Home

[Random] Greenscreen feature for the future

This is a discussion on [Random] Greenscreen feature for the future within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-26-2009, 02:18 AM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: [Random] Greenscreen feature for the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
Just saw the news release on the Madden 09 Superbowl sim results (I still like the Cards in an upset), but they had a few greenscreen images of players along with the article:
Attachment 12252

I wish we had a way to release this power to consumers - I would assume you all could find ways to do all kinds of cool stuff. That's an assumption though...would you all use it? How exactly do you think you could use it?

(PS there's no way this could be in Madden 10 )
This is cool and all and I am a PhotoShop junkie but to be honest dude... I would much rather More announce team options, Better atmosphere (Lighting, Shadows, Sidelines, Refs, Chaingang, Fans), MUCH MUCH MUCH Better game play... The same rushing weapons, the same catches the same tackles every time you play gets BORRRRRRRRING real fast.
Old 01-26-2009, 02:54 AM   #58
All Star

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTown
This is cool and all and I am a PhotoShop junkie but to be honest dude... I would much rather More announce team options, Better atmosphere (Lighting, Shadows, Sidelines, Refs, Chaingang, Fans), MUCH MUCH MUCH Better game play... The same rushing weapons, the same catches the same tackles every time you play gets BORRRRRRRRING real fast.

Apples and Orange seeds, mate.
Old 01-26-2009, 03:03 AM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
Apples and Orange seeds, mate.
My point is that they should be spending their time on things that matter. I am sick of all the stupid stuff like madden IQ that these guys waste their time on.
Old 01-26-2009, 06:34 AM   #60
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
My point is that they should be spending their time on things that matter. I am sick of all the stupid stuff like madden IQ that these guys waste their time on.
This isn't (this line has been censored according to forum ground rules) , it's Tiburon - what do you expect?
Old 01-26-2009, 08:43 AM   #61
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

The green screen thing would be neat, but i doubt id use it. Im sure soem enterprising people would, but im here to play video games, not edit photos.

Wow, that sounded dorky

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2009, 09:47 AM   #62
Pro

OVR: 18

I dont think i would use the Greenscreen feature. Super imposing players on different backgrounds is cool, but not anywhere near something that would add to the enjoyment of playing Madden. Please dont waste time on developing this. I think half the people dont have Photoshop anyway.

What i do think has promise would be tools for us to edit together highlights and post them so that other players could see what happened in our franchise weekly matches. NBA2K9 has a nice editing feature that i think could port well into NFL Madden. It is my hope that EA will include a highlight show to wrap up the week's games with highlights and commentary (Chris Berman style).
Old 01-26-2009, 09:59 AM   #63
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Ian,

I can't imagine a time in the near future where you all should dedicate .05 seconds of development time to something like this. If it's not something to do with PLAYING football, it can wait until next gen. Considering how much work the core of the game needs, anything outside of animations, AI & franchise enhancements should be postponed indefinitely IMO.
Old 01-26-2009, 03:16 PM   #64
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
Hmmm...I consider animations and graphics to be two very separate things.

There's not really much we can share in regards to player models & graphics between NHL/NBA and Madden. I think both games have really good looking models, but I also don't really think they are any better than Madden's, and they also have a much smaller environment to render as well as much fewer primary players.

For animation, we all share the same base animation technology and tool-sets. Some games have more advanced areas than others (i.e. our multiple character interaction system is much more advanced than either of those games...after all tackling & blocking is much more core for us), while NHL has a more advanced system for locomotion than us (based on the whole skating with a puck thing). I think all the games still have a lot to learn from each other. FIFA is the best EA Sports game when it comes to animation IMO...we are stealing as much of their stuff as we possibly can.
(sheds tear....) You have no idea how happy you just made me!

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »