Home

If you're able to, switching to Madden on PC is your best bet.

This is a discussion on If you're able to, switching to Madden on PC is your best bet. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-13-2022, 07:23 AM   #41
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: If you're able to, switching to Madden on PC is your best bet.

PC gaming isnt for everyone, especially those that cant afford to keep up.

Thats where I fall in.

Its more financially feasible to spend $500 on a console once every 5-6 years, vs $1500-2000 off the bat for a gaming PC. On top of that changing out the video card every so many years, upgrading the RAM, OS, and peripherals. Sure, not everyone is going to be doing all of that, but if I spend 2k on a pc, its gonna be the best it can be at all times.

Thats what I love about consoles, you buy a game and its guaranteed to work without having to worry about processor, ram and video card.
MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2022, 10:15 AM   #42
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Instant C1a55ic

Thats where I fall in.

Its more financially feasible to spend $500 on a console once every 5-6 years, vs $1500-2000 off the bat for a gaming PC. On top of that changing out the video card every so many years, upgrading the RAM, OS, and peripherals. Sure, not everyone is going to be doing all of that, but if I spend 2k on a pc, its gonna be the best it can be at all times.

Thats what I love about consoles, you buy a game and its guaranteed to work without having to worry about processor, ram and video card.
That's a message right there. lol My lil 2020 Nitro 5 is cool right now. But at some point, it might not like a newer Madden version. Thankfully though, I primarily emulate PS2 LOL
Old 01-13-2022, 10:15 AM   #43
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:

Thats where I fall in.

This is definitely a drawback, but one that I think can often be exaggerated, however, with the current GPU market and overall chip shortages with electronics it's not a good time to build a PC.

Madden, though, is a lightweight game to run and even in the current market a very cheap PC would run it no issue.

That said, I'd only recommend someone go the PC route if they already use a PC routinely, plan to use the PC more often, and/or have multiple games on PC they want to play.

It's hard to advise someone to build a $700 PC if Madden and YouTube is all they'd use it for. Everyone is in a different spot financially, so to some that's not a big purchase and may be worth it. I literally only bought my PS4 for The Show and found it worth it, but to others that is a waste. PC gaming is no different, really. PC's just offer infinitely more options for what you can use them for compared to consoles, obviously, but not everyone has the need for those options.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

― Plato
Old 01-13-2022, 10:18 AM   #44
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

That's where I fall in canes. You bought your PS4 for the Show and I only bought this $700 laptop to emulate PS2 and be portable. I play other stuff like the GTA Trilogy and some RDR2 and Madden but that's not why I bought the machine. If i'm not playing a game on it, it's typically powered down. I youtube and all that other stuff on my iPhone, iPad or my MacBook.
Old 01-13-2022, 10:30 AM   #45

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
This is definitely a drawback, but one that I think can often be exaggerated, however, with the current GPU market and overall chip shortages with electronics it's not a good time to build a PC.

Madden, though, is a lightweight game to run and even in the current market a very cheap PC would run it no issue.

That said, I'd only recommend someone go the PC route if they already use a PC routinely, plan to use the PC more often, and/or have multiple games on PC they want to play.

It's hard to advise someone to build a $700 PC if Madden and YouTube is all they'd use it for. Everyone is in a different spot financially, so to some that's not a big purchase and may be worth it. I literally only bought my PS4 for The Show and found it worth it, but to others that is a waste. PC gaming is no different, really. PC's just offer infinitely more options for what you can use them for compared to consoles, obviously, but not everyone has the need for those options.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Understandable, however if I am going to put down a decent chunk of change for a gaming PC, it wont be JUST for Madden.

I would find an excuse to get PC exclusive games as well as others, and just like everyone else I would want them to look their absolute best.

I had a gaming PC a few years ago, and mainly used it for RTS games. Once I opted to get in AAA games, I found out my PC couldnt handle it. I spent 1300 on the pc, and after year one I already had to upgrade stuff. My fault for not buying the best off the bat? Probably. But I just stick to my guns and do consoles.
2022 Clark Cup Champions
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2022, 08:45 PM   #46
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
I been getting a lot of penalties called. Mostly false starts, holding, and offsides. But have seen a few facemasks and PI.

Not a like 10 a game, but way more than the consoles versions are getting.
You can increase/decrease the variance to your liking as well very easily using the editor.

Playing:
Old 01-14-2022, 01:48 PM   #47
Rookie

PunkMonk's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:

Thats where I fall in.

Hence the start of the thread title.. "If you're able to,.."

If I build a $2000 PC it'll definitely be lasting me 10 years. I still have a 2009 iMac in my house. Have you looked at the minimum specs it takes to run Madden? I don't think they even make that stuff anymore. The recommended graphics card for Madden came out in 2012. A PC is more than just for gaming. It offers real-life functionality and is an actual tool that can make you money. Sorry, but your console isn't going to make you a dime. You aren't going to write a report on it. You aren't sending emails. You aren't taking online classes on it. You can't edit photos or videos on it. You don't have dual, triple, or whatever monitor options. I could buy a used gaming PC RIGHT NOW for $500 if I just wanted it for gaming and be just fine. I actually built two PCs for the kids of my friends last X-mas for $600 and they enjoy the heck out of it. PCs are investments, consoles are liabilities. I'd much rather my kid learn the functionality of a computer and its infinite capabilities rather than them just learning to press the power-on button.
Old 01-14-2022, 02:09 PM   #48

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkMonk
Hence the start of the thread title.. "If you're able to,.."

If I build a $2000 PC it'll definitely be lasting me 10 years. I still have a 2009 iMac in my house. Have you looked at the minimum specs it takes to run Madden? I don't think they even make that stuff anymore. The recommended graphics card for Madden came out in 2012. A PC is more than just for gaming. It offers real-life functionality and is an actual tool that can make you money. Sorry, but your console isn't going to make you a dime. You aren't going to write a report on it. You aren't sending emails. You aren't taking online classes on it. You can't edit photos or videos on it. You don't have dual, triple, or whatever monitor options. I could buy a used gaming PC RIGHT NOW for $500 if I just wanted it for gaming and be just fine. I actually built two PCs for the kids of my friends last X-mas for $600 and they enjoy the heck out of it. PCs are investments, consoles are liabilities. I'd much rather my kid learn the functionality of a computer and its infinite capabilities rather than them just learning to press the power-on button.
And this is the reason why I don't like PC gamers.

I'm glad you found your way of doing things. I said my peace, didn't jab at PC gaming except the price.

Sent from my SM-F916U using Operation Sports mobile app
2022 Clark Cup Champions

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »