Home

So... is it worth buying now?

This is a discussion on So... is it worth buying now? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-26-2020, 09:08 AM   #17
Rookie

jay87's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: So... is it worth buying now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotter
I picked it up for $35 off the PS store. I had been playing a modded 20 on PC and enjoying it, but couldn’t pass up the option for a free upgrade to the PS5 version.

I am loving this game in default AM (except with CPU Int down to 10 cause they have hands stickier than my all pro WR)

I would definitely recommend the upgrade to 21 at a discounted price if you’ve been playing 20. You can actually throw out of a sack and can maneuver as a ball carrier.

Madden 21 is not worth 15$. I am still annoyed that I bought Play pro, 10h testing would have been enough.
These two things are nice, but don't take away the mods we have at 20.
Plus the crappy WWE style presentation, that alone makes madden21 ****

Project: 100% NFL Simulation Football

TFG Roster, 2020 Franchise File, XP-Sliders, Itbeme's Revival Playbook Mod Extension & Simulation Gameplay Sliders

The 100% NFL Roster and Itbeme23's Simulation Sliders for Madden20 *BETA*

R.I.P Arthur Morgan
Old 11-26-2020, 01:08 PM   #18
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

I ended up going into GameStop for the Black Friday deal. The employees tried talking me out of buying it. They were like, “It’s the same engine as 20, don’t waste your money”

I told them I know but I was buying for the ps5 upgrade. After they realized I was going to get it anyways, the manager gave me a friends and family discount so I got it for $22.

I’ll see how the ps5 version plays, but after a day with the game and the free trial earlier it’s not worth upgrading if you’re just going to play on current systems imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 11-26-2020, 05:14 PM   #19
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
I ended up going into GameStop for the Black Friday deal. The employees tried talking me out of buying it. They were like, “It’s the same engine as 20, don’t waste your money”

I told them I know but I was buying for the ps5 upgrade. After they realized I was going to get it anyways, the manager gave me a friends and family discount so I got it for $22.

I’ll see how the ps5 version plays, but after a day with the game and the free trial earlier it’s not worth upgrading if you’re just going to play on current systems imo.

Gamestop employees tried so hard not to get you to buy something? That's new one.

Then they go even further and offer you a discount they probably aren't even allowed to give you because they must have felt bad you are trying to buy a game for $26?

No wonder why Gamestop is tanking. Talking people out of buying games and then giving you a discount when you refuse not to not buy it seems like a pretty good corporate strategy.

I'll just say that I already know your take on Madden, but Madden 21 is absolutely worth $26 alone. In my opinion, of course.
Old 11-26-2020, 06:18 PM   #20
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
Gamestop employees tried so hard not to get you to buy something? That's new one.

Then they go even further and offer you a discount they probably aren't even allowed to give you because they must have felt bad you are trying to buy a game for $26?

No wonder why Gamestop is tanking. Talking people out of buying games and then giving you a discount when you refuse not to not buy it seems like a pretty good corporate strategy.

I'll just say that I already know your take on Madden, but Madden 21 is absolutely worth $26 alone. In my opinion, of course.

Lol. Ok to be fair and give the full story the employee/manager used to work with my daughter and knew who I was even if I’ve never actually talked with the guy before. That’s why he gave me the discount. He tried to talk me out of it for the same reason I’m sure. People haven’t exactly been raving about the game inside the store.

Bottom line is I ended up buying the game for $22 and don’t feel it’s a necessary purchase unless you intend on upgrading or you absolutely have to have to latest rosters. That’s my opinion.

Old 11-26-2020, 08:53 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 4

I’m finally starting to see the Next Gen versions fully available for sale online. Why would you ever buy the next gen game on its own when you can buy a previous version and get the free upgrade. Am I missing something here? Point being, for $30-35 it’s half the price and you get the upgrade, it seems worth it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2020, 11:38 PM   #22
Rookie

StayODD's Arena

OVR: 0

I caved and bought it around like week 7 of the season. Pretty much the same game with a few minor improvements here and there. Overall if you are just a pick up and play guy and don't care about franchise being the same thing it is probably worth the sale price.

MADDEN 21 ROSTERS

DONATIONS VIA PAYPAL
Old 11-27-2020, 03:28 PM   #23
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHammer113
I’m finally starting to see the Next Gen versions fully available for sale online. Why would you ever buy the next gen game on its own when you can buy a previous version and get the free upgrade. Am I missing something here? Point being, for $30-35 it’s half the price and you get the upgrade, it seems worth it
If you don't own a PS4 currently, and buy a physical copy of Madden 21 for PS4. then say you do have a PS5 (lucky SOB!) then how do you upgrade exactly? Just insert it in the PS5 since is it backward compatible and it knows you are entitled to the upgrade for free? Just asking if there is a reason you have to actually have a previous gen console to use the free upgrade? Otherwise there's no reason not to buy the current gen and save yourself cash. Just wanting to be sure that you don't have to "activate" or "log on" via previous gen to be eligible.
Old 11-27-2020, 04:45 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by icicle22
If you don't own a PS4 currently, and buy a physical copy of Madden 21 for PS4. then say you do have a PS5 (lucky SOB!) then how do you upgrade exactly? Just insert it in the PS5 since is it backward compatible and it knows you are entitled to the upgrade for free? Just asking if there is a reason you have to actually have a previous gen console to use the free upgrade? Otherwise there's no reason not to buy the current gen and save yourself cash. Just wanting to be sure that you don't have to "activate" or "log on" via previous gen to be eligible.
I mean that’s a good question. Personally I had PS4 and now currently own an Xbox Series X and just bought the current gen version on it and assume I’ll be upgrade for free next week. I don’t know how that wouldn’t be considered fair for what they’ve said

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »