Home

Madden NFL 22 Last Gen impressions thread

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 22 Last Gen impressions thread within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2021, 04:30 PM   #41
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Madden NFL 22 Last Gen impressions thread

So after giving it a lot of thought, I went ahead and dloaded the trial this morning.
I had read through the NG impressions thread some, and this thread as well, and while it seemed a lot of folks were in agreement about the last gen version, I wanted to see how different it was compared to M21.

Lets just say I'm glad I tried the trial because I totally dig the game so far, it feels like a "cleaner" "smoother" version of last year, which obviously is a good thing.

I am currently playing on AM, as AP is to easy for me, and while getting my sliders dialed in I noticed the game play is a bit different as well, I say that because the sliders I used last year are just a bit different in some values, but no biggie, I don't think it will take long to get them dialed in this year.

Overall, I'm pretty impressed with this version so far, and haven't really noticed anything that sticks out like a sore thumb yet....lol
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2021, 06:27 PM   #42
BRING BACK F2000 HELMET!!

l8knight1's Arena

OVR: 2

I agree with the previous poster. I did not like Madden 21, especially the hesitation on every move and the horrible way tackling looked. Night and day for both. Tackling improved, movement is fun again, the field can be wide open to opportunities to extend plays. Passing and the ability to finally lead receivers down the field is great. Momentum is fantastic. Your not gonna get stopped in your tracks if you have the momentum advantage, every time like in 21. I hope they don’t nerf everything that’s good about this, and while I want a PS5, I can’t find one and I’m not seeing the justification for one for this game. Rayweather had a YT video showing you that the version you will like better will depend on how you like to play. I like last gen player movement and control, passing, and tackling this year on PS4. Just pleasantly surprised. Miss the refs and the Redskins.

Last edited by l8knight1; 08-16-2021 at 06:30 PM.
Old 08-16-2021, 10:19 PM   #43
MVP

OVR: 0

Just played against KC. My starting running back and 3 of my top 4 wide receivers disappeared in the 1st quarter. KC cake out down in the second half and then proceeded to use 2 Wr sets on every play including within two minutes.
Old 08-16-2021, 10:26 PM   #44
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

my time is about done with the trial and I couldn't be happier with where Im at with the game.

I just shut off the trial leading the Eagles in an exhibition game where I was leading 21-14 in the 3rd, I have considered doing a slider thread when it comes time, but not sure how many would be interested with most folks here moving on to NG....lol
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 08-17-2021, 12:46 AM   #45
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kramer5150
my time is about done with the trial and I couldn't be happier with where Im at with the game.

I just shut off the trial leading the Eagles in an exhibition game where I was leading 21-14 in the 3rd, I have considered doing a slider thread when it comes time, but not sure how many would be interested with most folks here moving on to NG....lol
Go ahead and post it. Last gen also includes us PC players.

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2021, 04:08 AM   #46
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

I’m enjoying my time with the trial on PC. I’m pretty sure I’ll be paying the 60 bucks for the standard edition on Friday and continuing my Justin Fields career CFM.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-17-2021, 03:54 PM   #47
Pro

Executor's Arena

OVR: 1

Thank god there are still peoppe playing on last gen and thank y'all for posting your impressions here. I really feel sometimes like I am living on Mars or something.

That said, I will be skipping M22 if last gen does not get the new scouting system / patch.
Marshall Thundering Herd
Los Angeles Dodgers

"Greater than I, lesser than I, what does it matter to my functioning?"
(Steve Perry: Shadows of the Empire)
Old 08-17-2021, 04:40 PM   #48
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan
I’m enjoying my time with the trial on PC. I’m pretty sure I’ll be paying the 60 bucks for the standard edition on Friday and continuing my Justin Fields career CFM.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Did you play Madden 21 on PC? I'm wondering what your enjoying honestly?

Not a knock on your decision at all! I think the scenarios and weekly strategy are worth playing Madden 22....i just don't know about paying $60 (I'm using the Play pro though)

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »