Home

Positive words on Madden- Bill Abner

This is a discussion on Positive words on Madden- Bill Abner within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2008, 07:16 PM   #65
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: Positive words on Madden- Bill Abner

New blog post from the mysterious bill abner, sounds just like NCAA:

"The game against Cincy was one of "those games." I was at the mercy of the AI when I was playing defense. Carson Palmer goes 19 for 19 in the first half for 230 yards. I'm running dimes, presses, zones, doubles, focusing on TJ and Johnson....nothing worked. My sliders are at 100 DB reaction and 100 pass rush. Palmer ended up 36/44 for 400 yds 3 TD 0 INT. I still won 38-28. But the Bengals ran the ball 8 times. The games against Pitt and Baltimore had a nice flow to them, this game felt like the AI was playing me rather than the other way around. Moving onto the Giants game..."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2008, 07:34 PM   #66
MVP

Bill_Abner's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioactiveman
New blog post from the mysterious bill abner, sounds just like NCAA:

"The game against Cincy was one of "those games." I was at the mercy of the AI when I was playing defense. Carson Palmer goes 19 for 19 in the first half for 230 yards. I'm running dimes, presses, zones, doubles, focusing on TJ and Johnson....nothing worked. My sliders are at 100 DB reaction and 100 pass rush. Palmer ended up 36/44 for 400 yds 3 TD 0 INT. I still won 38-28. But the Bengals ran the ball 8 times. The games against Pitt and Baltimore had a nice flow to them, this game felt like the AI was playing me rather than the other way around. Moving onto the Giants game..."

That was one game. Every game isn't like that but there are times when the AI just takes over at the QB position and you're sorta helpless. But the 19/19 thing isn't game in and game out.

Editor in Chief Gameshark.Com
http://www.gameshark.com
Old 08-08-2008, 07:38 PM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_Abner
That was one game. Every game isn't like that but there are times when the AI just takes over at the QB position and you're sorta helpless. But the 19/19 thing isn't game in and game out.

Still silly though...I hope that was a one time and one time only thing. I hope to NEVER see a 100% completion game in Madden, whether it's me or the cpu doing it. Especially since you have the Pass D on Rookie
Old 08-08-2008, 09:51 PM   #68
Banned

OVR: 17

Bill I dont want to beg to differ with your observations but I have noticed more of the ROB QB extremely high completion games more often than not...in fact, almost every game.

Its disturbing because the passes that do not get completed by the CPU are either interceptions or dropped interceptions by my defenders...or on target drops by the cpu or deflected passes by my defenders. My point is, the cpu doesnt really make offline passes...which is starting to frustrate me

And their running game is also pretty abysmal too

Have you noticed your slider adjustments to address these?

what bothers me is there is no way to adjust the CPU PASSING to decrease the QBs Accuracy and increase the CPU's Run Blocking

these 2 adjustments would probablly most likely make for a more realistic game of football
Old 08-08-2008, 10:10 PM   #69
Pro

OVR: 10

Did you try lowering your tackle/reaction time? That should help the cpu run better.

As for the CPU passing, raising your pass rush up, do they have db's reaction time? If so max it out.
Old 08-08-2008, 10:30 PM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa_Bonami
Bill I dont want to beg to differ with your observations but I have noticed more of the ROB QB extremely high completion games more often than not...in fact, almost every game.

Its disturbing because the passes that do not get completed by the CPU are either interceptions or dropped interceptions by my defenders...or on target drops by the cpu or deflected passes by my defenders. My point is, the cpu doesnt really make offline passes...which is starting to frustrate me

what bothers me is there is no way to adjust the CPU PASSING to decrease the QBs Accuracy and increase the CPU's Run Blocking

these 2 adjustments would probablly most likely make for a more realistic game of football

Who are you controlling on defense? Start off as a DB or switch to a DB and you'll see lower percentages most likely
Old 08-08-2008, 11:54 PM   #71
MVP

Bill_Abner's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa_Bonami

Begging to differ is part of the process. We're going to see different stuff game to game. Most of my games, and I think I've logged about 15 full games (roughly) most of the time the CPU is at around 65-70%. The Carson Palmer game is a rarity. I've been updating the blog tonight and I played the Giants and Washington.

Eli was was 19/30 for 232 and 3 INTs
Campbell was 19/32 316 3 TD 5 INTs

(My INT slider is at 25, btw, with Reaction at 100)

Most of the incompletions are due to receivers running routes out of bounds, a few are breakups, very few are simply terrible passes, and a couple here and there are drops. (And then there's the picks). If having the CPU throw the majority of its passes on target is really frustrating -- then you're going to be frustrated.

As for the CPU run game I have Shed Block and Reaction time at 0 and Tackling at 25. Some games the AI gets little on the ground, other games it manages to do better. On default it has no chance, I agree.

Editor in Chief Gameshark.Com
http://www.gameshark.com
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2008, 01:36 AM   #72

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Just to throw it out there to see what others think, has anyone with the game who is seeing CPU Robo QB issues tried lowering the QB's awareness? Maybe, and this is just a thought so forgive me if its been discussed before, but with a lower awareness they will hold the ball longer and take more sacks instead of throwing off their back foot into coverage to avoid the sack. It might not work, but I want to see if we can get this fixed now instead of waiting for it to blow up into a monumental problem spammed all over the boards here. Lowering Accuracy wont solve this problem, but like I said, maybe cutting their awareness will allow for more sacks and less "Robo QB" moments, worth a shot.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »