Home

Madden 09: Tackling Engine Blog & Video

This is a discussion on Madden 09: Tackling Engine Blog & Video within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-15-2008, 07:09 AM   #65
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: New Blog And Video (Tackling Engine)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
Maybe in 1 on 1 situations, but the video clearly shows the phenomena remains in 2 or more vs 1 situations. About a quarter through, Jacobs is down the sideline and a Pats defender takes out his legs, while the other is knocked over like a bowling pin.
Not really. The second Pats defender (#27) fell down because Jacobs flipped over and collided with him on the way down. The "grenade explosion" animation we are talking about is the one where a defender goes flying for no apparent reason.

Last edited by coogrfan; 05-15-2008 at 07:17 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2008, 07:22 AM   #66
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
Not really. The second Pats defender (#27) fell down because Jacobs flipped over and collided with him on the way down. The "grenade explosion" animation we are talking about is the one where a defender goes flying for no apparent reason.
My post was in response to them fixing 1 on 1 situations where defender and ball carrier just run into each other without any real animation. They may have fixed that, but it clearly still remains for other defenders. It didn't look right for that situation, at the least they could make these extra defenders lead in with their shoulder and bounce off or miss entirely. It just so lazy and stupid to have a defender run into a tackle like that. Reminds me of cheap C grade karate movies where the bad guys just run in with no intent to really fight and fly off in some random direction.
Old 05-15-2008, 07:29 AM   #67
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
My post was in response to them fixing 1 on 1 situations where defender and ball carrier just run into each other without any real animation. They may have fixed that, but it clearly still remains for other defenders. It didn't look right for that situation, at the least they could make these extra defenders lead in with their shoulder and bounce off or miss entirely. It just so lazy and stupid to have a defender run into a tackle like that. Reminds me of cheap C grade karate movies where the bad guys just run in with no intent to really fight and fly off in some random direction.

ha great analogy
Old 05-15-2008, 08:03 AM   #68
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: Madden 09: Tackling Engine Blog & Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briankingsfan
I don't think the game sucks, per se. It's more that when they do something good it just tends to show the warts that much more. And with seeing how many other games this gen showing such advances, Madden looks more and more dated. And then the glitched and bugs start to show up after release. That's when the mud starts to fly. If you can't make it "new" at least don't send it broken!!!!
Great points!

I honestly don't see any "earth-shattering" difference between this video and 08'? If this is considered one of their biggest improvements for 09' I'd say their time would have been much better spent on implementing IN-GAME SAVES and ACCELERATED CLOCK.
Old 05-15-2008, 08:17 AM   #69
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

Looked good....hard to tell alot from a highlight video though

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Old 05-15-2008, 08:19 AM   #70
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler99
Great points!

I honestly don't see any "earth-shattering" difference between this video and 08'? If this is considered one of their biggest improvements for 09' I'd say their time would have been much better spent on implementing IN-GAME SAVES and ACCELERATED CLOCK.
Really? So no gameplay improvements needed as long as they have In-game saves and accelerated clock? IMO the new tackling animations are a big difference.
Old 05-15-2008, 08:21 AM   #71
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

I didn't see 1 true gang tackle in that entire video.

Edit: The lighting in the stadium looks great. Th lighting on the players is pretty weak. There are bright spots where there shouldn't be (i.e. underarms) and there doesn't appear to be any self-shadowing.

Last edited by FlyingFinn; 05-15-2008 at 09:00 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2008, 08:41 AM   #72
MVP

myownsun's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ21476
Its the same every year and everyone gets hype only to be disappointed when the game comes out. The real truth on the game comes out about a week into the games release where you will see all types of EA Sucks threads.

Honestly i am NOT impressed at all, the animations are still stiff and the player movement is still
awkward and robotic. But i will wait and see how the game plays before i write it off as more of the same and another year without a FBgame.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »