Home

DB's Madden 11 Sliders

This is a discussion on DB's Madden 11 Sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2010, 06:57 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: DB's Madden 11 Sliders

oh dear oh dear oh dear.

These sliders are so right that im going stop playing untill there is a patch cos its depressing. It just plays so right but you get done over by stupid QB cannot take it if you rush properly and go to sack him.

Just played the 49ers.

Alex Smith robo QB threw an 80yrd bomb WHILST! fallen backwards during a sack on the 1st play of the game

He throws for 450 yrds. when i repeat when has he done that.
Old 08-19-2010, 01:12 AM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewBledsoe
You're not finding that the cpu receivers are breaking tackles all over the place are you?
I haven't seen any receivers break a tackle yet in two games. Turner tends to cause me some problems, but he's a back that should be able to do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roncatto
oh dear oh dear oh dear.

These sliders are so right that im going stop playing untill there is a patch cos its depressing. It just plays so right but you get done over by stupid QB cannot take it if you rush properly and go to sack him.

Just played the 49ers.

Alex Smith robo QB threw an 80yrd bomb WHILST! fallen backwards during a sack on the 1st play of the game

He throws for 450 yrds. when i repeat when has he done that.
If it happens to you every game then I'd be concerned, but you have to keep in mind that some times the impossible does happen. Some games I get pressure (my last game I had 3 sacks) and other games I get nothing. That's how the NFL cookie crumbles though.

I'll be up in the morning trying to get a couple more games in.
Old 08-19-2010, 10:05 AM   #35
MVP

cable guy's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by -hush-
I haven't seen any receivers break a tackle yet in two games. Turner tends to cause me some problems, but he's a back that should be able to do that.

If it happens to you every game then I'd be concerned, but you have to keep in mind that some times the impossible does happen. Some games I get pressure (my last game I had 3 sacks) and other games I get nothing. That's how the NFL cookie crumbles though.

I'll be up in the morning trying to get a couple more games in.
Yep, It happenned to me last night.

Totally shut down Kevin Kolb with my Cowboys.

He had 300 + yards in the first half last game. Lets just say he was no where that close last night.

He had 268 for the game and 96 of it was by Jackson on a short pass outside, and a missed tackle late in the game. It was also clearly my fault, blitzing late in the game with a big lead, leaving one on one coverage. But I was having so much fun beating him up, with 8 sacks!(I do not usually get that many).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2010, 01:46 PM   #36
Rookie

Played my third game this morning and had a pretty good result. One thing I did change was my game time. I went from 15 min with accelerated clock at 20 second run off to 7 min with no accelerated clock. I was reading in another thread that turning it off would help with the CPU hiking the ball so fast. Yeah, not so much. I still barely had any time to make adjustments on defense.

NCAA Scoreboard - Falcons () at Bears ()
, 1234F
Falcons373013
Bears3200629
Top Performers
Falcons - Stats
Bears - Stats
Team Stats Comparison
ATLCHI
First Downs1212
3rd Down Efficiency
4th Down Efficiency
Total Yards291313
Passing Yards264199
Rushing Yards27114
Penalties-Penalty Yards
Turnovers
Time of Possession12:1615:44
Falcons
PassingC/ATTYDSTDINT
J.Cutler15/2321520
RushingATTYDSAVGTD
M.Forte251134.50
ReceivingRECYDSAVGTD
G.Olsen387290
D.Hester34615.31
J.Knox228141
DefenseTKLSACKINTTD
M.Anderson1100
D.Moore1100
C.Graham4100
Bears
PassingC/ATTYDSTDINT
M.Ryan19/3728310
RushingATTYDSAVGTD
M.Turner13282.10
ReceivingRECYDSAVGTD
R.White615325.51
H.Douglas56613.20
DefenseTKLSACKINTTD
J.Abraham4200

The running game on both sides was pretty bad all game until I broke a 70 yard run in the 4th quarter. My running stats would have been much worse. All in all the game felt pretty good and while I did win by a good bit, there were a couple of freak plays in there like a fumble down on their 10 that got me ahead a bit.

Won't have time for another game until probably tomorrow night.
Old 08-19-2010, 01:48 PM   #37
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cable guy
Yep, It happenned to me last night.

Totally shut down Kevin Kolb with my Cowboys.

He had 300 + yards in the first half last game. Lets just say he was no where that close last night.

He had 268 for the game and 96 of it was by Jackson on a short pass outside, and a missed tackle late in the game. It was also clearly my fault, blitzing late in the game with a big lead, leaving one on one coverage. But I was having so much fun beating him up, with 8 sacks!(I do not usually get that many).
Strange because that's almost identical to what happened to me with Matt Ryan. He blew me up the first game and then I shut him down the second. Third game he did OK but they were using a lot of 4 and 5 receiver sets so I was giving up a lot of short yardage plays underneath while protecting the deep ball.
Old 08-19-2010, 03:09 PM   #38
Pro

OVR: 8

Thanks for the reports guys

The time I thought I'd have for testing today has disappeared, and I'm out on a longish trip tomorrow. Weekend will be good to get more testing in though, but no tweaks from me until late Sat at earliest.
Old 08-19-2010, 05:35 PM   #39
MVP

cable guy's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by -hush-
Strange because that's almost identical to what happened to me with Matt Ryan. He blew me up the first game and then I shut him down the second. Third game he did OK but they were using a lot of 4 and 5 receiver sets so I was giving up a lot of short yardage plays underneath while protecting the deep ball.
I am going to play against the Eagles at least 1 more time probably 2.

Then I will play 3 against the Saints to see if there is a big difference as well.
Old 08-19-2010, 11:28 PM   #40
Rookie

Any team suggestions for my next 5 games after I'm done with Bears/Falcons?

I was thinking of going with an unbalanced match up this time. Maybe something like Rams and Cowboys? See what kind of offense I can get with a bad team against a top notch defense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »