Home

Any major differences between Online and Offline Franchise?

This is a discussion on Any major differences between Online and Offline Franchise? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2021, 11:08 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 10
Re: Any major differences between Online and Offline Franchise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Cloud franchises sim week to week faster, do not have the score bug, have the fixed sim stats, receive updates before offline franchise, but do not allow for 32 user control. If you ever lose connection to the servers then you cannot play your cloud franchise.

If you aren't a 32 team control person, I'd say a cloud franchise is generally the way to go.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
So is playing a solo online franchise basically a playable "bug-free, my Madden standards" game? I haven't bought Madden yet but I just picked up a next gen console and have been waiting to see that there aren't franchise killing bugs. The score glitch seemed like the biggest killer from the little I've read.
Old 08-31-2021, 11:54 AM   #10
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty86
So is playing a solo online franchise basically a playable "bug-free, my Madden standards" game? I haven't bought Madden yet but I just picked up a next gen console and have been waiting to see that there aren't franchise killing bugs. The score glitch seemed like the biggest killer from the little I've read.
At the moment, if you're really wanting to play a franchise, then Cloud is the way to go. Like I said before, sim stats are fixed and the score bug does not happen in a Cloud franchise.

That said, there are still other issues with franchise mode that need a patch. Obviously the scouting update is coming out sometime next month and will require a restart, but also the CPU practice logic needs to be tuned as they don't manage the player fatigues properly.

Now, if EA does end up tuning the practice logic, then the Cloud franchise will get that update before an Offline franchise gets it just like a Cloud franchise gets every update before the Offline franchise does because Cloud franchise are just server updates and not patches that need to go through Microsoft/Sony approval process.

― Plato
Old 08-31-2021, 12:25 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
At the moment, if you're really wanting to play a franchise, then Cloud is the way to go. Like I said before, sim stats are fixed and the score bug does not happen in a Cloud franchise.

That said, there are still other issues with franchise mode that need a patch. Obviously the scouting update is coming out sometime next month and will require a restart, but also the CPU practice logic needs to be tuned as they don't manage the player fatigues properly.

Now, if EA does end up tuning the practice logic, then the Cloud franchise will get that update before an Offline franchise gets it just like a Cloud franchise gets every update before the Offline franchise does because Cloud franchise are just server updates and not patches that need to go through Microsoft/Sony approval process.
Thanks for the info! I didn't play much Madden last year but now that I'm on the new gen system I'm getting the itch. But I've learned over the years not to read too much on the forums. Unfortunately with EA games a lot of the time Ignorance is Bliss.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2021, 01:17 PM   #12
Rookie

SkruDe's Arena

OVR: 0

Which roster choice to your choose between for a Cloud Franchise?

What's the difference between the two choices?
Old 08-31-2021, 01:25 PM   #13
Rookie

Dblock1111's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkruDe
Which roster choice to your choose between for a Cloud Franchise?

What's the difference between the two choices?
I think "Active Roster" gives you the choice to run a fantasy draft/uses whichever roster you have set to active (so if you download a custom one you can use that) and the other option "Live Roster?" make you have to play with normal teams as updated by EA.
Old 08-31-2021, 01:31 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 4

Can you make a copy of your cloud franchise ? Just in case it breaks/ freezes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-31-2021, 01:33 PM   #15
Rookie

SkruDe's Arena

OVR: 0

Accidental Double Post.

Last edited by SkruDe; 08-31-2021 at 01:33 PM. Reason: Double Post
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2021, 01:53 PM   #16
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkruDe
Do one of the roster choice options automatically update the rosters within your league without your consent? It's an auto update to match existing NFL rosters at the time?

I would NOT like to play that option. Once the week 1 roster update is live, I'd like to run with that without any outside interference.
No, once you start the CFM there are no EA updates to your rosters in your CFM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »