Home

CPU Offensive Issues Next Gen- WHAT HAPPENED TO BALLCARRIERS MOVES

This is a discussion on CPU Offensive Issues Next Gen- WHAT HAPPENED TO BALLCARRIERS MOVES within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-18-2021, 04:42 PM   #9
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: CPU Offensive Issues Next Gen- WHAT HAPPENED TO BALLCARRIERS MOVES

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturnoftheTmac
Couldn’t agree more on both accounts. I can’t believe more isn’t made of the sideline awareness. I don’t even have to worry about the CPU dumping it off to a TE or RB towards the sideline cuz they always go out for a loss or a 2 yard gain before I even have to make a tackle. Immersive breaking to say the least.
That was in my initial post on my immersion breakers thread. Really annoying that the CPU doesn't have any awareness where it's at on the field other than the animation that triggers when reaching for a 1st down or td.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
Old 01-18-2021, 04:49 PM   #10
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence
That was in my initial post on my immersion breakers thread. Really annoying that the CPU doesn't have any awareness where it's at on the field other than the animation that triggers when reaching for a 1st down or td.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
I could have sworn that when we started with Madden 21 current gen back in late August that this had been rectified somewhat. I recall many times the CPU caught the ball and turned up field against me and I thought "oh...they fixed it!".

Also felt like my own receivers didn't get stuck in animations as much near the sidelines. Now if I run a swing pass and wait too long my RB just catches and goes out of bounds when he has plenty of room to turn up field.

If my memory is somewhat accurate then these things got "re-broken" in the flurry of patches.
Old 01-18-2021, 07:38 PM   #11
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by icicle22
I could have sworn that when we started with Madden 21 current gen back in late August that this had been rectified somewhat. I recall many times the CPU caught the ball and turned up field against me and I thought "oh...they fixed it!".

Also felt like my own receivers didn't get stuck in animations as much near the sidelines. Now if I run a swing pass and wait too long my RB just catches and goes out of bounds when he has plenty of room to turn up field.

If my memory is somewhat accurate then these things got "re-broken" in the flurry of patches.
While it’s always subject to your own perspective this is just one of the things that for a time we’re rectified on next gen. To expound on your earlier post for me next gen had weighted movement to a point it was slowed down during tackling which produced some great tackle scenarios. Alsowr/ dB interactions were improved on next gen and the slowed down play introduced some new breakups coverage animations.

On a whole the next gen version just played more organically . After the patches the warping to tackles one on one stop you in your tracks tackling warped coverage speed boost and stiffness has returned. You can see if you go from patch to patch the movement changes taking place. For me the game has now become a next gen port that was different in the beginning but is now the same as last gen. If you play head 2 head it’s right up your alley because the movements don’t play out any longer. It’s not how it looks for h2h it’s how quick can they get there . That comes with a speed boost which leads to warping and the cycle continues. That coverage patch simply sped up the dbs . Again this is my opinion . But go back to ootb then install patches that will tell you everything you want to know. If there going to roll with a animation system at least make it realistic. These band aids on top of band aids has been going on too long. They had it down pat in the first weeks and we’re going in the right direction but when you fix and implement new things in a patch something has to get taken out nerfed or affected. It’s all a shell game with the existing engine and they do a great job of simply manipulating rosters to get the desired effect of the new feature.Again my opinion my man!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2021, 10:21 PM   #12
MVP

icicle22's Arena

I have ton of gameplay captured from early December before the first patch that fixed lighting issues in First Energy stadium. I continued my season and just downloaded patches as they became available. I have the digital version of the game so I cannot roll back to OOTB for a direct comparison.

Do you think I can watch videos from release and compare to games now and see a difference or do you think it's all in the feel?
Old 01-18-2021, 11:45 PM   #13
MVP

icicle22's Arena

Also....the more I think about it over the course of my Next-Gen season I feel like the quarterback play has been suspect compared to last gen as well. I'm glad we don't have the "drop back glitch" but even after patches I am seeing the CPU QB throw the ball out of bounds to avoid sacks even when I am not that close to them way too often. I may be making a move on one of there tackles with a powerful DE but I am still 5-6 yards away and they just chuck it to the sidelines. They give up like in the NFL when the defense sniffs out the screen pass and the QB just throws it at the feet of the RB to avoid a bad play and lives to fight another down.

I just thought of this as I read a thread on the PC Madden forum about Madden 21 PC vs. Madden 20 on PC and someone was raving about 21's smart QB play and how they roll out and scramble and throw on the run out of the pocket like real NFL Qbs. I've just got to say that I am not seeing that on next gen at all. It seems like whenever something would trigger any of these situations the CPU just throws it away. Even Lamar Jackson gets pressure and starts to scramble and just chucks it into the sidelines when he could have straight up taken off for 12-20 yds. I remember on last gen having Russell Wilson scramble and look like he was going to run and I come up as a LB to tackle him and he throws it right into the zone i just vacated. I remember thinking "wow" that was realistic.

I don't remember feeling this at all on Madden 21 Next Gen PS5. I just remember thinking...."Oh...there goes another throwaway" all the time. I originally said I preferred this to the drop back glitch. I didn't realize that I think this behavior also gimps all the CPU Qb scrambling and passing on the run. I miss it. Anyone else seeing these behaviors missing from Next Gen?
Old 01-19-2021, 10:09 AM   #14
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by icicle22
Also....the more I think about it over the course of my Next-Gen season I feel like the quarterback play has been suspect compared to last gen as well. I'm glad we don't have the "drop back glitch" but even after patches I am seeing the CPU QB throw the ball out of bounds to avoid sacks even when I am not that close to them way too often. I may be making a move on one of there tackles with a powerful DE but I am still 5-6 yards away and they just chuck it to the sidelines. They give up like in the NFL when the defense sniffs out the screen pass and the QB just throws it at the feet of the RB to avoid a bad play and lives to fight another down.

I just thought of this as I read a thread on the PC Madden forum about Madden 21 PC vs. Madden 20 on PC and someone was raving about 21's smart QB play and how they roll out and scramble and throw on the run out of the pocket like real NFL Qbs. I've just got to say that I am not seeing that on next gen at all. It seems like whenever something would trigger any of these situations the CPU just throws it away. Even Lamar Jackson gets pressure and starts to scramble and just chucks it into the sidelines when he could have straight up taken off for 12-20 yds. I remember on last gen having Russell Wilson scramble and look like he was going to run and I come up as a LB to tackle him and he throws it right into the zone i just vacated. I remember thinking "wow" that was realistic.

I don't remember feeling this at all on Madden 21 Next Gen PS5. I just remember thinking...."Oh...there goes another throwaway" all the time. I originally said I preferred this to the drop back glitch. I didn't realize that I think this behavior also gimps all the CPU Qb scrambling and passing on the run. I miss it. Anyone else seeing these behaviors missing from Next Gen?
Yea I think of some of this is their attempt to mitigate "robocalls qb". I mean, ill take it lol Nothing worse than a 65 rated qb passing completing 95% lol
Old 01-19-2021, 10:41 AM   #15
MVP

icicle22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemarflacco
Yea I think of some of this is their attempt to mitigate "robocalls qb". I mean, ill take it lol Nothing worse than a 65 rated qb passing completing 95% lol
I agree with that part...however I am specifically realizing that with this seems to be the loss of personality. Lamar didn't scramble and run on me at all. Guys never scramble and complete passes on the run like they did early in Madden 21 on current gen build. It just feels less organic and actually makes all QB feel more the same. I mean, Lamar, Roethlisberger and Tannehil in back to back to back games all essentially played the same against me. Stand in the pocket and if they sniff any pressure chuck it into the seats. Maybe once or twice Lamar started to scamble then threw it into the sidelines as he was just getting out of the pocket with no one really close to him.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »