Home

X-Facors and Superstars over the years

This is a discussion on X-Facors and Superstars over the years within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-26-2021, 01:46 PM   #1
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25
X-Facors and Superstars over the years

Is this something that changes through the years in franchise? I’m really hoping that players become and gain superstar as well as x-factor abilities. And equally important I hope players lose them sometimes on the tail end of their careers.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2021, 01:57 PM   #2
Rookie

Dblock1111's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: X-Facors and Superstars over the years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
Is this something that changes through the years in franchise? I’m really hoping that players become and gain superstar as well as x-factor abilities. And equally important I hope players lose them sometimes on the tail end of their careers.

Do you mean Dev trait Progression/Regression?

If so then yes, I'm pretty sure it's always applied at the superbowl week.
Old 08-26-2021, 02:08 PM   #3
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

OVR: 0

They do change. Players lose them or gain them at the end of seasons. It's a bit random and has little to do with performance. My SS DE finished top 10 in sacks and TFLs and reverted to Star dev after year one.
Old 08-28-2021, 09:25 PM   #4
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
They do change. Players lose them or gain them at the end of seasons. It's a bit random and has little to do with performance. My SS DE finished top 10 in sacks and TFLs and reverted to Star dev after year one.

Well, that’s somewhat disappointing.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 08-28-2021, 10:03 PM   #5
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
Well, that’s somewhat disappointing.

Its based a lot on age when a player loses dev traits. But there are other factors like stats and i think injuries? You can turn off dev trait regression so players never lose them. There's also sliders that you can set to determine how many star, superstar, and xfactors you want in your league.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2021, 10:08 PM   #6
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

End-of-season Dynamic Dev Trait has been in the game for a while now. Progression and regression of dev trait occurs based solely on how a player's individual statistics compare to his peers.

Click here for a breakdown of how it worked in Madden 21 courtesy of Reddit user TheWunderWaffe.

If things have changed from that guide for Madden 22, I haven't seen those documented anywhere yet. I think it is safe to use that guide as a baseline.
Old 08-28-2021, 10:15 PM   #7
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
It's actually not random at all. Based on the data-mined guide published on Reddit (see my previous post), your DE has to rank Top 7 in the weighted average ranking of tackles, TFLs, and sacks among peers at his specific position (LE / RE) to earn or keep Superstar dev trait.
Old 09-10-2021, 11:52 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Wanted to discuss with the community X Factor and SS abilities and thought this would be a good thread to use as there is some good info already here, rather than start a brand new thread.

I'm interested to find out if OS gamers are seeing any abilities that are either overpowered or utterly ineffective?

I remember 2 years ago Madden 20 had an ability (enforcer?) that meant effectively meant Harrison Smith caused a fumble every time he made a tackle. I played as the Vikings once and had 4FF in one half! I mean he is good and all but come on...

As part of his PC mod Sabo had to suggest to everyone to go into Franchise editor and remove the ability as it was so overpowered.

Assuming this year abilities are not too OP then I am tempted to do some serious roster editing and increase the number of SS players across all teams. I like the idea of the extra flavour they bring to potential matchups , play calling and ultimately roster building.

I think in particular more Offensive Linemen SS would mean more interesting chess matches on the OL vs DL side of things.

Obviously XP sliders would need to be adjusted downwards to avoid the league talent spiralling out of control, would also need to edit draft classes to ensure balance etc - so a lot of extra work...

Thanks in advance.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »