Home

DB's Madden 11 Sliders

This is a discussion on DB's Madden 11 Sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2010, 08:20 PM   #65
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: DB's Madden 11 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by highheatkingsb
Hey DB, loved your sliders from before and will try these out this year. I like to play with a no-switch defense using the safety, so I'll give them a run.
Let me know what you think.
Quote:
Originally Posted by -hush-
Played my first game with the Rams up against the Ravens. This is with the updated sliders as well.

NCAA Scoreboard - Ravens () at Rams ()
, 1234F
Ravens0014620
Rams4163329
Top Performers
Ravens - Stats

Rams - Stats

Team Stats Comparison

BALSTL
First Downs2019
3rd Down Efficiency25%41%
4th Down Efficiency100%0%
Total Yards407349
Passing Yards273259
Rushing Yards13490
Penalties-Penalty Yards

Turnovers20
Time of Possession21:5438:06
Ravens
PassingC/ATTYDSTDINT
S.Bradford21/3728210
RushingATTYDSAVGTD
S.Jackson25873.40
K.Darby551.01
ReceivingRECYDSAVGTD
M.Gilyard58517.01
S.Jackson5499.80
DefenseTKLSACKINTTD
J.Laurinaitis71

B.Carpenter71

J.Murphy41

H.Davis11

F.Robbins31

Rams
PassingC/ATTYDSTDINT
J.Flacco18/3230810
RushingATTYDSAVGTD
R.Rice241385.70
W.McGahee310.31
ReceivingRECYDSAVGTD
T.Heap47619.00
M.Clayton46416.00
DefenseTKLSACKINTTD
K.Gregg11

T.Suggs41

T.Pryce71

As you can see they ran pretty well on me. Rice was breaking some tackles, but I'm OK with that because he's a power back and the Rams defense isn't top notch. I had a hard time running the ball but I think most of that comes from my trying to run plays I know don't work well in Madden. My passing game was good in the first half because I focussed on the run but when they started to catch up in the second half it forced me to make some bad throws and ended up with a lot of three and outs.

It was a fun game with how well they came back in the second half, but I feel like I still had a bit to easy of a time against what is supposed to be a pretty high powered offense this year. Their defense seemed spot on though with stopping the run but being weaker against the pass.

On a side note, Sam Bradford has an AMAZING throwing motion. It's lightening fast.
I'm hoping maybe with the patches, the human pass D can be toned down...as it is you eventually gave up 273 yards passing, which is FAR more than any team should do on an average basis...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2010, 11:26 PM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 3

I agree, they did make a come back and ended with some decent yards. I just think with a Rams "D" to go against they would have done better. Boldin didn't have a single catch!

I'll be playing a lot tomorrow night and Sat so hopefully I can get some different match ups in as well.
Old 09-02-2010, 01:26 PM   #67
Pro

Haven't had much time for Madden recently. Did play a few more test games against the Falcons, and they played ok (but probably too easy if I was more practiced). I like how the D plays, but my O was a bit too powerful.

With some kind of patch due in the next week or so (it seems), don't see much point tinkering till then.

Comments and thoughts of course still welcome
Old 09-02-2010, 04:44 PM   #68
Banned

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewBledsoe
Posted tweaks in 1st post. Human RunBlk, Int, Pass Rush and Run React lowered, Cpu BrkTkl and Run Blk increased.
I like what im seeing with these but me and the cpu have little run game except when the D is in pass defense and just too many minus runs for them .
But other than that im enjoying them so DB what can I switch to make the Hu/cpu game more successful without wrecking the game .
Thanks
Old 09-02-2010, 05:01 PM   #69
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorismary
I like what im seeing with these but me and the cpu have little run game except when the D is in pass defense and just too many minus runs for them .
But other than that im enjoying them so DB what can I switch to make the Hu/cpu game more successful without wrecking the game .
Thanks
You can try lowering run reaction time and/or Blk Shed. I wouldn't touch BrkTkl as this can a) make ALL Ball Carriers too un-tacklable, and result in too many big plays b) actually have backs breaking tackles (all the time)in the backfield, bouncing backwards and LOSING more yards as a result of such.

I've found that with sliders as they are, the cpu will generally get around 100 yds rushing PG (some games only 60 the next 140), and as a good rushing team (Jets) I average 125 or so PG. If the Cpu is stuffing the box, I audible out of runs to quick or deep passes quite often. This actually seems to help this year.
Old 09-03-2010, 01:14 AM   #70
Pro

You know, as much as I HATE to dictate what the ai does, this mad blitzing it does when you have a sniff of a lead HAS to stop. It's insane. Been playing against Atlanta for lots of test games (got some slightly better sliders will add tomorrow)...and it's just crazy. What they have been doing game after game after game on first down,(when I have a lead), is bring everyone to the LOS. EVERYONE, sometimes minus one safety. And it's not like they are stacking the line. They move the safeties and OLBs really wide, which basically means with any rush, that if you can block the MLB and /or make the 1 safety miss, it's a TD every time.

I had 327 yds rushing in a game which was just 10-6 to me late in the 3rd Q, when I only had around 90 at that point. Insanity. The only possible cure that I have, is making a D Gameplan for every single team, and forcing the ai to use it, taking out ALL the 7 and 8 man blitzes (or at least making the 7 man ones rare-not a standard first down call). But that is a horrible amount of work, and there should be no such thing as a "standard" gameplan, it defeats the object of a gameplan. It should vary considerably week to week, depending upon opponent, etc.

Btw, its NOT the Falcons in particular, EVERY cpu opponent does the same when behind, especially if you're running even moderately well. And I HATE the idea of gameflow in its basic concept. I'M the coach. I call the plays how I see fit (and try to play even more realistically than some very basic algorithms).

Bah....very, very cheesed off again guys....
Old 09-03-2010, 10:48 AM   #71
Pro

Less annoyed after sleeping

Posted changes in 1st post- Cpu rushing better, human rushing slightly worse, human Passing slightly worse. FG less accurate, ALL penalty sliders reworked (they were a rough draft before).

Comments welcome as always.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2010, 12:11 PM   #72
Veteran

db56's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewBledsoe
You know, as much as I HATE to dictate what the ai does, this mad blitzing it does when you have a sniff of a lead HAS to stop. It's insane. Been playing against Atlanta for lots of test games (got some slightly better sliders will add tomorrow)...and it's just crazy. What they have been doing game after game after game on first down,(when I have a lead), is bring everyone to the LOS. EVERYONE, sometimes minus one safety. And it's not like they are stacking the line. They move the safeties and OLBs really wide, which basically means with any rush, that if you can block the MLB and /or make the 1 safety miss, it's a TD every time.

I had 327 yds rushing in a game which was just 10-6 to me late in the 3rd Q, when I only had around 90 at that point. Insanity. The only possible cure that I have, is making a D Gameplan for every single team, and forcing the ai to use it, taking out ALL the 7 and 8 man blitzes (or at least making the 7 man ones rare-not a standard first down call). But that is a horrible amount of work, and there should be no such thing as a "standard" gameplan, it defeats the object of a gameplan. It should vary considerably week to week, depending upon opponent, etc.

Btw, its NOT the Falcons in particular, EVERY cpu opponent does the same when behind, especially if you're running even moderately well. And I HATE the idea of gameflow in its basic concept. I'M the coach. I call the plays how I see fit (and try to play even more realistically than some very basic algorithms).

Bah....very, very cheesed off again guys....
understand completely dude, lol! I pulled out the coaching scheme sliders you posted from Madden 10 and rolled with those for 11. it seems to help cut down on the nano blitzing by the cpu and it doesnt take 10 hours to create gameplans.

I played with the sliders and coaching schemes you posted for 10 and played a few seasons with them and liked them a lot, helped the game tremendously. idk, just cant seem to get into the slider groove this year, anyway, I'm going to try these out soon, thanks for your work, dude...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »