Home

Positive words on Madden- Bill Abner

This is a discussion on Positive words on Madden- Bill Abner within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2008, 05:48 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: Positive words on Madden- Bill Abner

If you think the AI is the same as last year you're crazy the db's play way better the lb's when in zone do what there supposed to.
Old 08-04-2008, 05:48 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netherscourge
Who is Bill Abner?
Nobody, really. He was just a regular dude on Usenet a few years back, posting like you or I do about sports videogames on comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports. Somehow, he parlayed that into an "internet videogame journalist"...and now he acts like he is a messiah of sports gaming.
Old 08-04-2008, 05:56 PM   #19
Rookie

Beardown's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott76
Nobody, really. He was just a regular dude on Usenet a few years back, posting like you or I do about sports videogames on comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports. Somehow, he parlayed that into an "internet videogame journalist"...and now he acts like he is a messiah of sports gaming.
That may be, but he tells it like it is and it usually rings true. I think that is the reason he is respected. You certainly can't rely on the gaming sites, the ratings for Madden and NCAA are always a joke.
Old 08-04-2008, 06:01 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 28

Not impressed with the demo thats for sure. I want to play a little D, but since there is no d in the demo, its not going ot happen for me. NO way am i going to drop 60 bucks or even 7 bucks to rent it. I dont know why they released a damn demo with no player controlled Defense.
Old 08-04-2008, 06:21 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by edubbs
Face it guys, this game is strictly for multi-player games.

Tiborun barely touches the CPU AI from year to year. It's the same crappy AI, with the same stupid short passing game and non-existant running game for every team.

Making it even worse, is the fact that there are no CPU sliders to adjust this year (even though EA's sliders usually do not work anyways).

No use in hoping it will get addressed next year because, it hasn't been addressed for 4 years in a row.

I'll just try to enjoy the game for what it is, and then shelve it once NBA2K9 comes out just like I do every year....
I do the same thing every year too. Too bad EA will be buying out Take2 though....2K9 may be the last great basketball game I see in my liftime....ugh
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2008, 06:39 PM   #22
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott76
i LOVED the way he sees the game, and most of the time, maybe 99% i agree with him. I have a blast reading his blog as well.

I respect Billīs opinion A LOT.. more than any other member on this forum.
Old 08-04-2008, 06:46 PM   #23
MVP

blklightning's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
Bill has just released a new blog about playing head to head in Madden saying it is MUCH more enjoyable.

http://nutweasel.blogspot.com/

Hopefully the patch will fix most of his problems with the AI and we will have an excellent Madden game on Aug 12th. By the way thank you Bill for your thoughts on both Madden and HC
this is really good news for me because i don't do online (would it kill ea to buy some servers?), but i love playing against another person. at least they finally seem to have gotten that part right.
Old 08-04-2008, 06:48 PM   #24
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netherscourge
Who is Bill Abner?
He's a GOD......
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »