Home

A little perspective on graphics for you sock stripe people...

This is a discussion on A little perspective on graphics for you sock stripe people... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-09-2009, 04:57 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: A little perspective on graphics for you sock stripe people...

lol I remember digging through my games a while back and pulling out Gameday 2000 and on the back it had a starburst to something along the lines of "most realistic looking football game ever".

I was lmao...
Old 04-09-2009, 04:57 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
I totally agree with this post but I am 1 person that would like to see the details such as sock length and shoe colors have some options to match the real life counterparts. I'm not asking for advanced graphics like 3d grass and jerseys tearing and ripping and becoming untucked, but just that the player models be accurate and accessories be accurate. It would just help the game look that more authentic.
Why the hell did you change your avatar dude. That other pic....
Old 04-09-2009, 05:16 PM   #19
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYyankz225
Why the hell did you change your avatar dude. That other pic....
I had a feeling the mods would make me change it.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 04-09-2009, 05:17 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 16

Great post my ***....

I guess you can say the same about cars....Back in the 1700's they didn't have cars so I guess you can't bitch about how some cars don't have certain features.

FACT OF THE MATTER IS
times change and as new technology comes out people will want more. People were complaining back in Madden 92 because they wanted a real playoff system. Remember in Madden 95 they introduced the new 2 franchise teams panthers and some other team. I was hype as hell.

We will always want more.
Old 04-09-2009, 05:32 PM   #21
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
I totally agree with this post but I am 1 person that would like to see the details such as sock length and shoe colors have some options to match the real life counterparts. I'm not asking for advanced graphics like 3d grass and jerseys tearing and ripping and becoming untucked, but just that the player models be accurate and accessories be accurate. It would just help the game look that more authentic.
I think a complete player editor would solve this. That way you could get everyone in the NFL to look the way YOU want them to when you play. But that's less about graphics and more about attention to detail during the tuning phase.

But I get you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
Great post my ***....

I guess you can say the same about cars....Back in the 1700's they didn't have cars so I guess you can't bitch about how some cars don't have certain features.

FACT OF THE MATTER IS
times change and as new technology comes out people will want more. People were complaining back in Madden 92 because they wanted a real playoff system. Remember in Madden 95 they introduced the new 2 franchise teams panthers and some other team. I was hype as hell.

We will always want more.
I don't know anything about your "asterisk asterisk asterisk".

What I will say is that I would be all for super-realistic graphics in the game if GAME-PLAY HAD NOT SUFFERED AS A RESULT.

Fact is some of all that GPU power being chewed up to run shaders and float polygons could be better used to bolster the CPU AI.

30 years into football games and the CPU is STILL calling it's plays at random? Come on, man!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2009, 05:44 PM   #22
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgun styles

NFL Football, Atari 2600 1979

This was about my all time favorite two player football game.

A friend and myself would play this game for hours on end. And you had to be damn good at it, the way the ball would plane across the field when passing. Thanks for the memories SS. This game was a blast.
Old 04-09-2009, 05:48 PM   #23
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1
This was about my all time favorite two player football game.

A friend and myself would play this game for hours on end. And you had to be damn good at it, the way the ball would plane across the field when passing. Thanks for the memories SS. This game was a blast.
It's funny that you should say that. I never once threw an Atari controller out of rage. That didn't happen until Madden came along.
Old 04-09-2009, 06:10 PM   #24
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgun styles
It's funny that you should say that. I never once threw an Atari controller out of rage. That didn't happen until Madden came along.
Many years ago, myself and three friends use to get together to play video games. If we played that football game first...many times I had to "throw" the game, because my one buddy would get so pissed at losing, it'd ruin the whole night.

I still have that football game. My son bought me a game titled..."Intellivision lives". It has many of the old games on the one disk.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »