Home

Madden NFL 22 Adds Campus Legends in Superstar KO Multiplayer Mode

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 22 Adds Campus Legends in Superstar KO Multiplayer Mode within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2021, 08:14 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: MADDEN 22 CAMPUS MODE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
I know NCAA 14 had a fantastic dynasty mode, but the ultimate team modes didn't really take off in popularity until the last 5-10 years. Over time, the more popular the ultimate team modes became the less focus there was on franchise/dynasty modes. This is an obvious statement of course. I'm just simply saying I have extremely low expectations for dynasty mode in EA's next college football title. I imagine the focus will be on the ultimate team mode and making hundreds of millions of dollars through microtransactions.
People often say this, but the shift in those games was pre determined by developers either stripping away a franchise mode of all the features or just removing it. Madden tried removing more and more from franchise to make MUT the go to. One year if anyone remembers they launched franchise without a fantasy draft, which wasn't an accident. They just knew that wouldn't fly and added it back shortly after. If franchises got more attention I think they would be more popular.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2021, 08:30 PM   #26
Hail West Virginia

mtoo22's Arena

OVR: 10

This is just a way to say look! X amount of people play Superstar KO
Old 08-30-2021, 08:43 PM   #27
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyK
People often say this, but the shift in those games was pre determined by developers either stripping away a franchise mode of all the features or just removing it. Madden tried removing more and more from franchise to make MUT the go to. One year if anyone remembers they launched franchise without a fantasy draft, which wasn't an accident. They just knew that wouldn't fly and added it back shortly after. If franchises got more attention I think they would be more popular.
The game you speak of, Madden NFL 13, was the first in the series to feature a complete online franchise mode (as opposed to the bare-bones online leagues introduced in Madden NFL 11). Originally called Connected Careers mode, it is now the base of Cloud Franchise and Face Of The Franchise modes.

A lot of Franchise had to get rebuilt from the ground-up to support the game working online, which is why so many features were lost moving from Madden NFL 12 to Madden NFL 13. Nothing about that enormous technical effort was motivated in any way by Ultimate Team.
Old 08-30-2021, 09:32 PM   #28
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadler
Mode will be revealed on 31/8. Not out.

Do hope a patch is due soon. Offline doesn’t work!
Wait. They are going to inform us that Campus Mode is coming out soon tomorrow, or Campus Mode is coming out tomorrow?

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 08-30-2021, 09:52 PM   #29
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
That's a pretty unrealistic wish, but in a hypothetical world I don't know how well it would do. It would be incredibly jarring to play Madden with all of its next gen features and gameplay and then go back to that wonky infinity engine with the dated gameplay.
I do that right now and it’s not bad. They play different but it would be clear it was a classic game mode and not a modern experience.

It’s unrealistic though because 1) they’re already working on a real college football game and updating 14 to work on a modern console would take a lot of resources and 2) they don’t have the licensing for all the stuff in the game anymore.
Old 08-30-2021, 09:52 PM   #30
Pro

Cory Levy's Arena

OVR: 0

More super realistic game modes being added to the only NFL 'simulation style' game that is allowed to be made I see.

I second the sentiment of questioning who asked for this? People want an authentic college football experience from rivalries to recruiting to the coach carousel, I don't think there's an abundance of people frothing at the bit for a college themed paint job to Superstar KO.

I just don't understand how EA decides to utilize their development team, I really don't.
Old 08-30-2021, 09:55 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Levy
More super realistic game modes being added to the only NFL 'simulation style' game that is allowed to be made I see.

I second the sentiment of questioning who asked for this? People want an authentic college football experience from rivalries to recruiting to the coach carousel, I don't think there's an abundance of people frothing at the bit for a college themed paint job to Superstar KO.

I just don't understand how EA decides to utilize their development team, I really don't.
This may not even be taking up a ton of resources. It could be something they can add relatively easily because they are already working on a new college football game.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2021, 10:00 PM   #32
Pro

Cory Levy's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
This may not even be taking up a ton of resources. It could be something they can add relatively easily because they are already working on a new college football game.
I'd take something they can add relatively easy to Franchise mode over a college paint job for Superstar KO. Like being able to edit assistant coaches or picking who you play in the preseason every year.

Again, the allocation of the development team is my frustration here, not the quality, execution or reception of 'Campus Mode'.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »