Home

So, I decided to rent Madden 09 (PS2) for spits and giggles...

This is a discussion on So, I decided to rent Madden 09 (PS2) for spits and giggles... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2009, 01:12 AM   #49
MattUMD224

OVR:
Re: So, I decided to rent Madden 09 (PS2) for spits and giggles...

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaldo
Are you referring to "fixes" from 08 or a patched 09?
There was no Patches offered for PS2 version so im referring to fixes such as pursuit angles, better defensive A.I., overthrown passes, toe-drag

Old 06-21-2009, 01:15 AM   #50
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

lol...poor Ian. The guy can't win with some people. Respond to criticism with a serious tone, and he's "too sensitive". Respond with honest answers and he's "hyping the game". Make a comment in jest and he's "baiting us" or "being a tool." It's funny that guys get all uptight no matter how he reacts simply because he develops a game...lol. It was a joke...jeez.

More on topic...

Up until now, last gen Madden definitely seemed to be more complete. I personally went back to a different game again (sorry Ian...lol...don't think THAT one will do much for your bottom line in any way), but 10 certainly looks promising. I'm hoping these last minute tweaks/fixes will be the difference in a rental vs a purchase for me.
Old 06-21-2009, 01:24 AM   #51
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaldo
I'm confused. What makes the old gen version of Madden 09 so special? From NG4's PS2 review (they scored it 7/10).....

"Closing Comments:
There's a point where you can tell that the emphasis has shifted to a newer console and its development cycle – Madden NFL 09 seems to have crossed that line, particularly because the gameplay feels so much like last year's title with only a handful of changes made here and there. The casual focus seems to have taken over much of the title, and while Family Play will be enjoyable for newcomers and beginners, veterans will quickly become bored or annoyed by the lack of innovation found here. It's not a horrible game, but it just doesn't do anything new at all, making it a watered down copy of last year's game with only mild items to keep your attention for a few minutes here and there."
This just shows why you should never trust reviews...

That reviewer is a dumb****, yea the game hasn't changed much, it was already good and not much change is going occur because there isn't much work being done on last gen madden development.

Madden 09 last-gen wasn't washed down at all when compared to Madden 08. I have no idea where that reviewer pulled that bs from. It actually added features.

With that said this "old madden" is still much better in the overall picture of football gaming IMO. To this day I haven't enjoyed the next-gen Maddens.

Can't wait for Madden 10 Ps2, and hopefull Madden 10 Xbox360 will be good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2009, 01:26 AM   #52
MVP

OVR: 17

just found my version on Madden 09 ps2...the game is solid. just as good if not better than nfl2k5(yeah, i said it)! from what i've seen in the Madden10 videos, it looks as though EA returned to their roots and followed the coding from the last gen version for the 360 version this year. if so........IT'S BOUT F'n TIME!!!.......
I am glad I got the Buell- I love riding it, I love the oddball looks I get on the road- I love people asking "What IS that thing?" I love flying into a corner WAY too hot, scared spitless and sure I'll never hold it at this speed- and hearing the bike whisper "Sissy!"...
Old 06-21-2009, 08:32 PM   #53
Rookie

MCNABB51BOI's Arena

OVR: 5

09 was good to me , i was in a couple of online leagues , game play was good and i felt like i had control over everybody i wish ea would bring over all the old-gen things to the new game
Old 06-21-2009, 09:52 PM   #54
Banned

OVR: 12

The game play in last gen was pretty solid. Personally, if they would have just improved on that base the last few years they would have a much better product then what we had in madden 09. Adding the extra player ratings in last gen would make a world of difference to me but could potentially screw up the game play. But if it had that and a better off season I would be about as happy as I can think of. Sure better graphics and some better presentation would be cool. Sure the option to create a team, edit rookie ratings, an option for premade rookies, etc. would be nice as well. But I could like with those dated graphics if I got the other options and be REALLY happy.

That said this year current gen is look hopeful but I feel next year is going to be the real WOW year if it is going to happen.
Old 06-21-2009, 10:26 PM   #55
Pro

parrothead's Arena

OVR: 9

Any idea if ps2 will have the custom made draft classes? Combine that with the old gen franchise mode, and look out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2009, 01:18 AM   #56
Banned

OVR: 24

It was fun to play. I only wish it had some sort of halftime and postgame presentation.......no replays or anything. Just a giant scoreboard. Oh well.

(incidentally, I've been playing the PC version much more lately; I now have 2009-10 rosters and schedules, and it's like having Madden 10. Plus, no jaggies!!!! Everything's much crisper on my puter.......)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »