Home

Madden NFL 21 Franchise Update (1 of 3) Arrives on November 12 - Full Details Here (Update #2 Arrives in January)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 21 Franchise Update (1 of 3) Arrives on November 12 - Full Details Here (Update #2 Arrives in January) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-11-2020, 02:23 AM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Madden NFL 21 Franchise Update (1 of 3) Arrives on November 12 - Full Details Her

Worse than I thought. I figured they would give customers an update in December and then the final update in January. At the time I felt that would be lame because the regular season ends in early January and this is a yearly title. To see the second update doesn’t come until mid January, well after the regular season ends, is almost laughable.

In my opinion they should’ve saved all of this for M22, plus added all of the new features they already have planned for M22. Maybe seeing a bigger overhaul all at once would be more well received and appreciated by the fan base? Right now it just seems pathetic. So I guess around spring time next year fans who only play online franchise mode will get the full franchise experience in M21. Hooray.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2020, 07:18 AM   #66
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Madden NFL 21 Franchise Update (1 of 3) Arrives on November 12 - Full Details Her

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
Wow. So very underwhelming. Especially considering the season is half over. Even if you don’t compare to other sports offerings, this is just such a low bar to clear and they still can’t do it.

#fixmaddenfranchise.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Seriously. Do they expect me to play the game up until the next one drops? I move on to baseball in March 🤷*♂️
MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions
Old 11-11-2020, 07:34 AM   #67
MVP

jrivera34's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoChris
Cut them a break. They are continuing to support M21 with COVID, Next gen, they are probably busy. Sure M21 is a marginal game compared to others but they are working on it.

The good thing about the franchise fix is that it will carry over into M22. I am not excusing EA for putting out M21 in the shape it is but they are trying.

COVID started in 2020 (ok, 2019 officially).
What is their excuse for the last 15 years?

Old 11-11-2020, 08:52 AM   #68
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by stp2081
Wow so even a *new* offline franchise won’t get the updates? Meaning you also need to shell out the cash for Gold/PSN+ If you want to run a solo cloud franchise? Absurd.
Brand new offline franchises WILL get the updates. According to Swami, existing offline ones will not.
Old 11-11-2020, 08:58 AM   #69
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

Wait, I thought a big part of the long dev time was to ensure that no one had to restart. But now, if you’re solo offline you have to restart to get these small updates?

If that’s right, another example of bait and switch, underwhelming, complete BS from Madden.

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Old 11-11-2020, 09:02 AM   #70
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
Wait, I thought a big part of the long dev time was to ensure that no one had to restart. But now, if you’re solo offline you have to restart to get these small updates?

If that’s right, another example of bait and switch, underwhelming, complete BS from Madden.

That's what I thought as well... But I sent the part about making sure nobody had to restart on Twitter and Swami said that's only for cloud Franchises.
Old 11-11-2020, 09:13 AM   #71
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Brand new offline franchises WILL get the updates. According to Swami, existing offline ones will not.
This is good news as I was looking for a good reason to have to start my franchise over... again. If I'm lucky I will get another reason to have to start my off-line franchise over again in January too. Good times!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2020, 09:13 AM   #72
Rookie

OVR: 0

Thank god mine is a cloud franchise. I feel for you offline guys.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »