Home

Online speed to stay at slow.

This is a discussion on Online speed to stay at slow. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2009, 08:59 PM   #1
16 Time World Champion

Nature_Boy's Arena

OVR: 30
Online speed to stay at slow.

This just in from Raczilla.

Hey guys,

Online game speed has clearly been a hot topic not just here on our board, but across the community in the last week. The dev team has taken a lot of care in evaluating their recent test and have made a decision on how this will be addressed.

After running a test with the default game speed set to Slow and reviewing the thousands of messages we’ve received from our fans, we’ve decided to leave the default game speed online at Slow. This setting matches the default setting used in offline games and provides the ideal combination of fun gameplay and the most accurate simulation of NFL football.

We know there are different views about this and we encourage everyone to post their thoughts in this thread in a manner that is respectful to others' opinions. We do reserve the right to remove comments that aren't forum appropriate, so let's use some care in replying to each other and we can have a constructive conversation about this.

Thanks,

raczilla

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/291498.page

Last edited by Nature_Boy; 08-26-2009 at 09:02 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2009, 09:04 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 49
Re: Online speed to stay at slow.

I personally like the slow setting better, so good news for me. I actually like the very slow setting as well. I actually feel that the computer annimations and AI is better. Maybe its just cause I can actually see it in action. Im one of the biggest 2k5 supporters out there, and for those who think that Madden slow is slower then 2k5 normal(standard player ratings-no 100+ stuff with finn editor!) is wrong.
Old 08-26-2009, 09:06 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 9

Dis ToTaL BS fRoM EA Dat be MEssIn mY Nano'S ToO slOW liKE pLaYing SLO-no in A BowL fUll of JeLLO. Dis BS I nEvEr bY Ea AgAin!!!! LOLHAHALOLHAHLOLHAHLOLHALOLOLOLOLOL

Sorry couldn't resist.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/bgdave39
Old 08-26-2009, 09:10 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

SMFH

F^ck EA

Next year when they have programing eras its going to be on very slow.

Sad part is I still love this game

TRUE STORY

R.I.P. NBA LIVE Fom 1998-2005
I miss you. You use to mean so much to me.

Last edited by Harlemal; 08-26-2009 at 09:29 PM.
Old 08-26-2009, 09:11 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

his is such bs all these sim ballers which is another way of saying complete bums that cant adjust to a fn thing and just complain and complain have single handly ruined madden and not just this year im so sick of you people. Shake my head at all of you if you want slow speed so dam bad then play on dial up cause that what it feels like. I don't know why EA would ever listen to all of these silly complaints when the best players in the world get zero say in how the product is you know something isn't right. Seriously EA took away all user skills its so sad I bet next year they come out with a special mode were u pick ur team and the play and then the pc does the rest! oh boy what fun that will be.

Seriously cant even give people a choice for what speed to play so pathetic and were ever IAn is better hope you guys buy another exclusive NFL license because your product has been god awful since 06!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2009, 09:12 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

Hold up - Is slow actually the most realistic speed? Because that's what they make it sound like in the OP of this thread.
Old 08-26-2009, 09:16 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 15

i have a poop eating grin on my face
Old 08-26-2009, 09:18 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

You'd think EA would do a good job programming the game and have the ideal speed as "NORMAL". I don't get how you can't think NORMAL is the most realistic speed. It doesn't take devin hester 6 seconds to run 40 yards IN A STRAIGHT LINE.

There's virtually no pass rush on slow speed at all. Every scrub that can't make a read fast enough now has time.

I'm not saying that everyone that likes slow isn't good, you can like it and be good or just enjoy the game speed. All it does is level the playing field just because EA is lazy and won't properly program the O-Line to block correctly or the D-Line to get good pressure depending the on players.

Just like the ACC clock BS. They can't fix glitches so they don't give anyone time to make pre-snap adjustments.

Big turn-off for me. Can't wait til NHL 10 gets released.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »