Home

Now that the smoke has cleared..Next gen player movement?

This is a discussion on Now that the smoke has cleared..Next gen player movement? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-01-2021, 09:47 PM   #49
Rookie

Big Bankhead's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Now that the smoke has cleared..Next gen player movement?

Quote:
Originally Posted by edaddy
Have you downloaded the patch today and if so has the movement been upgraded. The franchise patch 1.25 changed the movement in a great way but that 1.26 quick patch introduced some warping and wired tackling physics again so I just am curious if they basically reintroduced that last Franchise patch
I didn’t notice any of that glitchy movement after today’s update, I tested it in practice mode for a few hours. I have noticed that defensive ai has gotten a boost which is a plus in my opinion.
"If you look good, you feel good. If you feel good, you play good. If you play good, they pay good." - Deion Sanders #21

Ravens!
Lakers!
Yankees!

PSN: Spartan387
XBGT: KobraTheKing
Old 04-01-2021, 10:32 PM   #50
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bankhead
I didn’t notice any of that glitchy movement after today’s update, I tested it in practice mode for a few hours. I have noticed that defensive ai has gotten a boost which is a plus in my opinion.
That’s great the glitchy movement was after the last patch I’m thinking they had to do a quick patch after the franchise update patch because of the bugs and stability issues that patch sort of took away what they added in movement but in true ea history this patch fixed it back to franchise patch movement..
Old 04-05-2021, 10:41 AM   #51
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by edaddy
Ok good is the game playing and moving better my man!!
It seems to be moving pretty smooth from what I can tell. I honestly didn't notice any issues before.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2021, 10:55 AM   #52
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bankhead
One major thing that I’ve noticed with NG Madden is the crisp route running and catching ability of the top rated WRs. Throwing back shoulder fades, bullets through tight coverage, and screen passes never felt better. Being a lineman myself I’ve noticed more realistic looking run blocking and a fiercer looking pass rush. I have nothing but positives to give you about gameplay. The only negative I can give would be to franchise mode. I think you’ll like the next gen gameplay.

P.S. just to share with you if you’re interested, thanks to my man Simfballcritic I’ve discovered as well...the lower you drop your qb accuracy slider, the more control you have over the placement of the ball. I have mine at the moment at 25 and I’ve been having a ball.
I'm still trying to get a good visual on different route running between higher/lower rated WRs. I may need to go ahead and adjust the ratings of one of my WRs for one game to see it in action. With that said, yes the gameplay is a definite progression and we're in a great place as we move towards Madden 22.

As far as the sliders, 25 is exactly where I've had my qb accuracy for a few years now. I'm in the process of adjusting sliders to get the most realistic outcome for my skill level, as I'm currently running a CFM with the NY Jets and I just finished the season with a 9-7 record! I was expecting more of a struggle, not being on top of the division with the patriots ending at 5-10, dolphins only winning 3 games, and the AFC east pretty much being a bizzaro world lol.
Old 04-05-2021, 06:11 PM   #53
Banned

OVR: 21

On next gen, do the pass receivers still sort of cut back toward middle of field after the catch? It's like they plant their foot and square their shoulders to run straight. They should just be continuing their route and where their momentum carries them at least some of the times. I don't see this on PS4...

C
Old 04-06-2021, 02:55 PM   #54
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
On next gen, do the pass receivers still sort of cut back toward middle of field after the catch? It's like they plant their foot and square their shoulders to run straight. They should just be continuing their route and where their momentum carries them at least some of the times. I don't see this on PS4...

C
WR play both User and CPU controlled across the board, including run after the catch is really, really great in next gen.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »