Home

Has the challenge nonsense been fixed?

This is a discussion on Has the challenge nonsense been fixed? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2009, 12:29 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Has the challenge nonsense been fixed?

now i didnt buy 09, the last madden i had was 08 for ps2, but i did buy ncaa 09 later on in the year and it sounds like the challenge logic is the same on both games. there would be times that the cpu or i would catch the ball with both feet out of bounds and it would be complete. i scored a touchdown from it but it kind of irked me, ill take it anyhow.

NOW... 2k5's challenge system is second to none. I hate 2k5 but this is one of the few things that was good about the game looking back. i loved how you could actually choose what you are challenging, so that you are not challenging the ball spot when you wanted to challenge a catch, or something ridiculous.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2009, 07:36 AM   #42
MVP

jr86's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPatetta
now i didnt buy 09, the last madden i had was 08 for ps2, but i did buy ncaa 09 later on in the year and it sounds like the challenge logic is the same on both games. there would be times that the cpu or i would catch the ball with both feet out of bounds and it would be complete. i scored a touchdown from it but it kind of irked me, ill take it anyhow.

NOW... 2k5's challenge system is second to none. I hate 2k5 but this is one of the few things that was good about the game looking back. i loved how you could actually choose what you are challenging, so that you are not challenging the ball spot when you wanted to challenge a catch, or something ridiculous.
You hated the greatest NFL game ever made...wow
Old 07-02-2009, 07:48 AM   #43
MVP

Spongedaddy's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr86
It's only the greatest game in your (and others) opinions. If people could learn this one simple fact, forums wouldn't break down into a first grade level.
Old 07-02-2009, 08:12 AM   #44
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongedaddy
It's only the greatest game in your (and others) opinions. If people could learn this one simple fact, forums wouldn't break down into a first grade level.
Exactly.......

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 07-02-2009, 08:51 AM   #45
Banned

OVR: 17

guarantee we will get a response saying "We never had any time to look into it this year since we spent most of the time working on Pro-Tak, It will be at the top of our to do list for next years game" Meanwhile a challenge system seems pretty basic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2009, 09:52 AM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr86
the controls were terrible, you still had to mash the x button repeatedly for speed, YOU HAD TO "CHARGE" YOUR PLAYER TO MAKE A BIG PLAY, the passing was pathetic, when you got tackled you were whistled down before you even were, the overall animations looked ridiculous. that is amazing to you i guess. the one thing 2k5 had over madden at the time was a better presentation and a ton of jersey selections, aside from the challenging.
Old 07-02-2009, 10:31 AM   #47
MVP

jr86's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongedaddy
You are right just one mans opinion, however i still have to answer the other guy
Old 07-02-2009, 10:38 AM   #48
MVP

jr86's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPatetta
the controls were terrible, you still had to mash the x button repeatedly for speed, YOU HAD TO "CHARGE" YOUR PLAYER TO MAKE A BIG PLAY, the passing was pathetic, when you got tackled you were whistled down before you even were, the overall animations looked ridiculous. that is amazing to you i guess. the one thing 2k5 had over madden at the time was a better presentation and a ton of jersey selections, aside from the challenging.
the controls were terrible, you still had to mash the x button repeatedly for speed - which actually gave a sense of speed rather that just holding one button for it

YOU HAD TO "CHARGE" YOUR PLAYER TO MAKE A BIG PLAY - Only 1 of a number of ways to make a big play the shoulder charge or stiff arm were just as if not more effective

the passing was pathetic - what because you couldn't throw the ball to a pinpoint target 60yds downfield off your backfoot?

the overall animations looked ridiculous - Well to each their own but if we are comparing like for like vs Madden 05 then personally i think they beat that hands down

Now there are numerous other things that made this game better also but hey i am not going to change anyones mind but i will just leave you with this one
VIP- One of the smartest things ever put in a video game

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »