Home

Now that the smoke has cleared..Next gen player movement?

This is a discussion on Now that the smoke has cleared..Next gen player movement? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-20-2021, 11:11 AM   #33
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: Now that the smoke has cleared..Next gen player movement?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsofthevalley
Really, I'll need to look for this. I just started a Jets franchise and the WRs routes aren't so precision. You're saying the higher the WRs route run rating it actually sharpens the routes? If I'm not mistaken, current gen WRs all generally run routes the same no matter the rating.
The Deep Dive revealed it’s part ratings, part body build, part Archetype (Franchise) that determines “run cycles” (ie running style)

Generated players will look for someone comparable on the Front End roster to establish theirs.
- post editing doesn’t change the running style (that’s a hidden editable metric they need to unhide for gamers)

AGL rating is huge dealing with player turn sharpness on Off and Def
- give an Pass Rush DE/OLB a “93+” AGL and watch how sharp/fast they bend around the OT
Old 03-21-2021, 11:31 AM   #34
Pro

OVR: 4

IMO they have shifted the movement in the right direction with a few tweaks away from taking it another level..

They need to improve coverage foot planting to match new route precision on some stuff, still get the stuck in the dirt stuff by DBs on certain instances...

They severely need to decrease the distance of the "breakdown" tackle animation triggers in the open field and just clean up the tackle/pursuit angles in general...

Find a way to take next gen data and incorporate it in to pass rush timers, still have 5+ seconds to throw ball too often..I know its probably impossible bc of the engine but coming up with a system that ties dropback/pass blocking timing together is critical to prevent the drop back addition 10 yards crap still prevalent all these years
Old 03-23-2021, 05:31 PM   #35
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

All I can say at this point is whatever they did with the last patch enhanced player movement and gameplay tremendously. I’m seeing new tackling running we and dB animations every game now and while it’s still not perfect it’s a long long way from just before this last patch. I don’t give out praise lightly especially when it comes to EA but this is the first time in years I actually have an immersion feel from next gen player movement. Also I really think EA enhanced the lighting in Madden now the cartoony look is gone and I’m seeing actual shadows across the uniforms as it gets darker. Ea needs to just fix the penalty problem and keep going in the right direction with player movement on next gen...,
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2021, 09:03 PM   #36
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

OVR: 0

Have played with it for a couple weeks now. Player movement & feel are just much better for anyone hoping for a realistic style. It's still M21, so as others have said don't expect a whole new game.

That said, I could not imagine going back to XB1 version. I could barely play that game in a solo franchise and have enjoyed playing the XBSX version a lot more. Full disclosure, I thought M21 was the first true step backward the series had taken in years. I'm hoping M21 was so bad to myself & many, many others because the dev team was focused on next-gen & M22.

I liked the phrasing of keeping expectations to EA-level but even with that, the nextgen version of M21 has me hopeful for M22.

Commissioner
After Work Football League
(Xbox Series S/X)
AWFL Discord
AWFL Daddyleagues
Old 03-29-2021, 11:36 AM   #37
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creasy1010
Finally got my hands on a PS5, can someone easily tell me how the dual entitlement works? I have the PS4 disc version. I feel like it's really easy.
If you go to the store and look up Madden 21, you should have a free download available to upgrade to the PS5 version
Old 03-29-2021, 11:52 AM   #38
Rookie

I got my PS5, and one thing I like is the speed and the running game.

I don't know how many times I would have a hole to run through on the PS4, and get stuffed for no gain the moment I hit. On the PS5, if the hole is there, and I hit correctly, I'm getting 4 yards a carry. It just has a more realistic feel to it.

Also, on previous gen, when I would catch a pass on a route that went to the sideline, the controllers sensitivity would always seem to make my receiver run back a yard before going forward. No matter how many times I tried going easy on it. That problem, so far doesn't exist on the PS5. My receiver doesn't bounce back after the catch, he goes forward or at the least, runs even to the sideline on a a straight plain.

Sent from my moto g stylus using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 03-29-2021, 12:47 PM   #39
MVP

cch99's Arena

OVR: 9

As I mentioned early I do really like the motion, movement and speed of the players now. It looks and feels great.

One thing that is driving me up the wall though is running backs catching swing passes and just going out of bounds for both me and the CPU.

At this point in time I can't believe they haven't fixed RB awareness over there. So many times the passes take them out of bounds or they just don't know where the sidelines are. They just keep running towards the sidelines. It's annoying.

The WR and TE aren't always great but it's way better than the RB out of the backfield on the swing. If it's me it doesn't bother me as much because sometimes I just wait to long to get it over there. But I hate when the CPU has the running back open over there and could break a decent gain or setup a one on one situation with the DB or LB but they just get taken out of bounds. Maybe if the animation was better where it looked like the pass took them out but most of the time they catch it in stride then run straight out of bounds

Last edited by cch99; 03-29-2021 at 12:49 PM.
Old 03-29-2021, 01:34 PM   #40
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by edaddy
All I can say at this point is whatever they did with the last patch enhanced player movement and gameplay tremendously. I’m seeing new tackling running we and dB animations every game now and while it’s still not perfect it’s a long long way from just before this last patch. I don’t give out praise lightly especially when it comes to EA but this is the first time in years I actually have an immersion feel from next gen player movement. Also I really think EA enhanced the lighting in Madden now the cartoony look is gone and I’m seeing actual shadows across the uniforms as it gets darker. Ea needs to just fix the penalty problem and keep going in the right direction with player movement on next gen...,
I agree. I've been very critical of Madden over the years mainly due to poor physics, poor collision detection, scripted gameplay, etc. However, the Next Gen version is definitely playing a lot better.

You can feel the sense of weight & momentum. The physics have definitely received an upgrade. The gang tackling & player pile ups stand out.

Hopefully they continue to expand & improve on the physics especially in the trenches. I finally feel Madden is headed in the right direction & I haven't been able to say that before. Dare I say I'm actually enjoying the Next Gen version (offline gameplay) although not without its flaws...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »