Home

Most new features in Madden 10 still a work in progress?

This is a discussion on Most new features in Madden 10 still a work in progress? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
Forza Horizon 5 Review
Have Card-Collecting Modes Become Too Complicated?
Hockey Ultimate Team in NHL 22 Polishes Familiar Formula
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2009, 04:59 AM   #1
CNFL Commissioner
 
XtremeDunkz's Arena
 
OVR: 22
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 3,270
Blog Entries: 4
Most new features in Madden 10 still a work in progress?

Now don't get me wrong, I applaud Ian and the entire team for the MAJOR turnaround from 09-10, and I will be in line at midnight to pick this up and play it all year long. But after going through alot of features I just realized that a good amount of them are not completely done. It is great to have all these new features, but personally, I would rather have less features that are all 100% fleshed out.

For example:

Refs (don't throw penalty flags)

Acc Clock (no option to run under 2 mins)

Online Franchise (numerous things missing)

Adaptive AI (on defense but not offense)

Online co-op (but only against the cpu)

Extra Point (wrap ups but no highlights)

I know all of these things will be fixed/added to for Madden 2011, and unfortunately these things being still a work in progress has me already looking forward to 2011 before Madden 10 is even released.
__________________
Mixer

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
XtremeDunkz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2009, 05:55 AM   #2
Rookie
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Oct 2006
Re: Most new features in Madden 10 still a work in progress?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremedunkz
Now don't get me wrong, I applaud Ian and the entire team for the MAJOR turnaround from 09-10, and I will be in line at midnight to pick this up and play it all year long. But after going through alot of features I just realized that a good amount of them are not completely done. It is great to have all these new features, but personally, I would rather have less features that are all 100% fleshed out.

For example:

Refs (don't throw penalty flags)

Acc Clock (no option to run under 2 mins)

Online Franchise (numerous things missing)

Adaptive AI (on defense but not offense)

Online co-op (but only against the cpu)

Extra Point (wrap ups but no highlights)

I know all of these things will be fixed/added to for Madden 2011, and unfortunately these things being still a work in progress has me already looking forward to 2011 before Madden 10 is even released.
is 2 and 4 confirmed, or just unknown right now?
BayAreaRYder226 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 06:10 AM   #3
RKO!!
 
PantherBeast_OS's Arena
 
OVR: 53
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 6,693
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Most new features in Madden 10 still a work in progress?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremedunkz
Now don't get me wrong, I applaud Ian and the entire team for the MAJOR turnaround from 09-10, and I will be in line at midnight to pick this up and play it all year long. But after going through alot of features I just realized that a good amount of them are not completely done. It is great to have all these new features, but personally, I would rather have less features that are all 100% fleshed out.

For example:

Refs (don't throw penalty flags)

Acc Clock (no option to run under 2 mins)

Online Franchise (numerous things missing)

Adaptive AI (on defense but not offense)

Online co-op (but only against the cpu)

Extra Point (wrap ups but no highlights)

I know all of these things will be fixed/added to for Madden 2011, and unfortunately these things being still a work in progress has me already looking forward to 2011 before Madden 10 is even released.
I all I can say is this stuff will be address and fixed in madden 11. I don't think these few things are going to ruin madden 10. Also the online things you are talking bout is hopefully going to get addressed after the release of the game. Ian has done said things like the salary cap and contracts con be add later since this a web base problem. In other words these problems have nothing to do with the disc. So these problems will get addressed after the release. But the other stuff will get worked on in madden 11.
PantherBeast_OS is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 06:50 AM   #4
Rookie
 
Dynamite's Arena
 
OVR: 8
Join Date: Oct 2005
Re: Most new features in Madden 10 still a work in progress?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbeast
I all I can say is this stuff will be address and fixed in madden 11. I don't think these few things are going to ruin madden 10. Also the online things you are talking bout is hopefully going to get addressed after the release of the game. Ian has done said things like the salary cap and contracts con be add later since this a web base problem. In other words these problems have nothing to do with the disc. So these problems will get addressed after the release. But the other stuff will get worked on in madden 11.
That's the problem. We shouldn't be looking forward to the next game before the current one comes out, and we definitely shouldn't be worrying if features are making it into the game with their full expectations met. There's no reason why any of these features should be in without them being "completed" and most certainly with most of these, it's a here's the barebones feature you wanted, but missing this that makes it really go.

It's like be careful what you wish for, but with Madden. I am still excited to play this game though, because for a good bit of time, I was pretty impressed with 09, however short-lived it was.
__________________
Our purchasing power is being eroded. So especially now, the goods must be held to a standard. We end up happier as consumers, and the companies get a clear message: "We won't tolerate sub-par goods." It's a shame, no one cares to speak with their wallet.
Dynamite is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 08:40 AM   #5
Banned
 
OVR: 25
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Most new features in Madden 10 still a work in progress?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamite
That's the problem. We shouldn't be looking forward to the next game before the current one comes out, and we definitely shouldn't be worrying if features are making it into the game with their full expectations met. There's no reason why any of these features should be in without them being "completed" and most certainly with most of these, it's a here's the barebones feature you wanted, but missing this that makes it really go.

It's like be careful what you wish for, but with Madden. I am still excited to play this game though, because for a good bit of time, I was pretty impressed with 09, however short-lived it was.
I still am very impressed with 09 actually. I could see the turnaround coming in 08. I knew it was about to start getting good.

Reference the new features not being polished 100%. I think it'll be close enough and a very enjoyable title this year. I wonder if there is another level of pro tak yet to be implemented? I honestly cant see it going any further than what we have now. I think the 9 man level is the last we'll see, just with more tweaks and polish in the coming years.
TheCreep is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2009, 09:00 AM   #6
MVP
 
rckabillyRaider's Arena
 
OVR: 36
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: So Cali
Posts: 4,399
Re: Most new features in Madden 10 still a work in progress?

I agree. All the new features do look to be incomplete. Its almost as if we are getting a Madden 11 beta build this August.

However, I will definitely be buying it this year and it looks like it will be a very solid game overall.
rckabillyRaider is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 09:12 AM   #7
MVP
 
OVR: 26
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: NZ
Blog Entries: 3
Re: Most new features in Madden 10 still a work in progress?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckabillyRaider
Its almost as if we are getting a Madden 11 beta build this August.
This
Sanchez_Mareno is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 10:16 AM   #8
Not an EA GameChanger
 
mrprice33's Arena
 
OVR: 16
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 5,994
Re: Most new features in Madden 10 still a work in progress?

Do you all not understand how much work it has taken to get madden to this point? Tiburon looks to be making the biggest single year leap in the history of madden, and you're still complaining? What more do you want?
mrprice33 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:05 PM.

Top -