Home

Could we please have more info on fight for the fumble?

This is a discussion on Could we please have more info on fight for the fumble? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-31-2009, 08:13 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 26
Re: Could we please have more info on fight for the fumble?

Hope pileups arnt for every fumble
Old 03-31-2009, 08:15 PM   #18
MVP

cedwebb's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowdown2shadi
Maybe when theirs a loose ball, you have to sprint towards the ball(obviously) dive on the ball, then another player(s) have to dive into the dude then thats when the camera zooms into the pile(underneath it, or somesort of close up 'birds eye' view) and then.... Im stuck their. Care to add on anyone? lol
I am all in favor of leaving it moslty just a random pile up outcome except for the the beginning of it. Kind of mentioned above but I was thinking more of a hit stick funtion maybe?? As soon as a loos ball occurs players start looking for it and making the pile. How fast they notice it could be tuned into their awareness possibly. For the player not so close is where the user could really have fun. They could run towards the pile and use the hit stick button to try to knock someone off or wedge their way in. This in turn could keep the scrum alive or move the ball somewhere else possibly. Of course if you are running to the pile and you hear whistles you better lay off or you will get the unsportsmanlike conduct penalty which would really top this feature off IMO.
Old 03-31-2009, 08:18 PM   #19
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

I'm for a timing/ratings thing. If you see the ball pop out and hit A fast enough to dive on it, let the animation then be determined by ratings. I want to see the lineman destroy my little corner who was dumb enough to think he could win the fumble. Also, it would be cool to see the running back look for the ball after he lost it and try and stop to go for it. And have all of the non-controlled characters all hit the pile. Are you guys there yet with the animations? Meaning piling on and gang-tackling?

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 03-31-2009, 08:18 PM   #20
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanchez_Mareno
Hope pileups arnt for every fumble
If a reciever fumbles in the open field I really doubt there would be a pile up.

Also I am concerened if this would affect the ability to turn a qb fumble into a touchdown due to how close everyone is to the ball in that situation.
Old 03-31-2009, 08:19 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 35

So this is the new tech?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2009, 08:20 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnKill
How does that put you more in control? I feel that you lose control with those types of things... Hey look at me, I have turbo on my 3d party controller, yey, I win every interaction!

That ruins the game for me personally... its a football sim, there's nothing "sim" about who can mash a button the fastest.
If you want to take that approach, there's nothing "sim" about playing football with a controller in your living room either. Button Mashing would represent a struggle, I wouldn't have a problem with it.
Old 03-31-2009, 08:36 PM   #23
EA Game Changer

OVR: 14

I know a poster said he doesn't like it but the only thing comes to my mind if it's gonna be user control is to buttom mash to gain full possession of the ball. It's a battle down there for it. So you should have to battle on the sticks. Perhaps the stronger player and players with higher carry rating would have an advantage.
Old 03-31-2009, 08:40 PM   #24
Pro

adub88's Arena

OVR: 12

I don't see any other way around button mashing here. A one button press ain't gonna cut it in this situation.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »