Home

Has the challenge nonsense been fixed?

This is a discussion on Has the challenge nonsense been fixed? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-06-2009, 02:53 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: Has the challenge nonsense been fixed?

It's sad to say, but I personally feel like this would've been addressed at some point if they had done any sort of work on it beyond tweaking. I don't expect to see any improvements in the system, although I could be wrong.

Sad as it is, a new challenge system doesn't help sell games (to the majority anyways) which is why it will keep getting low priority until they have fixed/done everything else.
Old 06-06-2009, 03:27 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 5

In the video is a prime example of a botched up challenge system, you will notice 3 fumbles on this one play and when my opponent went to challenge the 3rd fumble it only challenged the second fumble in which I recovered (49ers).

http://beta.easports.com/media/play/video/6022801
Old 06-06-2009, 04:14 PM   #35
Banned

bulls23's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusefan
Think about how hard it must be to create that logic though. Not only do you have to create situations where the Refs make a bad decision on purpose, but having the CPU challenge that play. Now create situations where all of the following happened but now the CPU challenges but gets it wrong.

Personally I want The Human challenge system to work first, then put the CPU logic for challenges.
It can't be THAT hard if 2k did it 5 YEARS ago.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2009, 04:21 PM   #36
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulls23
It can't be THAT hard if 2k did it 5 YEARS ago.
I could write a book Why Madden 09's challenge system was a failure and why, but that will take too long. What I will say is we have not seen what Madden 10's challenge system holds in store for us. I am just hoping that the Human Replay system works, I dont really care if the CPU challenges or doesn't challenge.
Old 06-06-2009, 07:24 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengo Juego
Oh PUHLEEZE! Art Department is separate from the gameplay or w/e the Challenge system is done by.

Dont try to blame something else, for the challenge system not being fixed.
Ha... Really now? Well tell me this my good man, why has it been the same for the past 6 years?!!??

The majority of the threads on here are talking about cleats and face masks and towels and all that other stuff. Now mind you, I'm down for authenticity but it makes it seem that is all we as gamers care for. It gives them the idea that as long as we provide the customers with authenticity, the gameplay could be lackluster. C'mon bro.

Dozens of challenges are thrown around every week in a NFL season. There are times when games are won and lost by challenges. With that said, we as gamers and football enthusiasts should have proper Challenge mechanics. It's only right since we're paying top dollar for the game.
Old 06-06-2009, 07:35 PM   #38
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken986
Ha... Really now? Well tell me this my good man, why has it been the same for the past 6 years?!!??

The majority of the threads on here are talking about cleats and face masks and towels and all that other stuff. Now mind you, I'm down for authenticity but it makes it seem that is all we as gamers care for. It gives them the idea that as long as we provide the customers with authenticity, the gameplay could be lackluster. C'mon bro.

Dozens of challenges are thrown around every week in a NFL season. There are times when games are won and lost by challenges. With that said, we as gamers and football enthusiasts should have proper Challenge mechanics. It's only right since we're paying top dollar for the game.
cheers to that

Old 07-01-2009, 11:45 PM   #39
MVP

Spongedaddy's Arena

OVR: 10

I am interested to hear what has changed with this as well. Does anyone know for certain?
Old 07-02-2009, 12:02 AM   #40
All Star

OVR: 33

Madden 09's challenge system was artificial and scripted. Players were never ruled down, and you had to challenge every fumble.

The only thing that was ever wrong in 09 was the fumbles. And the ref never called the player's knee was down. So we had to CHALLENGE EVERY SINGLE FUMBLE. It was fkin stupid.

Just get all the calls correct, rather than a broken challenge system.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »