Home

EA could be in trouble

This is a discussion on EA could be in trouble within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-22-2005, 02:56 AM   #25
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: EA could be in trouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawgcityClev
You have a TON of angry ESPN Football fans forced to try Madden. Some even hoped for an NFL Blitz return.
Well, Midway is making a football game this year, similar to blitz, with storylines simliar to the ones found on the ESPN show Playmakers. Take two will supposedly be putting a game out too. I agree that having a monopoly on a market is a bad thing. Look what happened to the video game industry back in the early 80's when Atari was the main thing. The video game industry went to crap. Theres tons of competition out there right now and look at it, its booming. Hell, most ppl i know own madden and ESPN, including myself. Both games have their flaws, it just comes down to preference. As much as Madden has been a 'roster update' the past couple years, you cant say that 06 will be the same way. We still have over 4 months til it drops. Personally, I dont know if im gonna be playing madden 06, im getting way too much enjoyment out of my baseball games. I tell ya what, if the price shoots up dramatically (it may due to the hefty cost of licensing), I'll wait til someone gets it for me for xmas.

Oh, and EA should be fine, considering they bought out criterion. That gives them the ability to license out Renderware, which is used in about 1/4 of the games out there. So basically they're gettin cuts of the competition too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2005, 05:36 AM   #26
Rookie

Volman's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRBoom
Gaining a "fanbase" is the least of EA's concerns when it comes to their Madden title. It's already well in place. Last I checked, what Take 2 and VC have been trying to do for the past 3 years is catch up to Madden in terms of fanbase.
you are 100% right. I could not have said it better my self!
Old 03-22-2005, 08:40 AM   #27
Banned

Grandmaster1's Arena

OVR: 3

This guys spews the same garbage over at the ign boards.
Old 03-22-2005, 08:44 AM   #28
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

I stopped reading his post at "if EA releases another mockery as they did with Madden 2005." It was about that point I realized he was another deluded ESPN fanboy trying to start a flame war. Speaking of which, ever notice that just about any post that starts with "not trying to start a flame war" usually is doing just that? LOL!!
Old 03-22-2005, 08:45 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 2

I thought EA was going to be making an NFL sim baller and manager game to sell also (probably next year)? I suppose we'll hear about it at E3 if theres anything....
I'm looking forward to seeing whatever sim game they've come up with is like...

I think that EA and 2K games had to have shown some exceptional next-gen
stuff to have gotten the exclusive licenses (nfl and mlb respectively)
... I'm really excited about next-gen madden and I think they are going to address a lot of the naysayers and step it up...

oh well... I've finally started to move past the whole EA/Take2 thing....
now I'm just ready to see what they've got.
Old 03-22-2005, 01:43 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 1

Paraphrasing here, but the best line in the entire thread is this one, reagarding playing a generic football game from Take Two: "I can handle fake players, I just want realism."

That is a classic line.

Also, have to say, have been posting here for about 6 months, reading for longer than that, and quietcool's page 1 post was one of the most succinct and intelligent things I have read. If you are truly and ESPN fan then maybe I am wrong about every single one of them on these boards being totally and inconceivably irrational.

PhilC

Last edited by PhilCrenshaw; 03-22-2005 at 01:47 PM.
Old 03-22-2005, 03:51 PM   #31
Pro

OVR: 8

I wonder why a Admin hasn't stepped in yet?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2005, 06:00 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawgcityClev
This is not to start some silly flame war, but this is what I see happening.
Yea, right. Why do people use a disclaimer at the beginning when they know its going to start controversy...lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »