Home

Some New Info For Madden 23

This is a discussion on Some New Info For Madden 23 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-10-2022, 03:51 PM   #57
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Some New Info For Madden 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Accessibility options are good, actually.

Not everyone who plays Madden is similarly abled to you, and you don’t have to use this feature yourself. It’d be cool if we could all drop the gate keeping and welcome more people into Madden.

I can’t imagine online head-to-head will possibly allow this anyway, it feels like an obvious point for desyncs to occur.
If everyone was as similarly abled as me, we'd still have a slow speed setting and PRO would be the preferred difficulty setting. I play on All-Pro, but I'm probably mediocre, at best.

I agree, options are good, and it's hard to imagine online head-to-head allowing such feature(s). I'd like to believe that there will be options to turn all this stuff off, and the screen shot looks like there is, but last year they gave us HFA/Momentum with no option to turn it off, so we'll see.

Hopefully they're also able to spend dev time fixing/tweaking HFA/Momentum, the scouting update, the coaching carousel and skills tree, progression/regression, etc.

Appreciate the response.
Old 04-10-2022, 04:18 PM   #58
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey_Osprey
If everyone was as similarly abled as me, we'd still have a slow speed setting and PRO would be the preferred difficulty setting. I play on All-Pro, but I'm probably mediocre, at best.

I agree, options are good, and it's hard to imagine online head-to-head allowing such feature(s). I'd like to believe that there will be options to turn all this stuff off, and the screen shot looks like there is, but last year they gave us HFA/Momentum with no option to turn it off, so we'll see.

Hopefully they're also able to spend dev time fixing/tweaking HFA/Momentum, the scouting update, the coaching carousel and skills tree, progression/regression, etc.

Appreciate the response.

They could easily not do so because of some edict from a suit or two, but all of these things need a lot of tuning.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 04-10-2022, 07:24 PM   #59
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Did we ever get an explanation for why the last advanced passing system got removed from the game?

Also tackle battles.... lol, seriously ea?
Old 04-10-2022, 07:32 PM   #60
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
Did we ever get an explanation for why the last advanced passing system got removed from the game?

Also tackle battles.... lol, seriously ea?

Not that I recall. However, I think it was clear by how mechanically buried in M18 the target passing system was that it was obviously more a not-ready-for-prime-time experiment which EA themselves weren’t fully confident in as it existed and less a fully-fleshed-out alternative passing control paradigm. A worthy experiment which probably helped to inform this upcoming updated and iterated control scheme, but an experiment nevertheless.

I honestly had no objections with target passing getting pulled from M19, it was far too hard to use effectively IMO.
Old 04-10-2022, 07:33 PM   #61
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Target Passing- It was meant to give elite Madden players more control, but the extra second spent aiming the pass tended to result in a sack. The awkwardness of the Target Passing made it unpopular with players of all stripes, leading EA to drop the feature for Madden 19.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2022, 02:07 AM   #62
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Appears like the passing game and tackling game is becoming more in the sim area.

Tackle battle mini game, not so much.

I hope the passing game and tackling game are as advertised vs how the game is delivered.

https://www.sportsgamersonline.com/g...-to-madden-23/
Have to be one of the few people that actually like the cone...not so much Target passing though.
Old 04-11-2022, 07:24 AM   #63
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

I know it’s been hotly debated, but give me the vision come with improvements. Anything that takes players ratings into account and makes it more difficult (for HUM and CPU) is welcome. I want to feel a huge difference between elite and backup

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Old 04-11-2022, 09:56 AM   #64
Pro

Cory Levy's Arena

More physics based tackling sounds great, button mashing tackle battles sounds lame, a "new" target passing system sounds like it could go either way so eh.

Sounds like big back of the box features and if that's where the hype will lie, most likely another mediocre Madden year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »