurking here lol. They may have done in the past, but times have changed. A multi-million dollar company aren't scouting niche internet forums for feedback about their product.
I complain about lots of things I enjoy with the hope of making things even better. I never said I didn't enjoy it either.

#fixmaddenfranchise
Old 09-02-2020, 02:13 PM   #19
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Anything purposeful is fine. Thank you for asking.

We all know the game isn't great. Just crying about it isn't going to change that, so threads like this aren't useful or productive. Threads that help people make the best of a bad game are.
I'm going to request you stop trying to police the forum in this instance Mackrel -- though I do understand your general premise.

I don't see anything inherently wrong with this thread at this juncture, and this is a different avenue where I look at it almost like an inverse "little things" thread just as the small details that break up the fantasy of being out on the field for real.

These can be helpful for aggregation purposes, and it's also helpful just to see what people consider immersion breakers.

If people use the thread just to say "lol EA" or "I don't understand how they can be so incompetent" etc. then peeps will step in where appropriate. OP did a good job of explaining what he thinks are immersion breakers and the 2nd reply was a detailed and bulleted out response that followed the guidelines, which is usually a great tone setter for a new thread.

Last edited by ChaseB; 09-02-2020 at 02:16 PM.
Old 09-02-2020, 02:20 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by YabaDaba
Sounds like we, as a society, should eliminate the bottom half of every review scale. I can’t wait to see Tenet and the grade it somewhere between 5-10, because paying customers have no right to give a negative review!
Last thing I'll say on the matter, but you're not even close to understanding the perspective I'm presenting.

Reviews have a purpose. They give potential consumers information about a product prior to purchase. By all means, go to a review site, and post a negative review. That's what it's there for (and is also something that could actually reach EA). This isn't a review site, and the OP isn't a review.

I'm happy to leave it there.
Old 09-02-2020, 02:27 PM   #21
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

1) The low grade sideline players are definitely one.

2) Seeing how beautiful it is to play the game on Broadcast cam but it not being customizable.

3) Not having enough time to make defensive adjustments against the AI because they snap the ball so quick.

4) Charles Davis

5) Love how the injuries take place during the game this year; but showing the player who is actually hurt not acting like he is hurt...in the cut scene they will show the player maybe take a knee and he looks like he's protesting or something and not hurt kinda waters it down lol. At least show a limp or something.

Last edited by TarHeelPhenom; 09-02-2020 at 02:31 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2020, 02:32 PM   #22
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
5) Love how the injuries take place during the game this year; but showing the player who is actually hurt not acting like he is hurt...in the cut scene they will show the place maybe take a knee and he looks like he's protesting or something and not hurt kinda waters it down lol. At least show a limp or something.
Yeah, I know WHY they did that (to show it was off-the-ball)...but....it IS a bit grating for sure. Gotta agree here!
Old 09-02-2020, 02:33 PM   #23
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Anything purposeful is fine. Thank you for asking.

We all know the game isn't great. Just crying about it isn't going to change that, so threads like this aren't useful or productive. Threads that help people make the best of a bad game are.
Thats not the only thing a forum is for though. You want the forum to be what you want it to be. Seems forums aren't for you cause ALL video game forums are like this. At least popular games.

Ever tried reddit? Fu*k madden sh*t as* game. Thats what you will encounter. This has been a mature discussion. Maybe you should be the first person to create a positivity video game forum. You would be in heaven.

Last edited by haloofduty; 09-02-2020 at 02:37 PM.
Old 09-02-2020, 02:37 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 2

So for whatever reason, when I edit a roster ( I play with the Titans) the Titans logo is replaced with the Vikings and then the Texans have the Titans logo.

Texans Logo completely disappears from the game. (Not mad about that #Titanup lol)

So on the banner, overlays and intros you see Derrick Henry/Ryan Tannehill and company all in front of the Vikings logo on the jumbo tron (for the awful announcer intro).

In the game it still says Titans thankfully but it really sucks to see "TEN" then Vikings logo. Just really takes you out of the game even further than the presentation takes you out from the jump.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »