Home

Is EA sports starting to get bothered by MS and sony?

This is a discussion on Is EA sports starting to get bothered by MS and sony? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-09-2021, 12:09 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Is EA sports starting to get bothered by MS and sony?

There's been absoulute no news of Madden 22. The quarantine is coming to an end. How is the Madden 22 dev cycle. I think we should all give EA studios a break this year and last year. They haven't had the proper working conditions to create greatness the last game that had a good working dev cycle was Madden 19 and we all know how good that game was in the beginning of it's launch.

I'm just saying. Madden 22 is a next gen title and SONY and MS have totally dropped the ball on the new consoles. This year Madden 22 is not gonna be a good launch SONY and MS are starting to cut into EA's pocket books the EA corporate might start crying.

No one can find a console and if you do it's plain blind luck or you worked your *** off to find one or paid 1k for one. no one can walk into a store like best buy or walmart and buy one.

at the end of this year sony is gonna release next gen titles. Sony and MS need to take the heat for this botched launch window.

I had the money to buy one and couldn't find one because the week I had the cash it was out of stock that week entirely that's sony and MS money down the drain. I'm sure a lot of people had money to buy one. SONY and MS is missing out on that money and EA sports is also.

I have a ps4. and I'm gonna miss out on this next gen Madden 22 because Sony ms can't get their **** straight.

I don't know I just see EA corporate starting to bark at sony and MS for not supplying consoles I have no sympathy for sony and Ms they decided to launch during a pandemic it was stupidity and laziness. to fill scalpers pockets.

I probably buy madden 22 on ps4 but it doesn't seem i'm getting Madden 22 on Ps5. for shame.

I also wanted to ask when Is Madden 22 info coming two months before launch at EA play? wtf.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2021, 12:34 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Is EA sports starting to get bothered by MS and sony?

I can't tell if your post is half sarcastic or not, but I'm going to bet EA is fine with both companies. There are tons of consoles out there. More next gen consoles have sold this early into release than any other generation of consoles before it.

News usually starts dropping EA Play. That's the direction EA has been moving towards in recent years. That's their being event these days and they tend to not put out much info for many of their games until then anymore.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

― Plato
Old 05-09-2021, 06:35 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I can't tell if your post is half sarcastic or not, but I'm going to bet EA is fine with both companies. There are tons of consoles out there. More next gen consoles have sold this early into release than any other generation of consoles before it.

News usually starts dropping EA Play. That's the direction EA has been moving towards in recent years. That's their being event these days and they tend to not put out much info for many of their games until then anymore.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Besides Madden 20 where most of the info was released in May, most years we don't see anything until EA Play. I actually prefer that info rollout that Madden and 2k does where they don't start giving out info until around 2 months out, but when they do it's a steady rollout until release. I don't really want to hear something 3-4 months out if it isn't a steady rollout. I don't want to hear something and them go dormant for 2-3 weeks at a time.
Old 05-10-2021, 03:25 PM   #4
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Shortages don't really have much to do with the actions of Sony or Microsoft, and the gaming sector right now on nearly all fronts is enjoying massive upticks in engagement and financial success there isn't really much reason to expect this to drive anyone being bothered.

I get being frustrated, but may need to reset the perspective a little.

Last edited by mestevo; 05-10-2021 at 04:52 PM.
Old 05-13-2021, 09:46 AM   #5
Pro

Bruh, relax!

First of all, you're buying into the Madden hype. They already got you drooling over when information will be released. Take it easy.

Stuff usually starts "leaking" around E3 thing in June. They will release some game footage which will make everyone go ooo and ahh. Then late June, EA releases their schedule of deep dives where we will learn about "improved AI logic" and "updated animations and under the hood upgrades that will make Madden 22 the most exciting madden game"

They do this every year.

Last edited by kennylc321; 05-13-2021 at 09:53 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2021, 05:05 PM   #6
Rookie

TheButter's Arena

Apparently EAs making M22 "mod proof", or much harder to mod. So that could be why it's been taking awhile.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Operation Sports mobile app

CPU teams stole your successful plays in your playbook and added them to their playbooks. That feature met with college playbooks from incoming college coaches and user created plays birthed a new meta evolution for playcallers across the NFL.
Old 05-13-2021, 06:26 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheButter
Apparently EAs making M22 "mod proof", or much harder to mod. So that could be why it's been taking awhile.

Can you provide the source for this?

― Plato
Old 05-13-2021, 06:43 PM   #8
Rookie

TheButter's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Can you provide the source for this?
A fellow r/Madden moderator told me that they've changed the architecture of the files so it's not as simple as before, he's a knowledgeable guy as far as I know. Here's something from the main modder discord about 21 from a few months ago.Screenshot_20210513-173626.jpeg

CPU teams stole your successful plays in your playbook and added them to their playbooks. That feature met with college playbooks from incoming college coaches and user created plays birthed a new meta evolution for playcallers across the NFL.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »