Home

So this adaptive AI

This is a discussion on So this adaptive AI within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2009, 02:27 PM   #41
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: So this adaptive AI

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
I gave a bit of feedback that it was a bit too easy to "setup" the AI. IE... run a few plays up the middle, all of the sudden they're tightening the entire defense, and you can go off tackle for ridiculous yards. I hope that didn't lead to overcompensation.
It led to no compensation, I can run the same play over and over, toss it into the flats and score every drive.

Follow me on twitter @Equipment_Guru
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2009, 02:29 PM   #42
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
This is a bit boggling to me. When I play, I'm looking for fair competition. I don't want a challenge due to cheating AIs.

Another thing I'd love to hear more about is the whole sprint button thing. I swear that the moment I press the sprint button, the CPU magically sheds their blocks and drives me down.
Well I think Kane and Adem and LBrules are noticing these things aswell. I agree. The AI is always seems to have the upper hand in the game. I want the game to be on a balance level for both the AI and the human user. The AI should not have the up hand. As of right now to me it seems to the AI controlled teams. That the ratings to the AI means pretty much nothing at this momet. But hopefully Adem Lb and Kane can get Ian and Phil to look into these problems and correct them. I don't want them to dumb down the AI to make people happy. If I wanted to play a dumb down AI I would go play on rookie. I just want the AI and human user teams to balanced out. I want a good challenge. But I don't want the AI to abuse it's knowlegde of knowing everything bout the game.
Old 08-24-2009, 02:32 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 6

lol i wish they can adapt to getting burned everytime they run engage 8. they do it like 10 times a game and i always burn them for it. they dont learn. they need to run alot more zone blitz's.
Old 08-24-2009, 02:32 PM   #44
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
I gave a bit of feedback that it was a bit too easy to "setup" the AI. IE... run a few plays up the middle, all of the sudden they're tightening the entire defense, and you can go off tackle for ridiculous yards. I hope that didn't lead to overcompensation.
Oh really?

Old 08-24-2009, 02:36 PM   #45
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbeast
The AI is always seems to have the upper hand in the game. I want the game to be on a balance level for both the AI and the human user. The AI should not have the up hand. As of right now to me it seems to the AI controlled teams. That the ratings to the AI means pretty much nothing at this momet. But hopefully Adem Lb and Kane can get Ian and Phil to look into these problems and correct them. I don't want them to dumb down the AI to make people happy. If I wanted to play a dumb down AI I would go play on rookie. I just want the AI and human user teams to balanced out. I want a good challenge. But I don't want the AI to abuse it's knowlegde of knowing everything bout the game.
I've seen you post similar sentiments in a few threads now. By no means am I the Madden-afficionado, but I'm having no problems on All-Pro. I turned down the interception slider for both human/CPU and I tweaked the reaction slider, but other than that, I don't feel as though the game is tilted to the CPU. Maybe it's a testament to all of the Cowboys weapons, but I'm scoring MANY POINTS on all-pro.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2009, 02:37 PM   #46
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Right. I don't want a dumbed-down AI. What I want is for my line to behave as the AI lines does, with ratings being the ONLY performance difference. There's no reason why my 6-man blitz gets picked up all the time, while the CPU's 4-man rush gets to me often.

I expect to have a 3 - 4 second window to pass, typically. And that's all fine. But man do I have to work work work to get pressure on the QB. Speaking of which: I was in a SB versus the Patriots last night. Tom Brady was healthy as can be, and he was sacked twice. I was happy with that. But he also threw 6 INTs. These weren't inaccurate throws, they were just very poor decisions. I'm playing All-Pro with default pass defense sliders (I've even weakened my defense recently, to help the CPU run the ball). If I knew of a "decision-making" slider for the CPU QB, I'd ramp it up. Every INT was to a man out in the flats, and I had Bailey / Goodman camping there all day (I ended up running out of bounds for each INT, to avoid having six Pick-six plays).

And yeah, I agree with the sprint button. I was actually able to put together a 100-yard game with Moreno, last night (until I hit the playoffs, and my running game went to crap again).
Old 08-24-2009, 02:41 PM   #47
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
I've seen you post similar sentiments in a few threads now. By no means am I the Madden-afficionado, but I'm having no problems on All-Pro. I turned down the interception slider for both human/CPU and I tweaked the reaction slider, but other than that, I don't feel as though the game is tilted to the CPU. Maybe it's a testament to all of the Cowboys weapons, but I'm scoring MANY POINTS on all-pro.
And this isn't an issue for me, either. The problem, for me, is the running game on both sides. Right now, I have the Player and CPU run-block shedding and reaction time set to 10. The last game I played, last night, was Broncos vs. Giants in franchise. I won, 44-13. 20 yards rushing for me (1.4 YPC), and over 400 yards passing. Manning at 290 yards passing, but they had just over 15 yards rushing total.

Most of those points came from INTs that Manning would throw. Bone-headed passes to the flats, when I had CBs playing Cover-two.
Old 08-24-2009, 02:44 PM   #48
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
^^^ This. I spent a few hours in practice mode yesterday just trying different things, and that was the most obvious thing I noticed. I haven't been able to run at all to this point... after deciding not to touch sprint unless I"m running away from people, I went online and rushed Gore against someone using the Titans for 142 yards on 13 carries.

Don't touch sprint unless you're in the open field. Don't use it to hit a hole, don't use it to try to beat the angle, use it to run away from people, only.
Oh I see what you mean now bro. I just started a game panthers vs vikes. I down 3 running plays already 2 with Dwill and and 1 with stewart and I lay off the sprint button until I hit the whole then I hit and so far 3 good runs. Thinks for the advice bro.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »