Home

Madden 22 Review (PS5) - Beautiful Chaos

This is a discussion on Madden 22 Review (PS5) - Beautiful Chaos within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2021, 12:08 AM   #33
Rookie

michaelhalljr's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 22 Review - Beautiful Chaos

Impressions are reviews, without scores.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaTownGamer
What is the score? It's more of your impression/opinion rather a review if u are not giving us a score. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from my SM-G998U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-21-2021, 03:34 AM   #34
Rookie

Re: Madden 22 Review (PS5) - Beautiful Chaos

Maybe I’m salty cause I’m a PC player but I really feel EA sucks… The new franchise features to me are just last years features laid out a little different.. like they just took the head coach stuff you could buy and redesigned it across oc’s and dc’s.

The weekly training is just the same with a new face…. Like the actual new features just feel like they took an old car and put a new paint job on it… again maybe I feel this way cause I’m a PC player. After playing NBA 2k21 (which isn’t as good as past nba 2ks) 2k just blows EA out of the water and it’s sad EA is allowed to get away with this cause of the nfl deal.

I wish 2k would come out with a football game without the nfl liscense and let the custom roster people do their thing to kinda bypass the copyright deal.
Old 08-21-2021, 08:05 AM   #35
MVP

No mention of performance mode?

Madden 120fps for the first time ever on consoles and that is not mentioned?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2021, 08:16 AM   #36
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jWILL253
They stopped posting review scores because they didn't want to be part of the "IGN 8/10, 9/10" memes that get posted regarding the lack of integrity of games journalism. Also, by not giving a score, it forces you to read the damn article.

Many sites have taken that approach. Some even have rolling reviews, where the review can be updated with new info in the case of a patch, added content, or some other development for the game.

It needs to be for Madden, because the Scouting update will make or break it this year. If what's delivered is what was promised, all these 6 reviews are going to be jackasses. Not look like, because looking like is subjective. They will be OBJECTIVE jackasses.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Old 08-21-2021, 08:20 AM   #37
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by direfire
Maybe I’m salty cause I’m a PC player but I really feel EA sucks… The new franchise features to me are just last years features laid out a little different.. like they just took the head coach stuff you could buy and redesigned it across oc’s and dc’s.

The weekly training is just the same with a new face…. Like the actual new features just feel like they took an old car and put a new paint job on it… again maybe I feel this way cause I’m a PC player. After playing NBA 2k21 (which isn’t as good as past nba 2ks) 2k just blows EA out of the water and it’s sad EA is allowed to get away with this cause of the nfl deal.

I wish 2k would come out with a football game without the nfl liscense and let the custom roster people do their thing to kinda bypass the copyright deal.
Not sure what's in PC this year, but honestly that's a bit of a ridiculous position, IF PC gets the long term fatigue. This is game changing here, at least on NG. Having to manage practice to keep your players from running down is such a MASSIVE improvement.

Moreover, how is it just a "new face" when the ENTIRE MECHANIC of training the player through drills has been COMPLETELY REMOVED? It is not like ESPN 2K5, where you simply set your practice plan and then simulate it, rather than how it's been in Madden for years where you pick a player and do pointless drills.

Yeah, I don't get your comment here.

UNLESS... unless none of this is for Last Gen (and PC, which inexplicably was not given the Next Gen updates). If that's the case, man, I feel bad for you poor saps who don't have the Next Gen consoles. That said, once the NG version is on PC I'm switching, because PC >> Next Gen consoles.

Old 08-21-2021, 08:22 AM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 5

I mean you can't fault them for rating the game as it's released.

Games do get revisited and re-reviewed when major updates happen because now it's fairly common for games to change a lot post release.

But games also should be judged for how they are at launch.

Also I doubt the scouting update is going to be so revolutionary that it's going to change a 6 to a 10...since it's not going to address the majority of complaints in those reviews.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Old 08-21-2021, 08:32 AM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 5
Has anyone played deep into a season yet to give impressions on the cumulative fatigue? Enjoying the game, yea there are bugs both visual and gameplay wise but those can be ironed out. I was going to wait to start my Dolphins franchise but decided to start . I will probably play 2 seasons before the new scouting is patched in. I usually keep my Miami(fav team) close to the real roster. I’m looking forward to starting *another franchise with a diff team(can’t decide who) with the new scouting features and just make that team my own without worrying about keeping *the roster the same as real life. I will most likely use an NCF team. *In the past I have uses Washington but them not having a name yet will prob annoy me. Maybe go bottom of the barrel and use the Lions, sorry to any Detroit fans out there.
Old 08-21-2021, 08:53 AM   #40
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrp1918
I mean you can't fault them for rating the game as it's released.

Games do get revisited and re-reviewed when major updates happen because now it's fairly common for games to change a lot post release.

But games also should be judged for how they are at launch.

Also I doubt the scouting update is going to be so revolutionary that it's going to change a 6 to a 10...since it's not going to address the majority of complaints in those reviews.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
That's because these people aren't Franchise players. You saw that IGN girl complaining about momentum being too weak (lol), and Face of the Franchise sucking. Franchise players wouldn't even waste time with FotF except to briefly mention it as required of their jobs. She didn't even mention the accumulated fatigue, staffing changes, etc. The word "staff" didn't even appear in that review. A bunch of changes to Franchise aren't even mentioned. Not sure how any of you take these people seriously.

And as pertains to FRANCHISE players, the scouting update is at least worth two points on a review, assuming they deliver what was advertised.

Other forms of gamers, such as MUT players, FotF players, etc, don't count IMHO. Not a big fan of that yoloswag crowd.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »