Home

Madden 23 Gameplay & Franchise Improvements by GameInformer

This is a discussion on Madden 23 Gameplay & Franchise Improvements by GameInformer within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-02-2022, 10:43 AM   #1
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Madden 23 Gameplay & Franchise Improvements by GameInformer

https://www.gameinformer.com/2022/06...-mode-and-more
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2022, 10:47 AM   #2
Armchair GM

TecmoZack's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Madden 23 Gameplay & Franchise Improvements by GameInformer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
"Physics dictate how tackles play out"

One sentence later

"devs have added 3500 new tackle animations"

Does sound improved. Signed up for the beta so will hopefully get a good feel.

On the Xbox - xPonchoChief
Old 06-02-2022, 10:52 AM   #3
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

OVR: 0

"One approach we took this year that is slightly different than what we did year over year is we took a pretty big pause after launching Madden 22"

No duh. Not communicating at all with players, releasing a bugged scouting update, and delivering 2 of the 3 Franchise updates months after the season ended made that very clear.
Old 06-02-2022, 10:52 AM   #4
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by TecmoZack
"Physics dictate how tackles play out"

One sentence later

"devs have added 3500 new tackle animations"

Does sound improved. Signed up for the beta so will hopefully get a good feel.
Those statements are not in opposition. Physics dictate how a tackle plays out, that does NOT mean "procedurally generated animations." It means if my player has certain size, weight, and speed and crashes into a smaller player who is at standstill, then those physics will dictate the outcome of that interaction. Meaning, an animation that will accurately depict the outcome.

This would be in opposition to a 5'9" corner standing still and driving backwards a massive RB who had a full head of steam because of the animation that was chosen to play out.
Old 06-02-2022, 10:58 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
"One approach we took this year that is slightly different than what we did year over year is we took a pretty big pause after launching Madden 22"

No duh. Not communicating at all with players, releasing a bugged scouting update, and delivering 2 of the 3 Franchise updates months after the season ended made that very clear.
This just reads as excuse making to me. Madden is supposed to be a live service. They market it as that, constantly talk about it. Then to explain why last year was disappointing they tell us they took a pause after release that they normally wouldn't.

Yea, no. EA has excuses every year as to why they constantly fail to meet even the modest if expectations. It's a company with major issues right now. It isn't an issue exclusive to Madden. Look at how man IPs and companies EA has essentially killed off.

Madden won't die because that NFL Shield automatically buys them millions of consumers annually, so it has that going for it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2022, 10:59 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
Those statements are not in opposition. Physics dictate how a tackle plays out, that does NOT mean "procedurally generated animations." It means if my player has certain size, weight, and speed and crashes into a smaller player who is at standstill, then those physics will dictate the outcome of that interaction. Meaning, an animation that will accurately depict the outcome.

This would be in opposition to a 5'9" corner standing still and driving backwards a massive RB who had a full head of steam because of the animation that was chosen to play out.
Think 2k, NFL or NBA. Full of animations, but they're all physics driven and it's why the games make sense visually.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

― Plato
Old 06-02-2022, 11:02 AM   #7
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

OVR: 0

Their "we added 3500 new animations to the game" line is something everyone needs to sit back and think about before being impressed by their big numbers. FIFA did the same thing last year adding 4,000 animations and creating a system that could (apparently) create new animations on the fly lol... I play a stupid amount of FIFA every year and I have not seen where those 4,000 animations make the game feels noticeably different from the previous game.

Maybe Madden will be different. Hopefully. But I'm gonna wait for the beta before buying into this big number nonsense.
Old 06-02-2022, 11:04 AM   #8
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

I appreciate the comment from them stating they did some searching for feedback. Of course, everyone here is going to give a collective "duh." But I don't want to discourage their actions for looking at forums for feedback.

Everything, as always, sounds promising and nice. Of course, my question is: "which features are only next-gen?" Is FieldSense going to be part of PC? My guess is no.

Edit: Found my own answer: "the all-new FieldSENSE™ Gameplay System is changing the foundation of Madden gameplay, only on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S versions, if you haven’t already checked that out."

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »