Home

EA could be in trouble

This is a discussion on EA could be in trouble within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-21-2005, 03:15 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 1
Angry EA could be in trouble

This is not to start some silly flame war, but this is what I see happening.

Only one football title to be released this year. Other than that silly NCAA Football, which has the same horrid gameplay as Madden. Now this is what's gonna happen.

You have a TON of angry ESPN Football fans forced to try Madden. Some even hoped for an NFL Blitz return. And an even smaller fanbase had eyes for a return of NFL Gameday. In order for EA to regain this fanbase, it has to do what Take 2 and VC has done the past 3 years.. ( give in to the fans, and create quality titles). Give them what they want. However, EA Sports is not into giving you anything. They are about money, and silliness to get by. EA knows that it's the most popular title, so it doesn't have to put forth efforts like the other Companies had to do to gain recognition. Which resulted in a strong, and arguably still, best title on the market in ESPN Football.

It's a different ballgame now, as all eyes are on Madden 2006. Every Madden Forum on the net is going to be at war, if EA releases another mockery as they did with Madden 2005. And I feel they will start to lose credibility if they DO NOT produce a quality title this year. Gaming fans will bash them beyond belief, rather than submit to the Madden Franchise again. I feel it's a lot of pressure on them. A great competitor is gone now, leaving EA Sports to make one hell of a football game, or not gaining ANYONE else to it's market. And therefore, losing more trust from hardcore gamers. Because eventually, the kids who claim it's so great still, yet have tons and tons of complaints and wishes for it to get better, will finally realize that EA is just not what they make themselves out to be.

I for one cannot wait until May, for E3 Week to see what lies ahead. I'm not hyped for Madden, not impressed by it's last 3 releases, and DO NOT feel EA is putting forth the effort right now to please the lost fanbase of the other titles. We will soon see.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2005, 06:37 AM   #2
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: EA could be in trouble

As soon as you said "Only one football title to be released this year. Other than that silly NCAA Football, which has the same horrid gameplay as Madden," I knew this wasn't going to be good.

You said the same stuff everyone has been saying for months since the deal... it's worn out... we all know what's going on.
Old 03-21-2005, 06:59 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
In order for EA to regain this fanbase, it has to do what Take 2 and VC has done the past 3 years
Gaining a "fanbase" is the least of EA's concerns when it comes to their Madden title. It's already well in place. Last I checked, what Take 2 and VC have been trying to do for the past 3 years is catch up to Madden in terms of fanbase.

Last edited by PRBoomdelete; 03-21-2005 at 07:02 AM.
Old 03-21-2005, 10:58 AM   #4
MVP

HitDoctor's Arena

OVR: 13

I, for one, can sit tight and play the current offerings until EA gets it right. With a new HDTV, component connections, 30 year franchise for madden 2005 and 120 year franchise for MVP, I can truly wait this out and let everyone else beta test.
Old 03-21-2005, 12:33 PM   #5
Banned

Well HitDoctor, looks like you're the ONLY one enjoying Madden 05, because everyone else hates it. Including the liars who claim it's so great, but hypoctrically write essays on it's faults and glitches. Yep you go right ahead and play 120 years worth of Franchise there guy. MVP? Are you kidding me? Cartoon Baseball is plaeyed out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2005, 12:50 PM   #6
Rookie

You know what the best part about this thread was? When HitDoctor forced you guys to play Madden 2005 and MVP against your will.... no wait, that didn't happen.

Quit your bitching about your game being gone and move on with your life. If someone wants to play Madden 2005 and say it is the greatest video game in the history of mankind, they are allowed to do so. If you don't think so you need to get over yourself.

PhilC
Old 03-21-2005, 12:53 PM   #7
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Hitdoctor isn't the only person enjoying Madden, he's just the only person to rise to your troll-bait.

Your agenda in starting this thread was so obvious that most people took one look and just kept on going.
Old 03-21-2005, 01:30 PM   #8
Pro

quietcool72's Arena

OVR: 10

Its a simple case of buy, or do not buy. What good is complaining if nobody cares? Even fellow complainers will eventually get bored with all the complaining.

We are seeing a phenomenon here. I call it the "Funeral Phenominon". The dead man is more prone to be remembered fondly at his own funeral, and his flaws overlooked.

Such is the case with NFL 2K5.

Because it is dead, it has been "martyred." Its die-hard followers judge it not for the also-flawed game that it was, but rather assume that the next iteration would have been a study in perfection. In their own minds, 2K6 would have had no problems, none of the usual playtesting debacles, all of the defensive commands working, no glitches, perfect franchise, realistic trades, brand new playbooks (this after 4 years of the same), as well as a hyper realism mode that would have SURELY been instituted in their now dead product.

And guess what- Madden fans would have done the same thing and had the same notions about what "could have been" in Madden 2006 if 2K/Sega would have outbid their game.

Its all rather comical.

It all comes down to two kids on a playground singing "Mine's better than yours... la ...la-la-la la!". Except one has a product, and one now has vaporware along with an ASSUMPTION that it "would have been perfect if given another year."

If some of you ***** guys were willing to step outside yourselves and listen to how you sound during this whole debate, you'd have to laugh at yourselves.

Rent Madden 2006, then judge it on its merits or lack of merits. If you don't like it, don't buy it, play ESPN NFL 2K5 for the rest of your life, and cheers to you. The fate of the universe is not in the balance. Make your decision, whatever that decision is, and live with it. We don't need re-affirmed of anyone's decision or their anger with every post. We get it already.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »